Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 14, 2017, 2:04pm
First home game missed this season, Berrett in for Dan Jones, go get'em lads UTM
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 14, 2017, 2:06pm; Reply: 1
It's true according to JT and I thought TOC had just started early as he is on his jollies๐Ÿ˜€
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 14, 2017, 2:15pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from HertsGTFC
It's true according to JT and I thought TOC had just started early as he is on his jollies๐Ÿ˜€

Berrett started games under Dave Moore which leads me to thinking that Mooro picked today's team
Posted by: Hagrid, April 14, 2017, 2:27pm; Reply: 3
I also thought this. Fresh start for him, he's on a 2 year deal
Posted by: Jaws, April 14, 2017, 2:34pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Berrett started games under Dave Moore which leads me to thinking that Mooro picked today's team

To be fair. Mooro has seen the good and bad of 3 managers this season (if you include him in that). His judgement will be better than Slade's. I suspect he's only had 1 maybe 2 training sessions.
Posted by: Mikoo, April 14, 2017, 3:46pm; Reply: 5
This referee is diabolical
Posted by: TAGG, April 14, 2017, 3:49pm; Reply: 6
Thank fook that halfs over.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 14, 2017, 3:51pm; Reply: 7
Least berrets showing some battle
Posted by: gytone, April 14, 2017, 3:51pm; Reply: 8
Scrappy game, shite officials  :-/
Posted by: Spidey, April 14, 2017, 3:56pm; Reply: 9
Nothing spectacular here, Cambridge started off more brightly, then we seemed to get into it 10mins in. Lots of effort from the lads but nothing much coming off. Their big striker looks a handful, Collins got his work cut out there. Hard to tell from up here in the upper Findus but it looked like Sean Derry and RS were having a little argument on the touchline, I think it was because Derry was trying to stop the ball going out of play!
Gotta say the upper Findus fans towards the away end are quite toxic, unlike the Pontoon end where I normally reside!
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 14, 2017, 3:59pm; Reply: 10
Sounds as bad as ever, hope its better on Monday when I go to Cheltenham
Posted by: GtfcGarner, April 14, 2017, 4:03pm; Reply: 11
Not bad at all, town look very very solid. There number 8 Berry looks the standout player but it's going to be a game where a single goal decides it.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 14, 2017, 4:16pm; Reply: 12
Get in!!! - Dyson penalty, 1.0 Town
Posted by: OllieGTFC, April 14, 2017, 4:16pm; Reply: 13
Get in there come on sladey and wilko !!
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, April 14, 2017, 4:20pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Get in there come on sladey and wilko !!

Surely it should be Slado and Wilko if we're doing the "Grimsby O" ending?

Or maybe because only Wilkinson is from here only he gets an O?  How does that work with Corrie/Corro then?

Oh, I don't know.
Posted by: grimps, April 14, 2017, 4:23pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

Surely it should be Slado and Wilko if we're doing the "Grimsby O" ending?

Or maybe because only Wilkinson is from here only he gets an O?  How does that work with Corrie/Corro then?

Oh, I don't know.

Everyone I know calls it Corro
Posted by: jock dock tower, April 14, 2017, 4:24pm; Reply: 16
As it stands at the moment Hartlepool are now in the second automatic relegation spot. If Carlsberg did end of season finishes................
Posted by: Trickytrev, April 14, 2017, 4:25pm; Reply: 17
Today's attendance 5166 (464 away)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 14, 2017, 4:26pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from jock dock tower
As it stands at the moment Hartlepool are now in the second automatic relegation spot. If Carlsberg did end of season finishes................

If Carlsberg did end of season finishes John it would be Cheltenham and Hartlepool relegated.  ;)
Posted by: forza ivano, April 14, 2017, 4:27pm; Reply: 19
Ex loanee Rhys Oates equalise for the poolies
Posted by: AdamHaddock, April 14, 2017, 4:42pm; Reply: 20
2-0
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 14, 2017, 4:43pm; Reply: 21
2.0 Town  (Clements)
Posted by: forza ivano, April 14, 2017, 4:43pm; Reply: 22
Unbelievably torquay take a late lead at Lincoln, but tranmere still drawing 2-2 within aldershot
Posted by: TAGG, April 14, 2017, 4:44pm; Reply: 23
Some player that Osborne ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Posted by: forza ivano, April 14, 2017, 4:47pm; Reply: 24
Always thought that players like berrett, Clements n gunning would thrive if only they had a top class manager........  ;) ;D
Posted by: AdamHaddock, April 14, 2017, 4:48pm; Reply: 25
2-1
Posted by: forza ivano, April 14, 2017, 4:49pm; Reply: 26
And Lincoln equalise.god bbc live is soooo slow
Posted by: Hagrid, April 14, 2017, 4:49pm; Reply: 27
Not sure who at fault but macca and andrew having huge argument
Posted by: jock dock tower, April 14, 2017, 4:51pm; Reply: 28
Hang on in there Town.
Posted by: Kris2, April 14, 2017, 4:51pm; Reply: 29
Lol Cambridge score in the last minute and of course the referee adds as much time as possible. Were there even that many stoppages?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 14, 2017, 4:51pm; Reply: 30
C,Mon Town!!
Posted by: forza ivano, April 14, 2017, 4:53pm; Reply: 31
FFS.lincoln score 2 in 3 minutes.at least we've got a local derby to look forward to next season
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 14, 2017, 4:53pm; Reply: 32
Lincoln take the lead now!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 14, 2017, 4:54pm; Reply: 33
Yes!! Good three points that, we'll done Town, sounded a decent second half.
Posted by: Jaws, April 14, 2017, 4:56pm; Reply: 34
Only Donny & Mansfield above us who have won today. 5 points off the play-offs with 4 games to go. Doesn't sound a lot but there is 7 teams who we need to slip up.

