Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, April 30, 2017, 8:06pm
Just curious what happens to people who are hauled out of a ground for minor "offences" like stepping onto the outside of the pitch, such as after our goal yesterday? I assume they don't end up in court and subject to fines/banning orders but are they even handed over to the police? Do they just get kicked out and deposited outside the ground? Or are they held until after the match is finished? It seems a very stupid act to risk expulsion and banning by jumping over the barrier, even though quite often you see stewards turn a blind eye to it.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 30, 2017, 8:22pm; Reply: 1
Possibly they are given a very severe and appropriate punishment - taken back in the ground and made to watch the rest of Town's dire performance yesterday.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 30, 2017, 9:12pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Possibly they are given a very severe and appropriate punishment - taken back in the ground and made to watch the rest of Town's dire performance yesterday.

Love it...........!

My lad got thrown out at Cheltenham last season not for going on the pitch but from what we can only say was a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time (going for a p1ss) or mistaken identity. He did nothing wrong other than walk across a coppers eye line, I know this as I was about 15 yards behind him at the time.

What happened next? Two of them bent his arm up his back spoke to him like scum then proceeded to read him his rights, thankfully another Town fan who was a pensioner and for some reason was outside the ground just before half time calmed the coppers down as they where clearly determined to "take a scalp". That's a scalp from a 17 year old apprentice chef in a top West End hotel not Cass Pennant.    
Posted by: Rhys_Mariners, April 30, 2017, 10:02pm; Reply: 3
One of my work mates who doesn't support town came along with me to derby away. He set off a flare he had left from the euros and was ejected in the first min. He spent the game in a cell but was allowed out after full time
Posted by: golfer, May 1, 2017, 9:02am; Reply: 4
These are the type of troublemakers who want an example being made of
Posted by: Kristine, May 1, 2017, 11:43am; Reply: 5
Depends what you've done or alleged to have done.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 1, 2017, 12:31pm; Reply: 6
What happens after you get thrown out a ground?

Depends entirely on which part of your anatomy hits the ground first.
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 1, 2017, 2:32pm; Reply: 7
It depends on how big your beachball was. Or how many stewards you hospitalised with a two foot inflatable shark 😉
Posted by: jock dock tower, May 1, 2017, 6:25pm; Reply: 8
I got arrested at Rochdale in the 1972-3 season, allegedly for football violence. Anyone who knows me knows that's ridiculous, I don't like pain so I've never indulged in that side of football things. A policeman dragged me out, over the fence, and around the pitch to take me behind the main stand where I was taken into some kind of holding shed for the police. I got a slapping in there from three or four of them, and was arrested, but they deliberately didn't let me out until the Town coaches had gone. Arrived home about 5am Sunday with parents worried witless as to where I was.

Parents got me a solicitor and I duly arrived for trial in the court at Rochdale. The policeman who arretsed me was slaughtered by the solictor who picked his story apart piece by piece and rubbished it. The most memorable bit of the proceedings though waas whn he asked him if he took the easy route out by arresting someone innocent rather than wading into where there were a few Rochdale skins looking for some fun with the Town contingent. "No" he replied only to be met with hoots of laughter and shouts of "He always does that"" from the same Rochdale skins who were in the gallery waiting for one of their mates to be tried as well.

Not a pleasant few weeks, and it certainly helped form my view of the police, how they operate, close ranks, and do anything to justify their actions over the last 45 years - something that has not changed to this day.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 3:49pm