Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 18, 2017, 9:42pm
Today we put pay to any vaguely optimistic hope of scraping 7th place and getting into the play offs. We also started with three loan players and one on the bench all of whom have added something during their time with the club but I imagine will not be here next season..

So with 8 games to go do we start to edge them out and pick "signed" players ideally in their natural position who will be with us next term as it might help momentum for next season.  

This came up in the car on the way home and completely divided opinion.
Posted by: Tommy, March 18, 2017, 9:53pm; Reply: 1
I think there's definitely an argument for this.

However,

1) there are people we'll no doubt want to sign for next season (Andrew, Collins, Pearson) who we probably won't know if they'll stay or not until the summer.

2) it's still a results game even if we can't achieve anything now. MB won't want to lose the last 7/8 games of the season for the sake of playing players that are contracted here next season, so it'll make sense to still play some of the loan players that improve us.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, March 18, 2017, 9:53pm; Reply: 2
Assuming there is no penalty, either formal or informal we should let Maxwell go unless he is down to join us next year.

Don't think Dyson is a long term option, so long as it doesn't disturb Everton let him go.

Same for Comeley
Posted by: Youngy, March 18, 2017, 9:55pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Today we put pay to any vaguely optimistic hope of scraping 7th place and getting into the play offs. We also started with three loan players and one on the bench all of whom have added something during their time with the club but I imagine will not be here next season..

So with 8 games to go do we start to edge them out and pick "signed" players ideally in their natural position who will be with us next term as it might help momentum for next season.  

This came up in the car on the way home and completely divided opinion.

Completly agree, got to start looking at who realistically will be with us next season and move forward with them.
Posted by: Tommy, March 18, 2017, 10:01pm; Reply: 4
Contracted to us beyond this season are:

McKeown

Mills, Boyce.

Berrett, Clements, S.Jones, McAllister, Osborne, Summerfield, Bolarinwa, Browne.

Asante, Vernon, Yussuf.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 18, 2017, 10:02pm; Reply: 5
I've heard it's possible that Dom Vose might be here next year so I'd stick with him but play our signed strikers as opposed to Dyson.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 18, 2017, 10:10pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I've heard it's possible that Dom Vose might be here next year so I'd stick with him but play our signed strikers as opposed to Dyson.

I hope we get to keep Vose, I reckon we need to get Shaun and the Danny's signed up pretty quickly as well before the end of the season TBH. When we talked about it after the game I thought that if nothing else Asante should get a run.  
Posted by: Youngy, March 18, 2017, 11:26pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Tommy
Contracted to us beyond this season are:

McKeown

Mills, Boyce.

Berrett, Clements, S.Jones, McAllister, Osborne, Summerfield, Bolarinwa, Browne.

Asante, Vernon, Yussuf.

I think he will be activtly seeking to offload Berrett, McAllister and Summerfield (Macc have got the option to sign I believe).
Posted by: ginnywings, March 18, 2017, 11:54pm; Reply: 8
I don't think Scunny will want Vose back, so i think there is a good chance he will be here next season.
Posted by: Mariner_09, March 19, 2017, 10:07am; Reply: 9
McKeown
Mills
Pearson
Collins
Boyce
Andrew
Bolarinwa
Browne
McAllister
Clements
Osborne
Vose
S. Jones
Asante
Yussuf
Vernon

In an ideal world those are the players we need to start next season. That's 16 players, means we only need to sign 6. It also means that we need to ship out Summerfield and Berrett. We need an athletic centre half and a physical midfielder along with a league lightning quick striker and two solid full backs for either side. I'd also want a genuine left sided winger as well.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 19, 2017, 10:46am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Mariner_09
McKeown
Mills
Pearson
Collins
Boyce
Andrew
Bolarinwa
Browne
McAllister
Clements
Osborne
Vose
S. Jones
Asante
Yussuf
Vernon

In an ideal world those are the players we need to start next season. That's 16 players, means we only need to sign 6. It also means that we need to ship out Summerfield and Berrett. We need an athletic centre half and a physical midfielder along with a league lightning quick striker and two solid full backs for either side. I'd also want a genuine left sided winger as well.

Replace Boyce with Mad Gav and a first choice goalkeeper please!
Posted by: Bigdog, March 19, 2017, 10:52am; Reply: 11
A bit of guesswork here..

