Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 21, 2017, 1:27pm
This afternoon's FA Trophy final could be important for Town, all being well Browne and Summerfield will play and have stormers to get Summerfield in the shop window for a move and for RS to see that Rhys is worth having back and developing or indeed be open to offers.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 21, 2017, 1:42pm; Reply: 1
If Slade does not want either of them but Macclesfield would like to keep Browne,

He might say you can have Browne IF you take Summerfield as well. ;)
Posted by: denni266, May 21, 2017, 1:49pm; Reply: 2
Dont think brown will want to come back here, he is settled where he is and is playing, i realy dont think we can offer him anything anything like ,,
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 21, 2017, 4:21pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from denni266
Dont think brown will want to come back here, he is settled where he is and is playing, i realy dont think we can offer him anything anything like ,,

How well do you know him personally?
Posted by: Trawler, May 21, 2017, 4:28pm; Reply: 4
Browne just scored.  Commentator says Slade is watching him closely and that he is not out of the picture.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 21, 2017, 4:31pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Trawler
Browne just scored.  Commentator says Slade is watching him closely and that he is not out of the picture.

Good!
Posted by: Superdan147, May 21, 2017, 4:54pm; Reply: 6
Certainly hope sladey is watching as he's playing very well. One criticism would be that he would probably need to work that little harder off the ball but he certainly looks a real talent!
Posted by: Mariner93er, May 21, 2017, 4:54pm; Reply: 7
Should of scored again too, completed a cracking run taking on a few players and leaving parslow on his bottom, then blasted it over the bar.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 21, 2017, 5:43pm; Reply: 8
Browne key player for the Silkmen.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 21, 2017, 5:44pm; Reply: 9
Browne key player for the Silkmen.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 21, 2017, 6:19pm; Reply: 10
Slade might really fancy him after that and give him a clean slate for pre season.....however....Browne might be totally uninterested in playing for us and seek a move himself which i think will be the case personally.
Posted by: jimgtfc, May 21, 2017, 6:26pm; Reply: 11
Why do people think Browne wants out? I don't get it, have I missed something? He only signed for us less than 12 months ago and was prepared to play for us then. He just had a terrible time with his obvious personal issues which meant he wasn't playing, then when he returned he fell out of favour probably because his mind wasn't on football. But he's gone away, played games, and done well by most accounts. I'm sure his dad would like him to give it another shot here and at league football, hopefully that's enough motivation for him.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, May 21, 2017, 6:39pm; Reply: 12
Yeah I just don't get these comments as a young lad surely he's desperate to make a go of it at a league club. Why would he intentionally want to drop out of the league?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 21, 2017, 7:44pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from jimgtfc
Why do people think Browne wants out? I don't get it, have I missed something? He only signed for us less than 12 months ago and was prepared to play for us then. He just had a terrible time with his obvious personal issues which meant he wasn't playing, then when he returned he fell out of favour probably because his mind wasn't on football. But he's gone away, played games, and done well by most accounts. I'm sure his dad would like him to give it another shot here and at league football, hopefully that's enough motivation for him.

Exactly! On the basis of a decent 5 months at a mid table NL club would he really be able to garner a decent move? Not sure, What I do know is that RS has enough savvy and man management skill/experience to understand Rhys's journey in the last 12 months and make sure he was well looked after "when" he comes back..

Always thought it was a bad move by MB to send him out on loan when he was having a tough time personally, we should have brought him back and put him under the wing of the likes of Dis, Shaun, Ben Davis and Josh Gowling etc...whilst getting a wide player back into first team contention.    

Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 21, 2017, 11:41pm; Reply: 14
Forgot about Summerfield until he was roundly booed by York fans when he came on as a late sub for Macc.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 22, 2017, 12:16am; Reply: 15
There's never a more dangerous time than after you've just scored, goes the old cliché.

Unless the opposition bring Luke Summerfield on, of course.
Posted by: Garth, May 22, 2017, 11:22am; Reply: 16
Is Summerfield the right sort of player who will win you promotion when all he can get is a bit part at Wembley in a National league trophy
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 7:49am