Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Bigdog, April 21, 2017, 9:59am
With today’s desperate news that Ugo Ehiogu has died at 44 following a heart attack, the sport he served so well has been plunged into mourning.

Thoughts immediately go out to Ehiogu’s wife Gemma and his family and many friends, who have lost somebody very special, a wonderful man blessed with humility and humour, intelligence and principles.

Only 44. Ehiogu still had so much to give. He enjoyed a fine playing career, representing Aston Villa and Middlesbrough with particular distinction, winning two League Cups, as well as playing for England, and had been earning huge respect within the game as Tottenham Hotspur’s under-23 coach who really improved players through his sessions and astute man-management.

RIP
Posted by: mimma, April 21, 2017, 10:03am; Reply: 1
Ugo Ehiogu collapsed on Spurs training ground and was rushed to hospital.

Sadly he died aged just 44 this morning.

Posted by: Les Brechin, April 21, 2017, 10:11am; Reply: 2
Awful news. I heard that he had been rushed to hospital after collapsing but didn't realise that it was this serious.

RIP Ugo, another one taken far, far too young.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, April 21, 2017, 10:44am; Reply: 3
I know nothing about him other than he was a decent player who has died with so much still to offer at only 44. Condolences to his wife and his son.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, April 21, 2017, 11:04am; Reply: 4
RIP. Perspective and all that!
Posted by: RichMariner, April 21, 2017, 11:21am; Reply: 5
Stood out in my earliest memories because of his name, but ended up standing out as a colossal centre back.

He's one of those former PL players who just went about his business without any fuss. Seemed a really nice guy from what I've been reading - a proper gent.

Thoughts are with his family.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 21, 2017, 12:21pm; Reply: 6
Shocked such a young age,

RIP Ugo
Posted by: gtfc82, April 21, 2017, 1:11pm; Reply: 7
Awful news! RIP
Posted by: Grumps, April 21, 2017, 1:27pm; Reply: 8
Really sad news R.I.P.
Posted by: Abdul19, April 21, 2017, 3:22pm; Reply: 9
RIP Ugo, colossus of a centre back  :(

Would've played for England a lot more had he been playing in another era too IMO
Posted by: mrsd, April 21, 2017, 3:38pm; Reply: 10
RIP far too young
Posted by: Kris2, April 21, 2017, 4:08pm; Reply: 11
44 is no age to die that's really shocking, never the most flashy player in the world  but was a dependable player who got the job done and an incredibly strong wall for opposition players to take on.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 21, 2017, 4:35pm; Reply: 12
Really shocked that so fit an athlete should die at such an early age.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

RIP.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 21, 2017, 9:02pm; Reply: 13
Regardless of your profession nobody should pass away that young especially when you leave behind a relatively young family.

RIP
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 21, 2017, 9:16pm; Reply: 14
Shocked. RIP Ugo.

In my mind he was part of that era when football burgeoned before it became really bloated.
Posted by: fishyfanny, April 22, 2017, 5:56pm; Reply: 15
Very well observed minutes applause today
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 7:23am