If we had a another day like today.... Who knows?
Posted by: grimps, April 14, 2017, 4:56pm; Reply: 35
Always nice to win at home , I hope its the first of many  8)
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 14, 2017, 4:59pm; Reply: 36
Lets get to the end of season unbeaten and see where we end up. :)
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 14, 2017, 5:03pm; Reply: 37
Well done Town lets make it 3 on the trot Monday  :)
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, April 14, 2017, 5:04pm; Reply: 38
Slade at the end, he was totally loving it haha.  8)
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, April 14, 2017, 5:05pm; Reply: 39
Good second half, great result well done town!
Posted by: forza ivano, April 14, 2017, 5:06pm; Reply: 40
And we get a trip to cov next year.few memories will be rekindled when we go there
Posted by: TheGoalKipper, April 14, 2017, 5:10pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from forza ivano
And we get a trip to cov next year.few memories will be rekindled when we go there

We should get a good attendance that day.

Posted by: HackneyHaddock, April 14, 2017, 5:17pm; Reply: 42
We're five points off the playoffs with four to play.  We clawed back two points today.

In a way, I'm a bit angry that the previous regime gave up on the playoffs so easily and early, and started using the matches as an early pre-season, because all it would have taken would have been to hang on to our leads in the Accrington and Crawley (or any other two) games and we'd be within a point and on a run.
Posted by: grimps, April 14, 2017, 5:21pm; Reply: 43
We're five points off the playoffs with four to play.  We clawed back two points today.

In a way, I'm a bit angry that the previous regime gave up on the playoffs so easily and early, and started using the matches as an early pre-season, because all it would have taken would have been to hang on to our leads in the Accrington and Crawley (or any other two) games and we'd be within a point and on a run.

I was thinking the same ,A couple more wins this season and we'd have been right up there.
Ive said all along this league isn't all that good
Posted by: chicaneuk, April 14, 2017, 5:21pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from forza ivano

As someone who's followed town for about 10 years, and who lives in Coventry, THANK FCUK. I finally get a game right on my doorstep :) I'm sorry for all the Cov fans I know, but chuffed to bits as I've been waiting for us to match leagues for years :)
Posted by: RoboCod, April 14, 2017, 5:31pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from chicaneuk

As someone who's followed town for about 10 years, and who lives in Coventry, THANK FCUK. I finally get a game right on my doorstep :) I'm sorry for all the Cov fans I know, but chuffed to bits as I've been waiting for us to match leagues for years :)

The game at Coventry will probably be the opening game and you'll be in Spain/Greece/wherever   ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 14, 2017, 5:42pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from forza ivano

I don't have many memories to be rekindled about the last time we played there. I must have had one of those viruses that makes you unsteady on your feet, slur your words and gives you a hammering headache the next day.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, April 14, 2017, 5:44pm; Reply: 47
Thoroughly enjoyed the game today, took a bit of a knock with two officials bottling the foul in the first half which would have seen one of their players off, osbourne was class ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ UTM!
Posted by: RoboCod, April 14, 2017, 5:45pm; Reply: 48
Last time I went Tony Rees had one of his psychotic episodes and saw red. :-/
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 14, 2017, 5:47pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from RoboCod

And we had the curse of the ex, with Drinkells scoring.
Posted by: grimps, April 14, 2017, 5:47pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from RoboCod

Yeah we was 3-1 up after the first leg and he got himself sent off after 3 minutes  :-/
Posted by: Spidey, April 14, 2017, 6:11pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Hagrid
Not sure who at fault but macca and andrew having huge argument

They kissed and made up at the final whistle.

Posted by: forza ivano, April 14, 2017, 6:30pm; Reply: 52
Last time I went to cov we went top of the championship with Johnny row an scoring (whatever happened to him?), strachan got sacked and England beat the germans 5-1.those were the days!
Posted by: chicaneuk, April 14, 2017, 6:56pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from RoboCod

The game at Coventry will probably be the opening game and you'll be in Spain/Greece/wherever   ;)

Haha.. that would be about par for the course! I am on holiday in August as well.. I'd be livid if it falls on the weekend I'm away.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 14, 2017, 9:05pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from forza ivano
Last time I went to cov we went top of the championship with Johnny row an scoring (whatever happened to him?), strachan got sacked and England beat the germans 5-1.those were the days!

That was the day we beat Barnsley at home in one of the few 2nd tier games not postponed for the international games. And it was Jevons who scored at Coventry (think Rowan scored the winner v Barnsley).

Strachan was sacked though. ;-)
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, April 14, 2017, 9:57pm; Reply: 55

We are all thinking the same I am sure and I think it was the beginning of the end for Bignot when it was obvious he was not taking reaching the play offs seriously enough.

What was he thinking, and why was he thinking it?? The directors may have said 50 points or thereabouts was their initial aim, but not their sole aim surely?

His team beat Plymouth and Carlisle away, Mansfield at home so he must have known the standard wasn't great in the play off chase, so why give up? Why didn't he play a settled team and go for it? In professional sport winning is everything, so no wonder the players were a bit unnerved.

I still cannot get my head around it. His first major managerial job, in or around the play -offs when he arrived and he didn't seem bothered about reaching them. Almost as if he didn't want success except when, or until all traces of the old regime had been erased.

Only Marcus Bignot will know why he acted as he did, but it will be forever a mystery.  
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 6:22pm