Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: HotToddy, April 23, 2017, 12:41pm
What a brilliant goal BTW. Love the music with it too, very catchy. Anyone know who the song is by?

https://youtu.be/J9Q8u9LxLiQ
Posted by: Tinymariner, April 23, 2017, 12:44pm; Reply: 1
Great goal, song is by Ozzie Osbourne, Dreamer.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 23, 2017, 12:47pm; Reply: 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCCiwPEdEpg
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), April 23, 2017, 12:51pm; Reply: 3
Thank you Thank you Thank you Marcus for Jamie Osbourne.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 23, 2017, 12:57pm; Reply: 4
Great goal that was, the fans in the Lower must have had a great view of that.
Posted by: MarinerRob, April 23, 2017, 1:01pm; Reply: 5
Got to be one of the best individual goal for years. To take the ball from more or less our 18 yard line and score showed great composure and skill. What a player!
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 23, 2017, 1:06pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from cmackenzie4

We had a brilliant view in the Upper.

Fantastic goal and as someone said on here, Osbourne looked to have a bit of pace on him as well.

Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 23, 2017, 1:47pm; Reply: 7
Much like Jones goal at Blackpool but from a little deeper
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 23, 2017, 1:50pm; Reply: 8
Almost Michael Reddyesque!
Posted by: TheGoalKipper, April 23, 2017, 2:17pm; Reply: 9
If RS can get a striker of the same quality i'll be well chuffed
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 23, 2017, 2:38pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from promotion plaice

We had a brilliant view in the Upper.

Fantastic goal and as someone said on here, Osbourne looked to have a bit of pace on him as well.

Same, credit to Jamey in just over 3 months he's adjusted really well to the full time game.
Posted by: Gaffer58, April 23, 2017, 3:55pm; Reply: 11
Good goal but my granny using her Zimmer frame would have been quicker than their defender!
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), April 23, 2017, 4:45pm; Reply: 12
Not bad for your first goal in the Football League, he is one of the reasons I'll be renewing the season ticket.
Posted by: jaygy, April 23, 2017, 4:46pm; Reply: 13
AB and JT both commented before the goal that Osbourne had about 2 yards of quick pace in him and then he went on to do this 😂

Reminds me of one of reddys goals in his goal montage on YouTube if anyone can share it on here?
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), April 23, 2017, 4:55pm; Reply: 14
Remember Peter Bore getting a similar goal, in the Osmond after he was converted to a left back.
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 23, 2017, 4:56pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from jaygy
AB and JT both commented before the goal that Osbourne had about 2 yards of quick pace in him and then he went on to do this 😂

Reminds me of one of reddys goals in his goal montage on YouTube if anyone can share it on here?

[youtube]tEtrfl-HGUA[/youtube]
Posted by: jaygy, April 23, 2017, 5:02pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Les Brechin

[youtube]tEtrfl-HGUA[/youtube]

Magic! Carbon copy of that first goal in the video
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), April 23, 2017, 5:06pm; Reply: 17
Class, probably one of the best players we've had at BP post Buckley.
Posted by: mariner91, April 23, 2017, 5:39pm; Reply: 18
Do we see Osborne as a left sided midfielder going forward? I know he's always been a centre mid before and he isn't the paciest. He definitely needs to be in the side.
Posted by: Mariner_09, April 23, 2017, 5:56pm; Reply: 19
I'd make a point of finding out where Jones and Osborne's best positions are and build the team around that.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 23, 2017, 6:25pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Sure did it looked even better at ground level, as soon as Ozzie cut across the snail into the box only one outcome fantastic goal.
Posted by: Maringer, April 23, 2017, 8:00pm; Reply: 21
Pedant mode on: Bore was converted to right back - he was right footed. I think the goal where he ran the length of the pitch to score might actually have been in the game where he scored a hat-trick from full-back as well! Really sad he couldn't get his head together to be a really good player.

As for Osborne's goal - he went a lot more quickly than I thought he could which bodes well for next season. He's always had a little burst of pace to get past a man but that was something different.

Probably best as an attacking player in a middle three but wouldn't be too bad an option on the wing on that showing.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 23, 2017, 8:34pm; Reply: 22
What the goal and his general play out wide tells us is that he has great balance which helps with ball control when running at players. He also has a great first touch, there was a couple of balls switched to him in the 2nd half which he just brought down, killed and quickly moved forward with, that is the technical ability MB talked about to be fair.

Before this month I thought it was essential that we tried to sign Vose but looking how Jamey is coming on each week Vose would be a luxury as he would be behind Jamey in terms of selection and we could not really accommodate both, or could we.

There are two other things I like, one he has got fitter and is now putting his foot in a bit more and two when he scored yesterday he went straight over to those lads in the ponny which was good to see.    
Posted by: ginnywings, April 23, 2017, 8:46pm; Reply: 23
I reckon he could play wide as you don't need pace so much if you can beat a man as easily as he can. He also has the nous to get his head up and pick someone out in the middle as he showed with Clements goal against Cambridge. Not sure where he will end up in the side though, as i think he has the ability to play several different positions. Very clever player and that goal yesterday got everyone out of their seat, which is what you want to see at a game. Think Jones is equally as good but in a different way. Very strong and direct, plus he just has that knack for scoring. They both put defences on the back foot.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 23, 2017, 9:28pm; Reply: 24
That was an awesome solo goal. To run 3/4 of the length of the pitch or more, and as someone said, have the presence of mind to step to the right across the path of that defender and then place a perfectly weighted pass into the goal, was just quality of another level.
Posted by: sam gy, April 24, 2017, 4:03pm; Reply: 25
He seems to have a knack for getting fouled in the box too. Could see a return of the Jack Lester days for penalties won, if he keeps it up :)
Posted by: TheGoalKipper, April 24, 2017, 4:38pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from sam gy
He seems to have a knack for getting fouled in the box too, it seems. Could see a return of the Jack Lester days for penalties won, if he keeps it up :)

He's sneaky, runs acroos players paths, changes direction quickly before defenders can adjust their run - could give Vardy a few tips. He has a real football brain and like everyone else i'm keeping my fingrtips crossed he will have got over his shin problems and will be fully match fit for next season.

Posted by: grimsby pete, April 24, 2017, 6:39pm; Reply: 27
Great goal from a player that is going places,

Hopefully with us.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 25, 2017, 7:06pm; Reply: 28
Goal of the season?
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, April 25, 2017, 8:38pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from arryarryarry
Goal of the season?

3 of the 4 goals for us could be goals of the season for us. Loads better than Osborne's IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CrvFCYOAMw

Posted by: arryarryarry, April 26, 2017, 3:50am; Reply: 30
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

3 of the 4 goals for us could be goals of the season for us. Loads better than Osborne's IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CrvFCYOAMw

4 goals?

Unlikely to be a player no longer playing for us.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, April 26, 2017, 4:55pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from arryarryarry

4 goals?

Unlikely to be a player no longer playing for us.

Oops 3 out of the 5 goals!
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 7:50pm