Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Cloudy, April 24, 2017, 8:10pm
Seems a few have been released today. I know Jack Keeble has got a pro deal but not sure of others
Posted by: MrFisherman, April 24, 2017, 8:12pm; Reply: 1
[tweet][/tweet] https://twitter.com/O_HeathDrury1/status/856583549885046785
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, April 24, 2017, 8:48pm; Reply: 2
I think they will do well to listen to Shaun Pearson and his career path to league football. Not getting a pro deal doesn't have to be the end of their football career.
Posted by: Mariner_09, April 24, 2017, 9:17pm; Reply: 3
Do when know when the club will announce when it's the full time pros decision day?
Posted by: pizzzza, April 24, 2017, 9:20pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Mariner_09
Do when know when the club will announce when it's the full time pros decision day?

Will most likely be the Monday/Tuesday after the Plymouth game.
Posted by: HotToddy, April 24, 2017, 9:38pm; Reply: 5
Keeble and Sawyer have got pro deals. Anyone seen them play?

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/yt-duo-have-been-handed-their-first-professional-contracts-3691405.aspx
Posted by: diehardmariner, April 25, 2017, 12:16pm; Reply: 6
Saw Sawyer in a few youth games earlier in the season.  Keeble I don't recall seeing but that's not to say he didn't play.

Striking impression of the games I watched was that Town were phyiscally dominated by their opposition.  It seemed as if we had lads who were at least a year younger than the opposition.  I'm not sure if that's the case or more that the other teams have that traditional English approach of physical attributes over everything else.  Once Town managed to avoid a physical battle and play the ball on the ground, they were by far the better team - it's just getting to that stage.  I think it was against Doncaster where Town were soon a couple of goals back, managed to make it a footballing game and got back into the game before Donny just returned to a more physical approach and battered us.

Sawyer was one player who stood out because he wasn't physically dominated but also showed he's a very capable footballer too.  He played a withdrawn midfield role, neither a screener of the back four nor a deep lying playmaker, I guess sort of a mix of both.

Another lad who impressed me for the youth team and seemed to heavily involved with the reserve games is Cameron Hough who is a centre back, I think he was captain of the youth team and the only thing I can think why he didn't get a deal is that he arguably lacked a yard of pace.
Posted by: oldun, April 25, 2017, 2:00pm; Reply: 7
Oakley Heath-Drury looked a decent young keeper, but maybe not ready for first team action. However it suggests to me that a new Keeper to challenge/ take over from Macca will be coming in. Whilst on the subject,  I am left wondering about Andy Warrington, I know he does a few things but I cannot see how Macca has improved in the last couple of season. Stagnated since Steve Croudson left I feel.
Posted by: Newmarinerfan, April 25, 2017, 2:11pm; Reply: 8
Danny Andrew and Jack Keeble are both Holbeach Utd Youth players making the grade, good news
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 2:37am