Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: marinerrick, May 7, 2017, 11:35am
anybody know when season tickets and new shirts go in sale.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 7, 2017, 11:43am; Reply: 1
Well that will open a can of worms.  ;)
Posted by: Cloudy, May 7, 2017, 11:51am; Reply: 2
June and July respectively I'd imagine, just like every other year
Posted by: MidnightMariner, May 7, 2017, 12:48pm; Reply: 3
Have you tried emailing the trust? 😉
UTM
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 7, 2017, 1:14pm; Reply: 4
I was wondering when someone would bring up season tickets, it seems an age since we last discussed them.
Posted by: Mendonca1995, May 7, 2017, 2:34pm; Reply: 5
June for the season tickets
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 7, 2017, 2:55pm; Reply: 6
Are we having a new shirt? I noticed that the home shirts did not go into the sale, now that we are back in the EFL does the 2 year style change rule apply?
Posted by: Davec, May 7, 2017, 3:22pm; Reply: 7
Season tickets will be on sale 1st August, but they won't be available for collection until the day before the first home game of the season ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 7, 2017, 3:51pm; Reply: 8
Season Tickets will be on sale as soon as we sign someone.
Posted by: bluerose13x, May 7, 2017, 5:42pm; Reply: 9
Last season no ticket books until later on in the pre season. Return trip needed to pick up what I'd paid for. Didn't even tell me the books were not here until after payment and filled out the books etc. So left disappointed I hadn't received what I paid for.

Season before that, no ticket book for me, "awaiting another print run". Went back on specified day to pick book up. "oh no you wasn't told the book would be available today...." the 1st sentence out of the staff members mouth was, walking away across the office during that opening sentence of hers, "...the date you where given was x". Went back on day x. No books. Come back in a few days, don't know when they'll be here. Got book on 4th trip.

3rd year lucky. Not counting on it.
Posted by: mariner tommy, May 7, 2017, 6:49pm; Reply: 10
Every season I go for mine and my Sons season tickets the day after they go on sale, and every season, for as long as I can remember, they've always had them apart from last season when we had to wait a few weeks.
But went in again on the day they specified and they were there.
You must just be unlucky !

UTM
Posted by: LH, May 7, 2017, 6:52pm; Reply: 11
Does it actually matter if you had it for the first game of the season? Do you have to carry your season ticket around 24/7 to prove you're actually a Town fan or are people just whinging for whingings sake (same with trust membership cards...)?
Posted by: bigdavemariner, May 7, 2017, 6:53pm; Reply: 12
Thought I'd read somewhere that Youngs weren't going to be sponsoring this year and we were moving away from errea as well? Nothing confirmed of course
Posted by: Hagrid, May 7, 2017, 6:58pm; Reply: 13
Hope we get those little voucher things back
Posted by: OllieGTFC, May 7, 2017, 8:07pm; Reply: 14
Has anyone else thought about changing the stripes ? Keep black and white but change the design of the shirt
Posted by: headingly_mariner, May 7, 2017, 8:18pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Has anyone else thought about changing the stripes ? Keep black and white but change the design of the shirt

No
Posted by: mariner83, May 7, 2017, 8:21pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from OllieGTFC

Nope.
Posted by: Kris2, May 7, 2017, 8:34pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from OllieGTFC

We did that one season didn't we? It was like half and half or near to it and everyone hated it and raged so no we won't be doing that. Town play in black and white stripes and will always play in black and white stripes.

Can save experimental stuff for away shirts and goalkeeper tops.
Posted by: mariner83, May 7, 2017, 8:38pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Kris2

We did that one season didn't we? It was like half and half or near to it and everyone hated it and raged so no we won't be doing that. Town play in black and white strikes and will always play in black and white stripes.

Can save experimental stuff for away shirts and goalkeeper tops.

[url=https://postimg.org/image/ex1l4y2u7/][img]https://s3.postimg.org/cfptxoixv/04543_grimsby_nike_009_2006-07_zpsfoclkvgk.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://postimage.io/]image hosting 30 mb[/url][url=https://certificity.com]certificity.com[/url]
Posted by: Mendonca1995, May 7, 2017, 8:45pm; Reply: 19
Urrrrgh hated that kit !!!
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 7, 2017, 9:26pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from OllieGTFC

We could try changing the white stripes to black and the black to white.
Posted by: Posh Harry, May 7, 2017, 9:29pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from OllieGTFC

Madness, utter utter madness.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, May 7, 2017, 9:30pm; Reply: 22
I mean like to me every kit seems the same every year, why not change it around a little like Southampton do and Newcastle
Posted by: LH, May 7, 2017, 9:36pm; Reply: 23
This is nothing. I remember reading someone on that Facebook group say that black and white are boring colours and that we should change to red or blue. You know - like most other clubs in this country?

