Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 16, 2017, 11:25pm
Me and two others.
Posted by: RichMariner, May 17, 2017, 1:38pm; Reply: 1
I'd have liked to have gone - and did think about it - but in the end it cost too much.

Hope they defy the odds and turn South Shields over!

Am I right in thinking the game will be on BT Sport?
Posted by: Perkins, May 17, 2017, 1:44pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from RichMariner
I'd have liked to have gone - and did think about it - but in the end it cost too much.

Hope they defy the odds and turn South Shields over!

Am I right in thinking the game will be on BT Sport?

Yes it's on BT Sport

Posted by: chelseacity, May 17, 2017, 5:20pm; Reply: 3
GTFC season ticket holder, i will be there with my brother supporting CleethorpesTown FC on Sunday, sold 3,600 which is the same as FGR sold.
Posted by: SteffiMariner, May 17, 2017, 6:09pm; Reply: 4
I don't get why Town fans are going, to me it's the same as Lincoln or Scunny going to wembley.
Posted by: Cloudy, May 17, 2017, 6:15pm; Reply: 5
I can't go as I have some family things on but really hope they win and I hope to watch it on TV
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, May 17, 2017, 6:25pm; Reply: 6
Me and the other half going.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 17, 2017, 6:51pm; Reply: 7

I won't be there at Wembley but will definitely be supporting them on BT Sport.

They've already done my home town of Cleethorpes proud but a win would be the icing on the cake.........UTM
Posted by: totalidiot, May 17, 2017, 7:39pm; Reply: 8
steffimariner,you are rather strange...how on earth is it like scunny or lincoln going to wembley!! these are local lads,ex town players and grimsby fans and why should grimsby fans not support their own towns football team
Posted by: SteffiMariner, May 17, 2017, 8:21pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from totalidiot
steffimariner,you are rather strange...how on earth is it like scunny or lincoln going to wembley!! these are local lads,ex town players and grimsby fans and why should grimsby fans not support their own towns football team

It's a completely different football team. I can't see the difference to it being like Liverpool and Everton or Manchester City and Manchester United. They are two completely different setups. You also have the ironical case of fans not supporting B teams but happy to support another team.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 17, 2017, 8:35pm; Reply: 10

Forgot to say ...

Grimsby Borough would also get my backing if they were the local team that had reached Wembley.

Why wouldn't you ?..............UTM
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 17, 2017, 8:47pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from SteffiMariner
I don't get why Town fans are going, to me it's the same as Lincoln or Scunny going to wembley.

I think if only people actually born in Gy supported Town attendances would be a whole lot lower. Had Cleethorpes FC been a similar size to Town I know who I'd be supporting.

But I guess I'm just a glory hunter 😉
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 17, 2017, 10:48pm; Reply: 12
I won't be going but will be crossing toes and fingers hoping they pull off a great win. As a club they have come so far in such a short time and fully deserve praise. Hopefully in the future they could be a feeder club for us because as we know there are some real gems in non league football.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 17, 2017, 11:05pm; Reply: 13

It's a completely different football team. I can't see the difference to it being like Liverpool and Everton or Manchester City and Manchester United. They are two completely different setups. You also have the ironical case of fans not supporting B teams but happy to support another team.

So if they are completely different teams, how can it be like supporting B teams?

Anyway, where in the Football bible does it say, 'Thou shalt not be a well-wisher upon thy neighbour, yea even unto those that be but minnows in the shallows, those that lieth in the shadows of thy One True Club, for thou shall be likened unto the Hunters of Glory and other beasts of the field.'
Posted by: Patto1965, May 18, 2017, 2:22pm; Reply: 14

(lol)(lol)(lol) Some people!!!

I'd like to thank all the town fans that are supporting us, it really is appreciated and I'm sure the lads will not let anyone down.

Patto
Chairman
Posted by: Hagrid, May 18, 2017, 2:30pm; Reply: 15
i'll be there!
Posted by: ginnywings, May 18, 2017, 7:37pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Patto1965

(lol)(lol)(lol) Some people!!!

I'd like to thank all the town fans that are supporting us, it really is appreciated and I'm sure the lads will not let anyone down.

Patto
Chairman

Best of luck to you Patto. I won't be going as i can't get into games that have no emotional attachment for me, but i hope you stuff the Geordie wannabees.
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 5:51am