Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Cloudy, March 28, 2017, 6:49am
Hull City's Under23 game v Milwall was abandoned following a mass brawl in an. 'ill-tempered' game.

Doesn't sound good from any angle but with the Hull coach showing no remorse, he just blames the ref rather than the players, because he is more concerned with making the play offs in the Development League!!

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/hull-city-under-23s-game-with-millwall-abandoned-after-mass-brawl/story-30231685-detail/story.html
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 28, 2017, 8:25am; Reply: 1
Seems a bit petty from the ref. I would be interested to see how many actual physical injuries resulted from this 'mass brawl'. This is footballers we are talking about.
Of course, not having seen it I could be wrong. !!

As regards the ref not controlling it. I have played in quite a few games where lack of control from the ref has lead to stupid challenges. Thus resulting in punches being thrown. But that's non league, I don't expect refs to be able to do it at that level.
Posted by: RoboCod, March 28, 2017, 8:58am; Reply: 2
I'd want to see the whole game to take any view on what's gone and how the ref has handled/mishandled events but I think blaming a poor reffing display on 22 grownups brawling on the halfway line is pushing things.
Posted by: jaygy, March 28, 2017, 10:30am; Reply: 3
Whatever happened to that lad we sold to Hull a few years back? Did he ever make the development squads?
Posted by: Cloudy, March 28, 2017, 11:00am; Reply: 4
Quoted from jaygy
Whatever happened to that lad we sold to Hull a few years back? Did he ever make the development squads?

Jack Barlow played a couple of games for Clee Town but dont know where he is now?
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 28, 2017, 11:27am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Cloudy

Jack Barlow played a couple of games for Clee Town but dont know were he is now?

Not too sure. But I think he may be in Weatherfield at the moment. His Grandad Ken isn't very well  ;)

I know some of you sad fookers will know what I mean  ;D
Posted by: Hagrid, March 28, 2017, 11:41am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Cloudy

Jack Barlow played a couple of games for Clee Town but dont know where he is now?

plays on a monday night at grimsby institute, scored against our team last night

attitude still sucks
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 28, 2017, 11:47am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Hagrid

plays on a monday night at grimsby institute, scored against our team last night

attitude still sucks

Best deal Town ever made £100,000 for a 14 /15 year old,

Or was most of that add ons that we never got ?
Posted by: Cloudy, March 28, 2017, 11:48am; Reply: 8
Quoted from grimsby pete

Best deal Town ever made £100,000 for a 14 /15 year old,

Or was most of that add ons that we never got ?

Seem to think from the accounts we got most/all of that
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 28, 2017, 11:52am; Reply: 9
To be honest it looks like handbags but of course I don't know what led up to it. Clearly some idiots on both sides. There are 4 officials and if they can't sort out what happened and who is to blame then it's a poor do isn't it? The ref should have finished the game asap and then reported both sides for failing to control their players. The FA should then have been able to apply retrospective red/yellow cards from video evidence plus the referee's assessor's report.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 28, 2017, 12:20pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Cloudy

Seem to think from the accounts we got most/all of that

It was the best deal we ever made then Cloudy. :)
Posted by: moosey_club, March 28, 2017, 12:53pm; Reply: 11
I think a total ban on U23 teams playing against grown ups should be introduced next season, clearly they cant control themselves and are a danger to senior pro's in the game.....

..such a shame as i was looking forward to seeing some u23 squads in the Checkatrade Trophy next year but we must take a tough stance on this, otherwise they will never learn.  8)

Posted by: Civvy at last, March 28, 2017, 1:29pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Cloudy
Hull City's Under23 game v Milwall was abandoned following a mass brawl in an. 'ill-tempered' game.

Doesn't sound good from any angle but with the Hull coach showing no remorse, he just blames the ref rather than the players, because he is more concerned with making the play offs in the Development League!!

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/hull-city-under-23s-game-with-millwall-abandoned-after-mass-brawl/story-30231685-detail/story.html

Just seen the 'mass brawl' on sky sports news.
I'm guessing the local ambulance service and A&E will have been overwhelmed 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜👜
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 11:56pm