Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: kingster72, May 12, 2017, 7:46am
Jamie Ness was Russell Slades first signing at Leyton Orient, just released by Scunny, a suggestion on Twitter he could be coming here?
Apparently rated, but has had injuries.
Posted by: Superdan147, May 12, 2017, 8:11am; Reply: 1
Could be a great signing but doubtful IMO.

1/ would he want to drop into league two, he's done well at league one level so could easily have suitors at the level.

2/ yes he's played under slade, but only a few starts so I wonder if sladey rated him or was this just down to being a little injury prone

3/ he's a central midfielder, 1 position in which we are already very heavy in numbers.

Certainly a good shout but I'd be a little surprised.
Posted by: Garth, May 12, 2017, 8:30am; Reply: 2
Doubt we would add another midfielder too many at the moment, certainly not an improvement on Dis so whats the point,  we need a keeper striker and a pacey centre back plus a play maker and two wingers
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 12, 2017, 9:07am; Reply: 3
Lot of linking of players who have previously played for Slade but has he got that much of a history of going back for players he's previously worked with?

From his first spell I can only really remember him signing Clint Marcelle as someone he worked with previous.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, May 12, 2017, 9:09am; Reply: 4
Quoted from diehardmariner
Lot of linking of players who have previously played for Slade but has he got that much of a history of going back for players he's previously worked with?

From his first spell I can only really remember him signing Clint Marcelle as someone he worked with previous.

You forgot the invisible man, Glen Downey!
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 12, 2017, 9:19am; Reply: 5
;D

How could I!!!
Posted by: mariner91, May 12, 2017, 9:24am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Garth
Doubt we would add another midfielder too many at the moment, certainly not an improvement on Dis so whats the point,  we need a keeper striker and a pacey centre back plus a play maker and two wingers

How do you know he isn't an improvement on Dis?  ;D
Posted by: Abdul19, May 12, 2017, 9:37am; Reply: 7
Quoted from jamesgtfc

You forgot the invisible man, Glen Downey!

And the getaway man, Ashley Sestanovich!
Posted by: ginnywings, May 12, 2017, 9:37am; Reply: 8
Quoted from mariner91

Indeed. I thought the same.
Posted by: Mariner93er, May 12, 2017, 9:57am; Reply: 9
This is going to become an annoying thing were ever central midfielder we sign for the next few years will be compared to dis, even when they're clearly a better player.
Posted by: Chips44, May 12, 2017, 10:18am; Reply: 10
Quote from the Scunny forum by Bishops Finger.

Has Ness?

Ever assisted a goal with a through ball? He is OK passing side to side but passing forward is always over hit and usually either straight out of play/ back to their keeper.

Truly diabolical
Posted by: Mariner_501, May 12, 2017, 10:42am; Reply: 11
Would love to know what logic has been used to come to the conclusion that Ness is certainly not an improvement on Diz. Absolutely nothing points to that
Posted by: Codswede, May 12, 2017, 10:48am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Mariner_501
Would love to know what logic has been used to come to the conclusion that Ness is certainly not an improvement on Diz. Absolutely nothing points to that

Probably because he doesn't have a 3 fish tattoo.
Posted by: sam gy, May 12, 2017, 11:19am; Reply: 13
Slade will want to bring his own CMs in, even though we have a fair few there already. I don't know anything about this Ness guy, and i doubt he'll come, but he's been playing in League One for the last few seasons and Diz has been playing in the Conference.

I love Diz, but we need to move on. It's getting a bit embarrassing.

Personally looking forward to seeing if Clifton gets a chance. Seems he did well at Grantham, and going from the pics at the POTY ceremony, has really filled out compared to Venney and Wright.
Posted by: golfer, May 12, 2017, 2:07pm; Reply: 14
I think that if all those we have offered contracts to, sign, then the main positions we need to sign are 2 wingers and a striker-pay some money for them if we have any left  [ sounds daft but 2 good players on £5k a week would surely put 1000 on home gates if we were successful therefore costing nought--am I being silly as usual ?
Posted by: Garth, May 12, 2017, 2:24pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from mariner91

How do you know he is! spent most of his time injured, at least Dis was always available, the last Scunthorpe midfielder signing is still to make an impact after a long injury, we are not running a rehabilitation centre
Posted by: mariner91, May 12, 2017, 2:33pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Garth

How do you know he is! spent most of his time injured, at least Dis was always available, the last Scunthorpe midfielder signing is still to make an impact after a long injury, we are not running a rehabilitation centre

I didn't say he was. But I'd bet you've never seen him play so  I don't think you can say he wouldn't be.
Posted by: Garth, May 12, 2017, 2:37pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from mariner91

I didn't say he was. But I'd bet you've never seen him play so  I don't think you can say he wouldn't be.

True ;)
Posted by: Mariner_09, May 12, 2017, 4:35pm; Reply: 18
I must say I didn't notice him in the play off game.

Having said that, he'd probably be more effective in a team lower down the leagues. I'd imagine he'd get a league 1 club though.

We need a more combative midfielder IMO, Osborne and Clements are good footballers but we need someone else with some bite and brutality in the centre of the park for me.
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, May 12, 2017, 4:59pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Mariner_09
I must say I didn't notice him in the play off game.

Having said that, he'd probably be more effective in a team lower down the leagues. I'd imagine he'd get a league 1 club though.

We need a more combative midfielder IMO, Osborne and Clements are good footballers but we need someone else with some bite and brutality in the centre of the park for me.

McAllister? Providing he stays fit of course.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 12, 2017, 6:18pm; Reply: 20
Why not let the manager decide? Berrett already looks better under Slade than he did under Urst and Bignot, Ness played for him in a very good Orient team
Posted by: acko338, May 12, 2017, 8:27pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from golfer
I think that if all those we have offered contracts to, sign, then the main positions we need to sign are 2 wingers and a striker-pay some money for them if we have any left  [ sounds daft but 2 good players on £5k a week would surely put 1000 on home gates if we were successful therefore costing nought--am I being silly as usual ?

Squad of 22 / 23 with up to 4 stars on high wages = splits in the team spirit - is that werth it??
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 12:32am