Have u seen this??
Posted by: MidnightMariner, April 23, 2017, 9:25pm; Reply: 1
Grimsbyitis outbreak again !
Looking forward to our 6pts again
UTM
Posted by: mr b, April 23, 2017, 9:26pm; Reply: 2
W4NKERS !
Posted by: mariner83, April 23, 2017, 9:29pm; Reply: 3
Can't  be arsed to watch it, assume Arnold & Wood aren't there/ joining in?
Posted by: Hagrid, April 23, 2017, 9:29pm; Reply: 4
Dont get it? Just enjoy the moment, they are completely obsessed with us!
Posted by: Mariner_09, April 23, 2017, 9:32pm; Reply: 5
In his heart of hearts, Arnold wanted to sign for us and still wants to be with us but if you're offered £200 a week more you'd be mad to not accept it.
Posted by: mariner83, April 23, 2017, 9:35pm; Reply: 6
Can't blame him at all, most people would do the same in that situation.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 23, 2017, 9:39pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from MrFisherman

Aw, bless. So sweet to be thinking of us in their moment of triumph.
Posted by: Mariner_09, April 23, 2017, 9:50pm; Reply: 8
We should take it as a compliment, they've gone out of their way to make us bite at their petty bate. They know they've spent the previous 100 odd years looking up to us bar one season.
Posted by: Civvy at last, April 23, 2017, 10:20pm; Reply: 9
I wonder how many of those chumps will actually turn up at BP next season ?
Wrong type of leafs on the road etc etc etc.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, April 23, 2017, 10:34pm; Reply: 10
Haha idiots, wait no Arnold there ? Heard he had a bug very poorly with GRIMSBYITIS I believe no cure for it apparently 😏
Posted by: Mariner93er, April 23, 2017, 10:40pm; Reply: 11
Was the Cowley on the far left or am I going crazy.
Posted by: sapper mariner, April 23, 2017, 10:44pm; Reply: 12
they made more noise there then at BP
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 23, 2017, 10:45pm; Reply: 13
No team talk needed for Russ when we play them next season. As Moosey said you can take a club out of tin pot etc. etc!
Posted by: nightrider, April 23, 2017, 10:46pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from sapper mariner
they made more noise there then at BP

Probably cos there was twice as many there  ;D
Posted by: RoboCod, April 23, 2017, 10:50pm; Reply: 15
Won't take long for the hate to turn on Alan Power, the 'wage stealer' as labelled by Gimps very own fans for the last couple of years, as he struggles around the pitches of League 2.I don't see half of their squad surviving the post season cull.
And that's going on what I hear from their own fans here in Lincoln.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 23, 2017, 10:51pm; Reply: 16

Most on the Lincoln forum are getting carried away with their way above average gates for them ( champions FFS )

But to be fair, one fan on their forum lives in the real world.......quote

I think we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves. This has been a promotion year and I fully expect our gate to drop back to around 5000 or so once the euphoria dies down. After all 17 of the 24 clubs in League 2 have average attendance of less than 5000. Some a lot less. The big challenge will be the long awaited return of the derby against Grimsby. That is likely to be a sell out.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 23, 2017, 10:55pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from promotion plaice

Most on the Lincoln forum are getting carried away with their way above average gates for them ( champions FFS )

But to be fair, one fan on their forum lives in the real world.......quote

I think we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves. This has been a promotion year and I fully expect our gate to drop back to around 5000 or so once the euphoria dies down. After all 17 of the 24 clubs in League 2 have average attendance of less than 5000. Some a lot less. The big challenge will be the long awaited return of the derby against Grimsby. That is likely to be a sell out.

Fukin help PP you managed to find the one who's looking after their brain cell this week!

Posted by: moosey_club, April 23, 2017, 11:14pm; Reply: 18
We will see...for the moment they are on the up, we are in transition....less than 4000 home fans at BP yesterday.......they have had bigger gates than us since  December and have a bigger capacity which means better income...i can see them overtaking us next season unfortunately...dont want them to... but 10,000 in the conference is an impressive figure.
They may have had 3000 ish right up until December but something has clicked there, the cup run has ignited the support and if they capture that quickly they may well have a larger ST holding than us to start with.

Remember the Target 3000 campaign we launched after returning to the football League ?  All those initiatives, incentives and inventive advertising ideas that ....that....errr...failed to materialise, failed to capitalise on the play off victory and failed to achieve 3000?  I bet they dont make the same mistake.

Could well be humble pie for us next season when it comes to the Gimps.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 23, 2017, 11:24pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from moosey_club
We will see...for the moment they are on the up, we are in transition....less than 4000 home fans at BP yesterday.......they have had bigger gates than us since  December and have a bigger capacity which means better income...i can see them overtaking us next season unfortunately...dont want them to... but 10,000 in the conference is an impressive figure.
They may have had 3000 ish right up until December but something has clicked there, the cup run has ignited the support and if they capture that quickly they may well have a larger ST holding than us to start with.

Remember the Target 3000 campaign we launched after returning to the football League ?  All those initiatives, incentives and inventive advertising ideas that ....that....errr...failed to materialise, failed to capitalise on the play off victory and failed to achieve 3000?  I bet they dont make the same mistake.

