Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: mimma, May 18, 2017, 2:33pm
The FA have agreed to ban players for "simulation" from next season. Taken from the BBC news.

If players dive, the FA panel can review the video evidence and ban the player involved.

The panel consists of an ex ref and an ex player.

Step in the right direction?
Posted by: Teesknees, May 18, 2017, 2:54pm; Reply: 1
I have accused my wife of simulation especially when I was taking a dive!

ha

ha

ha
Posted by: mimma, May 18, 2017, 3:04pm; Reply: 2
In future the FA could review the video evidence and decide on the punishment you deserve! ;D
Posted by: Hertsmariner, May 18, 2017, 3:23pm; Reply: 3
Can't see Pell playing many games then.....
Posted by: Kris2, May 18, 2017, 3:24pm; Reply: 4
So how many games will they actually review? Does it have to be something a referee flags for attention? Do they look through lots of games at random and decide which players were diving?

Can we request that they review every single game Cheltenham play?
Posted by: malkamalka, May 18, 2017, 4:36pm; Reply: 5
Why "retrospective"?

They are going to be using video refs - surely this is something that can be done on the spot. Otherwise, it's another situation where a team other than the direct opponent gets the advantage.

Judging by Mike Dean's performance last night, they also need to include "hand ball" and inside or outside the area?

Refereeing in this country is hopeless!
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, May 18, 2017, 5:36pm; Reply: 6
Money on Cheltenham being relegated next season then.
Posted by: mimma, May 18, 2017, 5:54pm; Reply: 7
It will only work in the top two divisions where there are many camera angles to review it. What happen here with just one camera on top of the findus?
Posted by: moosey_club, May 18, 2017, 6:56pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Teesknees

ha

ha

ha

glad its just not you  ;)
Posted by: 75 (Guest), May 21, 2017, 12:33am; Reply: 9
If it stops or punishes these pathetic players then it can only be a good thing in my opinion. Diving is the number aspect of football that is driving me away from the Premier league in particular. It seems to be accepted nowadays as 'part of the game', I've heard commentators, in particular the new breed such as Carragher (a man who would rather grab the Sky £ than become a manager himself) say a player has a 'right to go down' if he is brushed, nonsense. Hope they player is hit in the pocket as well as banned.
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 21, 2017, 5:54am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Teesknees

ha

ha

ha

I guess you where on the edge of the box  ;)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 21, 2017, 6:05am; Reply: 11
Still won't stop the clever ones like our jack (Lester) use to win more penno's through deliberately tripping himself up on a defenders foot/leg than I care to remember he had it down to a fine art. lol
Posted by: moosey_club, May 21, 2017, 9:59am; Reply: 12
i heard Sam Allardyce kicking off about this last week and describing it as a stupid idea dreamt up by people who are justifying their jobs by coming up with such ideas.....
and he was the choice of the F.A not so long ago....i think we can guess which instruction he gives his players to follow if someone disturbs the air around them.

In full support of this idea, the panel will have to be very consistent though....whilst sounding like a simple job there are a few variants that i can see could be controversial.

Zero contact but the player dives/ skips out of the way to avoid taking a hit.
Minimal contact and the player goes down, doesnt appeal for anything, just gets up.
Player leaves his own leg trailing to get contact.

If the ruling is to be simulation then does that exted to all aspects of a game, what about if a player does get fouled but then rolls around on the floor exaggerating his injury...the assailant gets booked and then the injured player is suddenly is cured and up and running. We have seen plenty of this at BP in the last season. Yellow card ?

Cannot be a bad thing with the way its gone , hopefully it will reel in some of the pathetic behaviour we see now.
Posted by: Mariner93er, May 21, 2017, 10:28am; Reply: 13
The only problem is it can be very interpretations, so I can't see players being banned for diving when they go down from the slightest contact.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), May 21, 2017, 10:49am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Mariner93er
The only problem is it can be very interpretations, so I can't see players being banned for diving when they go down from the slightest contact.

I understand the FA will have a board sitting who have to be unanimous or there is no charge.
Posted by: Posh Harry, May 21, 2017, 12:40pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from moosey_club
i heard Sam Allardyce kicking off about this last week and describing it as a stupid idea dreamt up by people who are justifying their jobs by coming up with such ideas.....
and he was the choice of the F.A not so long ago....i think we can guess which instruction he gives his players to follow if someone disturbs the air around them.

In full support of this idea, the panel will have to be very consistent though....whilst sounding like a simple job there are a few variants that i can see could be controversial.

Zero contact but the player dives/ skips out of the way to avoid taking a hit.
Minimal contact and the player goes down, doesnt appeal for anything, just gets up.
Player leaves his own leg trailing to get contact.

If the ruling is to be simulation then does that exted to all aspects of a game, what about if a player does get fouled but then rolls around on the floor exaggerating his injury...the assailant gets booked and then the injured player is suddenly is cured and up and running. We have seen plenty of this at BP in the last season. Yellow card ?

Cannot be a bad thing with the way its gone , hopefully it will reel in some of the pathetic behaviour we see now.

Big Sam is just worried that he will lose Zaha for half the season.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 21, 2017, 12:55pm; Reply: 16
I hope they will look at all the shirt pulling and holding that spoils most corners or free kicks.

They say diving is cheating well so is holding and shirt pulling,

Never did it in my day.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 21, 2017, 2:32pm; Reply: 17
Good idea, been doing it in Scotland a whîle I think. Shame it won't be extended to the Conference though, where's there's more play acting than in Liga Nos.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 21, 2017, 8:09pm; Reply: 18
Great idea fine the players and club as well as banning them
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 21, 2017, 8:16pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from grimsby pete
I hope they will look at all the shirt pulling and holding that spoils most corners or free kicks.

They say diving is cheating well so is holding and shirt pulling,

Never did it in my day.

I believe you Pete. ;)
Posted by: ginnywings, May 21, 2017, 11:22pm; Reply: 20
Was going to mention players who go down like they have been shot, throwing their hands to their face, when they have merely been brushed on the chest area, and lo and behold, that tw@t Costa has just done exactly that on MOTD. Really boils my p1ss. Sort that as well while you're at it.
Posted by: Mariner1972, May 22, 2017, 3:12pm; Reply: 21
They can all so be band for feigning injury to get the opponent sent off as well as diving.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 10:01am