Black and white stripes with black shorts and red socks IS Grimsby Town. No other professional club plays in that strip in this country. There is plenty you can do with the kit anyway although I'd prefer all white sleeves and a stripey back if possible.
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, May 7, 2017, 9:38pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from OllieGTFC

[img]http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/no/john-cleese-no.gif[/img]
Posted by: ginnywings, May 7, 2017, 9:44pm; Reply: 25
Black and white is the new white and black, so we are on trend.  ::)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 7, 2017, 9:51pm; Reply: 26
The only change of shirt colour I would have given the thumbs up is the old kit we had before B&W stripes - only for the centenary season of the colour change.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, May 7, 2017, 10:14pm; Reply: 27
If we're not getting a new kit, can we at least all agree that the club should retire the awful drab grey away kit?  Can't for the life of me see what it brought in terms of aesthetic or identity.

Other than that, the only stipulations I'd make would be:

-  White sleeves on the home shirt
-  Stripes on the back rather than a block colour
-  White panel on the back, with red numbers

and last but my no means least:

-  NO FLUORESCENT KITS (a dreadful trend we shouldn't be part of)
Posted by: moosey_club, May 7, 2017, 10:22pm; Reply: 28
brown and blue quarters as the away shirt as a nod back to our early years.....or even the pink one...

http://historicalkits.co.uk/Grimsby_Town/Grimsby_Town.htm

Posted by: AussieMariner, May 7, 2017, 11:36pm; Reply: 29
Gotta say I hate the horizontal stripes at the bottom of the current shirt - make every player look like they've got a beer gut - not to mention the fans!
Quite like the 2011-12 shirt - still b&w stripes but that extra bit of red just adds a bit of aggression.
Posted by: H19P1, May 8, 2017, 5:35am; Reply: 30
I like blue crest 1987 with the number on the shorts. Hope we have a shortlist if designs to vote on and see the winning kit be manufactured.
Posted by: topuphere666, May 8, 2017, 11:08am; Reply: 31
Quoted from AussieMariner
Gotta say I hate the horizontal stripes at the bottom of the current shirt - make every player look like they've got a beer gut - not to mention the fans!
Quite like the 2011-12 shirt - still b&w stripes but that extra bit of red just adds a bit of aggression.

Good job we never signed Rhead as rumoured or Parkin/mcnulty
Posted by: Mariner_09, May 8, 2017, 11:30am; Reply: 32
We did sign Gunning though!
Posted by: Paris Mariner, May 8, 2017, 12:29pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
If we're not getting a new kit, can we at least all agree that the club should retire the awful drab grey away kit?  Can't for the life of me see what it brought in terms of aesthetic or identity.

Other than that, the only stipulations I'd make would be:

-  White sleeves on the home shirt
-  Stripes on the back rather than a block colour
-  White panel on the back, with red numbers

and last but my no means least:

-  NO FLUORESCENT KITS (a dreadful trend we shouldn't be part of)

The panel is a league rule these days anyway for clarity. Probably a reason why most manufacturers don't bother with stripes on the back - it's probably easier and cheaper to make.

Posted by: LH, May 8, 2017, 1:39pm; Reply: 34
Notts and Newcastle had striped backs this season.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, May 8, 2017, 2:06pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from LH
Notts and Newcastle had striped backs this season.

I stand corrected. I thought I'd seen that somewhere. Maybe it was a non-league thing.
Posted by: LH, May 8, 2017, 7:04pm; Reply: 36
I think it is/was a rule in European competition. Seem to remember Barca having 'two' kits one year.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, May 8, 2017, 7:24pm; Reply: 37
I believe that names and numbers have to be clearly visible and given you now have a name as well as a number, it's easier for most manufacturers to just make the number panel extra big to make sure.  More to do with interpretation and ease of design/manufacture.

Much as I loved white numbers on black (the Lotto 1996-97 "Juve" Town shirt being the pinnacle of the genre), I would like to see us back with red numbers on a white background!
Posted by: LH, May 8, 2017, 7:26pm; Reply: 38
We had red on white at Wembley in 98. That's the only argument needed really.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 10, 2017, 3:09pm; Reply: 39
Just been announced that season ticket info will be released this week.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, May 10, 2017, 3:20pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from ginnywings
Just been announced that season ticket info will be released this week.
[tweet]862308128674775045[/tweet]
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 10, 2017, 6:16pm; Reply: 41
I quite like errea as our manufacturers, we've had mostly good kits from them, 11-12 was one that was a bit experimental but looked good and not offensive. Just don't want nike and their incredibly overpaid designers
Posted by: wycombemariner, May 10, 2017, 9:07pm; Reply: 42
White with black pinstripes
93/94
Posted by: marinerrick, May 10, 2017, 9:20pm; Reply: 43
I quite liked the red and blue striped Europe's food town away shirt prob around 1995 season
Posted by: Jaws, May 10, 2017, 9:32pm; Reply: 44
I quite like errea as our manufacturers, we've had mostly good kits from them, 11-12 was one that was a bit experimental but looked good and not offensive. Just don't want nike and their incredibly overpaid designers

Nike recycle the same kit amongst the big teams. If we were ever to go back with them we could probably guess the kit right now.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 10, 2017, 10:06pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Jaws

Nike recycle the same kit amongst the big teams. If we were ever to go back with them we could probably guess the kit right now.

Not just that but their kits just get more and more unbeleivably plain, its like theyre genuinely seeing what they can get away with and laughing all the way to the bank. Alot less clubs seem to have nike kits these days, wonder if they all got sick of the templates.
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 4:25am