Probably correct in terms of the numbers and position Moosey. But they still seem to define themselves as 'Not Grimsby' or the 'anti-Grimsby'. Sounds to me like they are still in out shadow.
Posted by: moosey_club, April 23, 2017, 11:31pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Probably correct in terms of the numbers and position Moosey. But they still seem to define themselves as 'Not Grimsby' or the 'anti-Grimsby'. Sounds to me like they are still in out shadow.

mentally they probably are....historically they are...
Posted by: mariner83, April 24, 2017, 8:18am; Reply: 21
4000 for a "nothing" match. Not bad really.
Posted by: chicaneuk, April 24, 2017, 10:34am; Reply: 22
Quoted from moosey_club

Don't know why people downvote you, purely for looking at something in a logical way based on the information available JUST because it's unpopular opinion. Lincoln have absolutely dominated in this season and honestly I'm no rush to face them next season.. I worry they might give us a pretty hard time unless RS manages to tighten up and work on our squad over the break!
Posted by: oldun, April 24, 2017, 12:09pm; Reply: 23
Fact of football: Winning teams attract higher attendances. So it all comes down to how they get on. I think our gates have been pretty good seeing as how inconsistent we have been, with some poor home results too. The off field issues have maintained an interest in a bizarre sort of way.
Posted by: moosey_club, April 24, 2017, 12:52pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from chicaneuk

Don't know why people downvote you, purely for looking at something in a logical way based on the information available JUST because it's unpopular opinion. Lincoln have absolutely dominated in this season and honestly I'm no rush to face them next season.. I worry they might give us a pretty hard time unless RS manages to tighten up and work on our squad over the break!

With you...i am preparing to take the medicine now so its not such a bitter pill to take when/if/should it happen. Hopefully they will fall flat on their faces, be back to less than 3000 before Christmas and we stick 10 goals past them without reply over the two games and they will then crawl back into the shadows of the big church.
Posted by: thefish, April 24, 2017, 2:56pm; Reply: 25
Just remember that last year Cheltenham won that league at a canter - and look at them now with two games to go...

It isn't a forgone conclusion that they'll carry on their good form!
Posted by: Heisenberg, April 24, 2017, 3:25pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from MrFisherman

I don't get how everyone can see this Tweet, but I can't.  Has the link gone wrong somehow?
Posted by: moosey_club, April 24, 2017, 4:03pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Heisenberg

I don't get how everyone can see this Tweet, but I can't.  Has the link gone wrong somehow?

i am the same...can never see them
Posted by: Civvy at last, April 24, 2017, 4:10pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Heisenberg

Ok. Well basically The op had cornflakes for breakfast. But the milk tasted a bit funny so he had to nip to the shops for some more.  

I feel for you folks not on Facebook/Twitter etc. You miss out on so much  ;)
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 24, 2017, 4:20pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Heisenberg

Apparantly, the person who posted the tweet has now removed it, which is why it doesn't show up now.

Basically it was a group of Lincoln City players singing "We all hate Grimsby, we all hate Grimsby" etc etc.

Can't say I saw Nathan Arnold or Bradley Wood though!  ;)
Posted by: oldun, April 24, 2017, 5:08pm; Reply: 30
Had a long chat with a friend who is a season ticket holder at Lincoln and has supported them for ages. He put a bet on at 16-1 prior to the start of the season that Lincoln would finish top. However he said the cup run took its toll and they have not played well since, scraping home with late winners. He said Nathan had done well and is popular but knackered now. The player he really rates who has been consistently good is Luke Waterfall. The lad Robinson, who they had on loan was a good striker. Apparently Cowley said he would offer all his players apart from loanees, a contract for next season. I don't think that is a wise move. He also said he does not expect the Cowleys to be there for very long.
Posted by: Helgy, April 24, 2017, 5:35pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from oldun
Had a long chat with a friend who is a season ticket holder at Lincoln and has supported them for ages. He put a bet on at 16-1 prior to the start of the season that Lincoln would finish top. However he said the cup run took its toll and they have not played well since, scraping home with late winners. He said Nathan had done well and is popular but knackered now. The player he really rates who has been consistently good is Luke Waterfall. The lad Robinson, who they had on loan was a good striker. Apparently Cowley said he would offer all his players apart from loanees, a contract for next season. I don't think that is a wise move. He also said he does not expect the Cowleys to be there for very long.

Not a bad summary Robinson was an amazing find think he's still top scorer in the FA cup.
Waterfall was solid last season but him and Raggetts have been rocks at the back.
Arnold looked shattered by the last month ,start of the season he was on fire but playing 65 games takes its toll.
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 24, 2017, 5:40pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Helgy

Not a bad summary Robinson was an amazing find think he's still top scorer in the FA cup.
Waterfall was solid last season but him and Raggetts have been rocks at the back.
Arnold looked shattered by the last month ,start of the season he was on fire but playing 65 games takes its toll.

It's the late night opening at the hairdressers that's done him in.  ;)
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 8:10am