Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: chipsandgravy, May 17, 2017, 8:38pm
Strong rumour from Hartlepool that Magnay is on there released list  (tomorrow). Just saying!
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 17, 2017, 8:46pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from chipsandgravy
Strong rumour from Hartlepool that Magnay is on there released list  (tomorrow). Just saying!

If true he will end up at Gateshead again, no need to car share.

Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 17, 2017, 8:46pm; Reply: 2
Good luck to him - decent right back at Conference level.
Posted by: Mariner_09, May 17, 2017, 8:47pm; Reply: 3
Just as long as him and his gob don't rock up here again.
Posted by: GtfcGarner, May 17, 2017, 9:04pm; Reply: 4
Good player and know he wanted to stay if the money was right. It wasn't so he left, good luck to him.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 17, 2017, 9:07pm; Reply: 5
Carlisle, Barrow, Sunderland, Darlington, Newcastle, York as long as he does not run out of petrol. 😉
Posted by: Fishfinger, May 17, 2017, 9:15pm; Reply: 6
In fairness, the vast majority of supporters loved Magnay when he was here! Passionate and talented player and I respect the guy more so due to the fact he attended our play off final game vs FGR with our fans.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 17, 2017, 9:36pm; Reply: 7
Good player Magnay and i had no problems with him moving back nearer his home area. It's a short and not brilliantly paid career as a lower league footballer.
Posted by: Mariner_09, May 17, 2017, 9:38pm; Reply: 8
He's had real problems with injuries I think, I never understood the love in with him, we got somebody better to replace him in the end though, Tait was better for me.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 17, 2017, 9:43pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Mariner_09
He's had real problems with injuries I think, I never understood the love in with him, we got somebody better to replace him in the end though, Tait was better for me.

You're no judge of a full back.  ;)
Posted by: Grantley, May 17, 2017, 9:58pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Mariner_09

As a fullback, maybe. As a versatile defender, Magnay was miles better.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, May 17, 2017, 10:09pm; Reply: 11
Richard tait was the best right back in that division I ever saw.
Posted by: toontown, May 17, 2017, 10:52pm; Reply: 12
Can't see a problem with somebody moving to earn more money at lower league level they aren't on mind blowing wages. He was clearly happy to stay if we'd matched it. Respect to him for going to the FGR play-off final to lend his support (Conor Townsend too for that matter). Think Magnay and Tait were both good for that level.
As we have Mills we probably aren't going to be in the running for his signature.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 17, 2017, 10:58pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Mariner_09
Just as long as him and his gob don't rock up here again.

What do you mean by 'gob'? When was he gobby?
Posted by: Mariner_09, May 18, 2017, 8:21am; Reply: 14
When he negotiated his contract over the radio, he also said "I wish I could drill it into some of their heads that running down cul-de-sacks gets you nowhere" and he told us we had to revise travel arrangements!

He had a lot to say!
Posted by: horsforthmariner, May 18, 2017, 9:08am; Reply: 15
Good player as good as Tait and Mills. Seemed a pretty genuine bloke.
Posted by: 935 (Guest), May 18, 2017, 10:46am; Reply: 16
http://mobile.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/hartlepool-united-retained-list-201617-3719131.aspx
Posted by: Welwynmariner, May 18, 2017, 10:48am; Reply: 17
Hartlepool have offered Magnay to stay with them
Posted by: RichMariner, May 18, 2017, 10:54am; Reply: 18
Magnay talked a good game. He said some honest things in the press and, for us fans, it was refreshing to hear.

Sometimes all you want, as a fan, is to hear a player feel as hurt as you, and talk as passionately as you feel, about our current predicament, and I think that's what resonated with the fans most.

Of course, he was also a good player at right back, which helped - although I feel his form faded a little in the second half of the season.

I liked the bloke and thought he was a very good full back, either side. Demonstrated skill, versatility and passion. At that level, you couldn't ask for more.

It's a shame that he left but like some have already said, Tait proved to be a more than adequate replacement.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 18, 2017, 10:56am; Reply: 19
Interesting to see from that link that Hartlepool will have to travel over 10,000 miles next season, not including cup games. Shows how the league is becoming more and more orientated to the south and west.
Posted by: Posh Harry, May 18, 2017, 12:56pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from ginnywings
Interesting to see from that link that Hartlepool will have to travel over 10,000 miles next season, not including cup games. Shows how the league is becoming more and more orientated to the south and west.

I almost feel sorry for them Ginny 😉😂😜
Posted by: ginnywings, May 18, 2017, 1:01pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Posh Harry

I almost feel sorry for them Ginny 😉😂😜

Yeah, almost................
Posted by: Mariner_501, May 18, 2017, 1:15pm; Reply: 22
Was a great player for us but that's been and gone. No thanks
Posted by: Rick12, May 18, 2017, 3:00pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Mariner_09
Good technical player when he was playing for us in the conference.Remember seeing him on BT sport for the first time and he stood out
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 1:33pm