McKeown - Need another keeper even if he stays, if not we'll need two
Mills - Done well to a point, but we'll need another right back
Pearson - New contract, needs a pacy partner or two
Collins - Showing signs of his age, could be a risky contract to offer, would prefer to source another CB
Boyce - Don't rate him, offload and replace with better
Andrew - Sign him up for three years
Bolarinwa - Keep and develop (hopefully)
Browne - See how he goes pre-season
McAllister - Who knows, he hasn't played, can see him being offloaded
Chambers - Will he be on his way, I would keep
Clements - Will be kept, new signing
Osborne - Will be kept, new signing
Vose - Would like to sign
S. Jones - Will be kept, new signing
Asante - Will be kept, new signing
Yussuf - Will be kept, new signing
Vernon - Offload look for better with potential
Comley - Hopefully sign him up
Berrett - Offload
Summerfield - Offload
Disley - Thanks for everything and good luck
Gowling - Thanks for everything and good luck
D. Jones - Keep and develop or offload
Dyson - Bags of potential, sign and develop?
Maxwell - Hard to say yet
Gunning - New contract and get a good pre-season behind him
Davies - Thanks and good luck
Venney, Wright and Clifton - Good pre-seasons, first team squad, if not loan out for further development

That leaves us with quite a bit of work to do over the summer transfer window, if we have the budget. Nowhere near the task of last summer, but still busy enough to be exciting. A keeper or two, a right back, two centre halves, a centre mid, wide options and one or two forwards.

If we're looking to sign the current loanees, then they should be playing. If we're looking to offer new contracts, then they should be playing. What I don't get, dare I say it, is why Dis should be playing instead of having a good look at Luke Maxwell? Maybe Dan Jones should be given a run of games. The season's gone and it serves no purpose playing players that are most likely not going to be around next season. Are we looking to sign Dyson? If not, why is he playing instead of Yussuf and Asante?

From the outside it's hard to answer these questions, only the manager will know who figures in his plans for next season and who is willing to sign. We'll have to be patient until the end of the season, but I've got a feeling that the transfer window in the summer will be a lot more interesting than we think..
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 19, 2017, 10:54am; Reply: 12
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Though I am not convinced that Boyce is the answer I think Gunning still has a bit to prove, though he did show what he can do before going off versus Wycombe. I also feel there is a strong chance we will be looking for 2 keepers in the Summer. Listening to Marcus it sounds like Clifton, Venney & Dan Jones will get another chance which will be good to see,
Posted by: ginnywings, March 19, 2017, 11:42am; Reply: 13
Pretty much in agreement with Bigdog.
Posted by: Grimbiggs, March 19, 2017, 3:13pm; Reply: 14
Clifton, Venney & Dan Jones, together with some of the other youths....don't know what the loan situation is like for the first two, but over the final few games of the season, it surely can't hurt, in at least giving them some game time in league 2.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, March 19, 2017, 4:07pm; Reply: 15
Are the loan players better than what we already had ? Not really IMO and the only one I think is worth considering is vose but I'm not sure why so many think he will probably sign for us as he hasn't exactly figured alot although I know injury has played it's part.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 19, 2017, 4:35pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Are the loan players better than what we already had ? Not really IMO and the only one I think is worth considering is vose but I'm not sure why so many think he will probably sign for us as he hasn't exactly figured alot although I know injury has played it's part.

Well the only loan player Marcus signed and is playing is Dyson and, no, he's not better than Bogle. PH signed Vose & Comley and the rest have gone haven't they?
Posted by: grimreaper, March 19, 2017, 4:56pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well the only loan player Marcus signed and is playing is Dyson and, no, he's not better than Bogle. PH signed Vose & Comley and the rest have gone haven't they?

Marcus is playing DYSON because he is a loan player from Everton. Dyson has not preformed for the last 4 games. ASANTE needs a run in the team the less games he plays the longer it will take to get him match fit. Players like him need a run in the team, not coming on as a sub.
Posted by: golfer, March 19, 2017, 5:07pm; Reply: 18
I don't think any of the loan players have much to offer us except Vose. I would keep him if somebody could give him a kick up the arrse, the others I don't think they are worth a kick up the arrse They might run about a lot but don't really achieve anything so what's the point of trying to keep them
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 19, 2017, 5:32pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from grimreaper

Marcus is playing DYSON because he is a loan player from Everton. Dyson has not preformed for the last 4 games. ASANTE needs a run in the team the less games he plays the longer it will take to get him match fit. Players like him need a run in the team, not coming on as a sub.

