Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Civvy at last, April 11, 2017, 3:33pm
that a couple of players that had been dropped/sent out on loan decided to have a whinge to JF, who promptly sacked MB on the back of it.

Give your head a wobble fella's.

JF does not like admitting he was wrong. By sacking MB he has had to do that.  He certainly stuck by PH for long enough and eventually got the reward it deserved.
As a businessman he will also be well aware that sacking someone at an early stage of their employment does not exactly entice applicants to fill the vacancy.
If RS is (as looks likely) the new manager that would also involve JF having to deal with someone he probably would rather not if circumstances allow.
I have had many a pop at JF in the past. But to me he has swallowed his pride and seems to be really trying to do what is best for G.T.F.C.
I hope this one works out. And I for one will be at BP on Friday fully supporting whoever is in charge and the lads on the pitch.

UP THE FKING MARINERS.
Posted by: moosey_club, April 11, 2017, 4:58pm; Reply: 1
i think if it is Slade then JF just wants to re-employ him so he can then sack him for what happened previously after the play off final.  Expect another press conference scheduled for Thursday  ;)
Posted by: Welwynmariner, April 11, 2017, 5:16pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Civvy at last
that a couple of players that had been dropped/sent out on loan decided to have a whinge to JF, who promptly sacked MB on the back of it.

I would say that it's not insignificant that Disley, Gowling, Ben Davies and Shaun Pearson are all out of contract this summer. At least two had been told they could go? Maybe another of them wasn't keen to stay?

Collins and Andrew were both publicly making questioning noises about contract re-newal. Interesting how they combined for the first goal on Saturday.

And there are a number of loan players on short contracts - Gunning is only here until the summer for example as are Comley, Vose, Maxwell and Dyson.

Maybe someone was concerned about the priority that was being given to some over others? Maybe a couple of people the club really wanted to keep, or maybe their agent said something on their behalf?

Who knows?

Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 11, 2017, 6:09pm; Reply: 3
I am pretty sure Gunning's agent will be a busy boy at the end of the season, I'd be amazed if he got offered something but not surprised to see him with MB again in the future.

Players want to win every game and never understand why the best players aren't selected. Bignot should have recognised that as he is a former pro and leave his tampering until pre season at least.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 11, 2017, 6:24pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Players want to win every game and never understand why the best players aren't selected. Bignot should have recognised that as he is a former pro and leave his tampering until pre season at least.

I agree that's why clubs play about 10 friendly games preseason so the manager can see who is best suited to what position.

Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 11, 2017, 7:38pm; Reply: 5
I don't think that an early sacking is seen thad badly by potential managers.  Hurst lasted a very long time.
Posted by: Stranger in the Park, April 12, 2017, 12:41pm; Reply: 6
Just how many home wins this season? I believe even if Hurst had stayed and our dire home performances were the same ,even he would have been very insecure. I've only been to one away match ,Doncaster, but no one looked any better or even interested in my eyes either. If nothing else JF is an astute businessman and knows when to cut his losses. Right decision in my book and now actually do look forward to a massive improvement.  
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 9:01pm