Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: sidneyparkmariner, May 17, 2017, 10:04am
Whats happening with it and is it getting to get the go ahead to build yet!
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 17, 2017, 10:09am; Reply: 1
Quoted from sidneyparkmariner
Whats happening with it and is it getting to get the go ahead to build yet!

http://humberbusiness.com/news/hurdle-cleared-in-plan-for-new/story-5117-detail/story
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, May 17, 2017, 10:16am; Reply: 2
I think the next phase is for the parties to enter into an agreement to buy the land so hopefully we will have some news on that soon.
Posted by: Gaffer58, May 17, 2017, 2:03pm; Reply: 3
Talking of buying land a business contact, who is a sseason ticket holder at Scunny, tells me that Mr Swann has not purchased the land for their new stadium yet, we could have a bet with 365, etc as to who gets their ground first.Although I think they have a fans forum or something tonight where Mr Swann will reveal all!!!!
Posted by: ginnywings, May 17, 2017, 2:32pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Gaffer58
Talking of buying land a business contact, who is a sseason ticket holder at Scunny, tells me that Mr Swann has not purchased the land for their new stadium yet, we could have a bet with 365, etc as to who gets their ground first.Although I think they have a fans forum or something tonight where Mr Swann will reveal all!!!!

Perhaps he's had enough? Would be funny as fook if he is pulling the plug after all that cash got them nowhere this season.
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 17, 2017, 2:49pm; Reply: 5
I read for the first time that one of the objections from defatarse is he is concerned it might affect expansion of the cemetery. This is projected for FORTY years time.
Unbelievable Jeff !!!
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 17, 2017, 3:08pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Civvy at last
I read for the first time that one of the objections from defatarse is he is concerned it might affect expansion of the cemetery. This is projected for FORTY years time.
Unbelievable Jeff !!!

in 40 years time people might not even get buried in cemetaries, might sound silly but rising populations, demand for space and rising costs, while there are falling religious conotations to the whole thing, alot of people not being that bothered about that sort of thing, there might be all sorts of alternatives. I'll have my ashes spread on the fentydome pitch, there problem solved.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 17, 2017, 3:55pm; Reply: 7
Not that I could afford one,

BUT

Will there be any private boxes in the new stadium ?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 17, 2017, 6:01pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from grimsby pete
Not that I could afford one,

BUT

Will there be any private boxes in the new stadium ?

Yes. Under the pitch. Made out of various types of wood. Some of them will have fancy brass handles. When they run out of space in the cemetery that is. The council will be digging catacombs.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 17, 2017, 7:29pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Yes. Under the pitch. Made out of various types of wood. Some of them will have fancy brass handles. When they run out of space in the cemetery that is. The council will be digging catacombs.

I might be able to afford one of those then. ;D
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 17, 2017, 11:11pm; Reply: 10

in 40 years time people might not even get buried in cemetaries, might sound silly but rising populations, demand for space and rising costs, while there are falling religious conotations to the whole thing, alot of people not being that bothered about that sort of thing, there might be all sorts of alternatives. I'll have my ashes spread on the fentydome pitch, there problem solved.

I agree with the above because more and more people are opting for Cremation, with costs being the main driving force behind the change.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 17, 2017, 11:14pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from grimsby pete

I might be able to afford one of those then. ;D

The generation after that might be able to afford to live in them.
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 10:05pm