I totally agree. Marcus only signed him because Omar went which he openly admitted.
Posted by: MarinerDevil, March 19, 2017, 6:06pm; Reply: 20
I doubt that Everton will sell Dyson to us.  They clearly think he is one for the future; that's why they loaned him out.  I think it's more likely that they will move him on to a higher league next season.  Same goes for Comley.

I mostly agree with Bigdog, however, I would still keep Collins.  His experience will be invaluable if we are to lose the likes of Disley and Gowling.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 19, 2017, 6:43pm; Reply: 21
I think whoever we bring in will need some solid FL experience and CSDAJATL, big challenge that considering the amount of lower league journeymen you can get caught out with.
Posted by: Mariner_09, March 19, 2017, 6:46pm; Reply: 22
Asante, Dan Jones, McAllister all three should play the majority of the remaining games for me.
Posted by: Cloudy, March 19, 2017, 7:18pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Mariner_09
Asante, Dan Jones, McAllister all three should play the majority of the remaining games for me.

Which team are you?
Posted by: Garth, March 19, 2017, 7:21pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Noooooooooo!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 19, 2017, 7:28pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Garth

Noooooooooo!

Sorry - think Gunning offers more than Boyce,
Posted by: Hagrid, March 19, 2017, 7:30pm; Reply: 26
I think Josh offers more than them both but he's been completely shut out
Posted by: Garth, March 19, 2017, 7:30pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Sorry - think Gunning offers more than Boyce,

Agree to disagree then. Boyce is far superior to Gunning in all aspects, especially winning headers
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 19, 2017, 7:33pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Hagrid

Not going to be here next year anyway.
Posted by: Garth, March 19, 2017, 7:34pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Hagrid

Strange one that, worth a place on the bench at least
Posted by: sydney, March 19, 2017, 8:04pm; Reply: 30
Chambers?
Posted by: Bigdog, March 19, 2017, 8:35pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from sydney
Chambers?

Edited my list for you Sydney..
Posted by: Grantley, March 19, 2017, 8:36pm; Reply: 32
Gowling isn't good enough. I think there's a player in Boyce. I'd also like to see Gunning in his natural position.
Posted by: Mariner_09, March 19, 2017, 8:50pm; Reply: 33
I do wonder why Gowling is so massively out of favour. He's got everything Boyce has got plus some more aggression. He also has the ability to use both feet. I think we've missed Toto this year, he'd be perfect for that right sided centre half role, plus Nolan would have thrived in a midfield three.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 19, 2017, 8:58pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Mariner_09
I do wonder why Gowling is so massively out of favour. He's got everything Boyce has got plus some more aggression. He also has the ability to use both feet. I think we've missed Toto this year, he'd be perfect for that right sided centre half role, plus Nolan would have thrived in a midfield three.

So we'd have been top of the clean sheets list with Toto as opposed to being second behind Pompey.
Posted by: Mariner_09, March 19, 2017, 9:20pm; Reply: 35
I think Toto offered more than just as a stopper. I know he dropped clangers but he could play wonderful cross field balls and could carry the ball forward and was also very athletic, had something our other centre halves don't.
Posted by: Maringer, March 19, 2017, 10:11pm; Reply: 36
Hate to say it, but I'd be surprised if Clifton and Venney get much of a look in next season. I'd assume Disley will be going along with Summerfield, and Berrett will perhaps go as well but that still leaves Clements, Osborne, Jones and probably McAllister. Would either Clifton or Venney get much game time with these senior pros available? If not, they need to be playing somewhere, but I'm not convinced we'll be able to keep them on the books for another year. With this in mind, it wouldn't surprise me to see them leave.

I personally wouldn't be interested in re-signing Comley as he just disappears too much of the time - yesterday a case in point. Not quick enough in thought or deed for me, I'm afraid, even when he is getting involved.

I'm also less than convinced about Gunning, but that's perhaps just because he's mainly been played in a midfield role. I get the impression he'll be with us next season so let's hope he proves to be a decent centre-half when properly fit.

As for Dyson, I don't mind him but not sure he's up to leading the line at a lower division club just yet. Will he have matured enough to do the job well enough in 6 months time? Not sure. I suppose he might be able to join on a season-long loan, but I'd imagine there would be the expectation he would have to start most of the time and that would limit our options considerably.

I'd be happy enough for both Collins and Boyce to stay as I think both have something to offer. Despite his recent errors, I think there is probably one more season left in Collins and Boyce has played decently in his recent appearances that I've seen.

I think our success or lack thereof next season will depend on which attacking players that Bignot is able to sign in the summer. I think we have the basis of a decent defence and some potential in central midfield, but we're very light in wide positions and don't have enough of a threat up front as it stands. We're badly in need of some pace as well - whether Browne comes back to add some of that or whether Asante develops further will be interesting to see, but I think we'll also need another quick attacker or two.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 19, 2017, 10:20pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Mariner_09
I think Toto offered more than just as a stopper. I know he dropped clangers but he could play wonderful cross field balls and could carry the ball forward and was also very athletic, had something our other centre halves don't.

Halifax away nuff said.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 19, 2017, 10:33pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Maringer
Hate to say it, but I'd be surprised if Clifton and Venney get much of a look in next season. I'd assume Disley will be going along with Summerfield, and Berrett will perhaps go as well but that still leaves Clements, Osborne, Jones and probably McAllister. Would either Clifton or Venney get much game time with these senior pros available? If not, they need to be playing somewhere, but I'm not convinced we'll be able to keep them on the books for another year. With this in mind, it wouldn't surprise me to see them leave.

I personally wouldn't be interested in re-signing Comley as he just disappears too much of the time - yesterday a case in point. Not quick enough in thought or deed for me, I'm afraid, even when he is getting involved.

I'm also less than convinced about Gunning, but that's perhaps just because he's mainly been played in a midfield role. I get the impression he'll be with us next season so let's hope he proves to be a decent centre-half when properly fit.

As for Dyson, I don't mind him but not sure he's up to leading the line at a lower division club just yet. Will he have matured enough to do the job well enough in 6 months time? Not sure. I suppose he might be able to join on a season-long loan, but I'd imagine there would be the expectation he would have to start most of the time and that would limit our options considerably.

I'd be happy enough for both Collins and Boyce to stay as I think both have something to offer. Despite his recent errors, I think there is probably one more season left in Collins and Boyce has played decently in his recent appearances that I've seen.

I think our success or lack thereof next season will depend on which attacking players that Bignot is able to sign in the summer. I think we have the basis of a decent defence and some potential in central midfield, but we're very light in wide positions and don't have enough of a threat up front as it stands. We're badly in need of some pace as well - whether Browne comes back to add some of that or whether Asante develops further will be interesting to see, but I think we'll also need another quick attacker or two.

I'm with this as well, what I would say is that you may see Venney and Clifton stay as I would assume in reality they are probably on not much more money than minimum wage, they will possibly then go back out at some time I'm sure.

Also agree that the main issue is in attack as we currently only have one quick wide option and currently no "Jonny on the spot" or "fast as fcuk" strikers. Yesterday was a good example of this when Osborne played a couple of really good balls across the 6 yard box the striker/s where MIA. Finding such strikers who can start making a real difference from day 1 will be a challenge IMHO.  
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 20, 2017, 4:40am; Reply: 39
Of  Dyson. Jones,Yussuf, Asante and Vernon only Jones seems the real deal though Dyson looks like he could develop into a good striker, Early days yet but would like to see Asante making more of a impact to be honest.

Tombola and another fast wide man on the other side would be my priority.

Really can not see Macca wanting to stay he seems nervous and under scrutiny every game. He made a good initial save from the free kick but really our defence should have been marking up to prevent their goal don't blame him for that like some did.
Posted by: golfer, March 20, 2017, 7:49am; Reply: 40
I have always liked Macca but feel since the bother earlier it has affected him. A few goals are scored against us where he has got his hands to the ball to make a save but doesn't either control it or get it out of play or to safety . The majority of the influx of foreign keepers seem to have the same fault- a lot of goals even in the premiership are scored from rebounds from the keeper. One could see the qualities in Henderson in not only making a save but ensuring the ball went to safety-but he's not for us. I would keep Macca but I think he will be going at the end of season as his personal choice
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 20, 2017, 8:05am; Reply: 41
The art of being a good keeper is if you can not hold the ball you put I tout of the danger area,

Macca has not done this a few times this season , yesterday was one example.
Posted by: Maringer, March 20, 2017, 9:01am; Reply: 42
Macca could perhaps have done a bit better with the free-kick but it was a decent initial save and I'm always looking at the defence in those situations. It's their job to get ahead of the attackers to win any second ball and they were absent.

Paul Robinson made a career out of pushing shots back into the middle of the box and he played for England so all keepers make that error from time to time! I certainly agree that McKeown has looked edgy after all the upset earlier this year and wouldn't be surprised to see him leave this summer. Subjectively, I think he's a decent keeper and doesn't make any more errors than most at this level but many of the fans definitely aren't with him any longer.

I'm guessing he was slightly drunk off with the way that Henderson somehow became an instant cult hero with a section of the fans after a couple of decent saves. It certainly left me a bit bemused at the time. That said, I'd be happy enough if he was to return on a season-long loan though I think this highly unlikely.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 20, 2017, 9:13am; Reply: 43
Quoted from golfer
I have always liked Macca but feel since the bother earlier it has affected him. A few goals are scored against us where he has got his hands to the ball to make a save but doesn't either control it or get it out of play or to safety . The majority of the influx of foreign keepers seem to have the same fault- a lot of goals even in the premiership are scored from rebounds from the keeper. One could see the qualities in Henderson in not only making a save but ensuring the ball went to safety-but he's not for us. I would keep Macca but I think he will be going at the end of season as his personal choice

Up until last season James did have a habit of not being able to secure shots especially around his body especially when he's going to ground but with the arrival of Andy Warrington that alongside other areas of his game such as decision making appeared to come together and he carried it into this season. Since the transfer request business it looks like some of his flaws have surfaced again.

I really like James you only have to look at him in the warm up with that little lad on Saturday to tell he's a decent bloke. I also remember how fired up he was before the PO semi away at Braintree but still engaged with the fans before & after the game. I still think playing for GTFC means a lot to him but also believe he's quite "high maintenance" and possibly alongside Gavin Gunning represents Marcus's biggest man management challenge in the squad. With a view to next season will he be seen as a "Diva" or an essential senior player? Not sure at this stage but no doubt we will see once the window opens.

Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 20, 2017, 9:18am; Reply: 44
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Up until last season James did have a habit of not being able to secure shots especially around his body especially when he's going to ground but with the arrival of Andy Warrington that alongside other areas of his game such as decision making appeared to come together and he carried it into this season. Since the transfer request business it looks like some of his flaws have surfaced again.

I really like James you only have to look at him in the warm up with that little lad on Saturday to tell he's a decent bloke. I also remember how fired up he was before the PO semi away at Braintree but still engaged with the fans before & after the game. I still think playing for GTFC means a lot to him but also believe he's quite "high maintenance" and possibly alongside Gavin Gunning represents Marcus's biggest man management challenge in the squad. With a view to next season will he be seen as a "Diva" or an essential senior player? Not sure at this stage but no doubt we will see once the window opens.

At this level, he's OK. In the Conference he looked decent but obviously people who know don't see him as any better otherwise he wouldn't still be with us. Too many goals this season have been attributable to keeper errors.
Posted by: Grantley, March 20, 2017, 9:24am; Reply: 45
I actually think he's regressed. If you remember the levels he was at in 12/13 and 13/14, can anyone say that he's improved since then?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 20, 2017, 9:29am; Reply: 46
Quoted from MuddyWaters

At this level, he's OK. In the Conference he looked decent but obviously people who know don't see him as any better otherwise he wouldn't still be with us. Too many goals this season have been attributable to keeper errors.

Yeah agree with that TBH, we do know that there was an offer for him which everybody assumed came from Shrewsbury but to my knowledge that was never confirmed. I also understand Marcus was in for a keeper on deadline day but just could not get it over the line in time, if that deal had been done then he may have gone in January. Looking at James over the last few seasons it would be hard to see where he could go up a level or to a Donny/Portsmouth etc... L2 club and be first choice.
Posted by: Garth, March 20, 2017, 10:38am; Reply: 47
Unfortunately for James, Henderson came in and after a lengthy wait became the fans favourite over night; he was / is a cut above this level and if still here would probably get the nod over James.
I think James has reached his ceiling now and has in his own mind felt insecure playing for Town since Hendy gate.
Regarding Boyce he should now get a game with Collins getting a red as like Pearson he is a dominant player, unless Marcus's favourite makes ano apearance
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 20, 2017, 10:50am; Reply: 48
Quoted from Garth
Unfortunately for James, Henderson came in and after a lengthy wait became the fans favourite over night; he was / is a cut above this level and if still here would probably get the nod over James.
I think James has reached his ceiling now and has in his own mind felt insecure playing for Town since Hendy gate.
Regarding Boyce he should now get a game with Collins getting a red as like Pearson he is a dominant player, unless Marcus's favourite makes ano apearance

If it were Pearson missing a game I'd go with Boyce but Gunning being left footed makes him a more natural replacement for Collins.
Posted by: Maringer, March 20, 2017, 11:23am; Reply: 49
I'd probably give Gunning a try to see if he's actually much good at centre-half. He's only made one or two brief appearances in the position that I can recall and he ought to be closer to full fitness than back then, as well as knowing his teammates better.
Posted by: Cloudy, March 20, 2017, 11:24am; Reply: 50
Quoted from MuddyWaters

If it were Pearson missing a game I'd go with Boyce but Gunning being left footed makes him a more natural replacement for Collins.

Yes I agree with this, better balance.
Posted by: Mariner_09, March 20, 2017, 11:36am; Reply: 51
Agree, I'd give Gunning a go in his natural position and on his natural side. I'd also play Vose in his natural position for a few weeks which I think is just off the striker.
Posted by: Tommy, March 20, 2017, 11:41am; Reply: 52
I don't think Boyce or Gowling are good enough for this level.

And despite some people's early dislike of Gunning, he hasn't had a run in his proper position yet. So don't think he can be properly judged yet.
Posted by: Garth, March 20, 2017, 11:56am; Reply: 53
Quoted from Tommy
I don't think Boyce or Gowling are good enough for this level.

And despite some people's early dislike of Gunning, he hasn't had a run in his proper position yet. So don't think he can be properly judged yet.

Thats cos your not as good a judge as me  ;)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 20, 2017, 12:07pm; Reply: 54
We've signed Gunning until the end of the season to have an extended look at him and see if he can behave himself and intergrade into the squad, I like Andy Boyce as he just seems to get on with it but we know what he is capable of so in my mind we need to get Gunning involved as much as possible otherwise the money we have paid him from Jan - June will be wasted.  
Posted by: immariner, March 20, 2017, 1:12pm; Reply: 55
Davies is definitely signed up for next season and I thought Collins had signed an 18 month contract around Christmas.

Edit:
Ah yeah, says one year on his player profile on the OS. I remember reading that he'd signed on a two year deal and never seeing it mentioned since. Possibly means it's a one year deal with an option for a second based on appearances,  perhaps.
Posted by: Mariner_09, March 20, 2017, 1:46pm; Reply: 56
I'm sure Davies is on a one year deal. When he signed the OS stated a 2 year deal but soon corrected it to a one year deal minutes later.
Posted by: oldun, March 20, 2017, 2:46pm; Reply: 57
It will be interesting to see what our Director of Recruitment comes up with. Over to you Mr Wilde.
Posted by: golfer, March 20, 2017, 6:56pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Garth
[/b]

Thats cos your not as good a judge as me  ;)

At least Judge Rinder can dance
Posted by: ginnywings, March 20, 2017, 7:43pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Mariner_09
Agree, I'd give Gunning a go in his natural position and on his natural side. I'd also play Vose in his natural position for a few weeks which I think is just off the striker.

How can that be his natural position? Both Wrexham and ourselves under 2 different managers have played him on the left.  :-/
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 20, 2017, 7:49pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from ginnywings

How can that be his natural position? Both Wrexham and ourselves under 2 different managers have played him on the left.  :-/

Not doubting that he's a talented footballer but not sure that the position 'play where I want' exists unless you're Lionel Messi.
Posted by: Pastandpresent, March 20, 2017, 9:14pm; Reply: 61
The problem with vose is that the midfield can only play to the right they keep him out the game for to long when vose plays he switch play to get opportunity for the others but it's never recepricated  so he's out of the game for periods when they should be getting it to him more often to see the best of him
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 7:35pm