Posted by: mr b, March 18, 2017, 5:07pm; Reply: 2
1-0
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, March 18, 2017, 5:15pm; Reply: 3
How many do you reckon they will take?
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 18, 2017, 5:22pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
How many do you reckon they will take?

4 -5,000 I would think,

Maybe more if town fans fancy another Wembley day out.
Posted by: MidnightMariner, March 18, 2017, 5:25pm; Reply: 5
And lincoln wont be going lol
Well not in trophy anyway 😂😂
Posted by: Mariner_09, March 18, 2017, 5:33pm; Reply: 6
They might be. Scored in the 90th minute.
Posted by: chelseacity, March 18, 2017, 5:35pm; Reply: 7
I'm a GTFC season ticket holder, as were not going anywhere this season i went to Bradley Stadium today & i'm off to Wembley to support them.  UP THE OWLS !
Posted by: Hagrid, March 18, 2017, 5:35pm; Reply: 8
No they didnt 09?! They lead frim 65th minute onwards, york have since equalised in ET and its basically over
Posted by: fleabag1970, March 18, 2017, 5:38pm; Reply: 9
Lincoln lose so no Lincolnshire double header
Posted by: LH, March 18, 2017, 6:19pm; Reply: 10
Well done Cleethorpes. Hahahahahahahahaha Lincoln.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 18, 2017, 6:24pm; Reply: 11
I'll be there to support gy's second team
Posted by: Stadium, March 18, 2017, 6:28pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I'll be there to support gy's second team

......(confused1)
Posted by: Gaffer58, March 18, 2017, 7:15pm; Reply: 13
A hypothetical question, Cleethorpes carry on progressing and in 5/6 seasons actually make it into league 2, so who then does every one support?
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, March 18, 2017, 7:19pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Stadium

......(confused1)

You know what I mean ffs
Posted by: ginnywings, March 18, 2017, 7:19pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Gaffer58
A hypothetical question, Cleethorpes carry on progressing and in 5/6 seasons actually make it into league 2, so who then does every one support?

GTFC of course and i don't mean Gainsborough.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 18, 2017, 7:30pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Gaffer58

What they've done is a fantastic achievement but I cant see them climbing much higher tbh as for Wembley yeah I might go
Posted by: Danofming, March 18, 2017, 7:33pm; Reply: 17
Great achievement, I wish them all the success in the world. But there is only one team in North East Lincolnshire for me .
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 18, 2017, 8:07pm; Reply: 18
Well done to them, great achievement considering their short history.

Ironically they play South Shields in the final I think and if memory serves me right their nickname is?....................The Mariners :)
Posted by: OllieGTFC, March 18, 2017, 8:08pm; Reply: 19
👏 well done owls !! Think a weekend in London will do nicely and support the boys in blue at Wembley
Posted by: Grimal, March 18, 2017, 8:12pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Gaffer58

An hypothetical answer, ;),,,GTFC,  14,000 passionate Town supporters crammed in our new Fentydome    or  Cleethorpes Town 1,200 at Bradley Pitches ..No Brainer.  ,,,,It has to be Cleethorpes  ;D.

But good luck to Cleethorpes Town in the cup final and any promotions they achieve in the future.

Posted by: Youngy, March 18, 2017, 9:35pm; Reply: 21
I've seen a few comments on Social Media having digs at Town fans who are going to go to Wembley to support Cleethorpes at Wembley.

My personal view is that it's a bunch of local lads who are going to get there day in the sun, it would be abit rubbish if they rocked up at Wembley with no more then there average home gate to back them.

Plus for the sakes of £12.50 (group discount offer), it's not like it's breaking the bank to watch a final at Wembley
Posted by: Grimal, March 18, 2017, 9:43pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Youngy
I've seen a few comments on Social Media having digs at Town fans who are going to go to Wembley to support Cleethorpes at Wembley.

My personal view is that it's a bunch of local lads who are going to get there day in the sun, it would be abit rubbish if they rocked up at Wembley with no more then there average home gate to back them.

Plus for the sakes of £12.50 (group discount offer), it's not like it's breaking the bank to watch a final at Wembley

Yes £12.50 is ok if you live in London but with travel and meals it would work out an expensive day for someone like myself travelling from Grimsby. I wish them well though

Posted by: Cloudy, March 18, 2017, 10:03pm; Reply: 23
I too wish then well but have no intention of travelling to Wembley to watch them. I have been to a few games at Bradley and know some of their players and management team.
Posted by: LH, March 18, 2017, 10:06pm; Reply: 24
The 'I couldn't give two shites about Cleethorpes Town' type people are funny:

1-Cleethorpes are never going to overtake Grimsby Town in the NEL popularity stakes.

2-No-one is asking you to give two shites about them.

They're a bunch of local lads who have become a successful football team at that level. Some of them failed to make the grade professionally but are obviously very good at semi pro level. It's good that these local lads have something better than Sunday league to play at and it means that there is decent standard non-league stuff in the area as ten years or so ago there was very little in NEL.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 18, 2017, 10:18pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from LH
The 'I couldn't give two shites about Cleethorpes Town' type people are funny:

1-Cleethorpes are never going to overtake Grimsby Town in the NEL popularity stakes.

2-No-one is asking you to give two shites about them.

They're a bunch of local lads who have become a successful football team at that level. Some of them failed to make the grade at the professional level but are obviously very good at semi professional level. It's good that these local lads have something better than Sunday league to play at and it means that there is decent level non-league stuff in the area as ten years or so ago there was very little in NEL.

Some of them still play Sunday league but the manager has put a stop to it apparently. Surely this club growing and having success is good for the area? Who knows one day if they keep progressing a side like that might be able to give the Akeem Rose's of this world some competitive first team football
Posted by: moosey_club, March 18, 2017, 11:02pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Some of them still play Sunday league but the manager has put a stop to it apparently. Surely this club growing and having success is good for the area? Who knows one day if they keep progressing a side like that might be able to give the Akeem Rose's of this world some competitive first team football

it is a bit of a p!ss take that some Sunday League Div 4..( the lowest division in Sunday League) will be appearing at Wembley in the near future.

However i do wish them the best of luck, proper local lads, played local junior leagues, been rejected by GTFC in some cases i believe but have earned themselves a game at the national stadium.  
Posted by: LH, March 18, 2017, 11:13pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from moosey_club

it is a bit of a p!ss take that some Sunday League Div 4..( the lowest division in Sunday League) will be appearing at Wembley in the near future.

However i do wish them the best of luck, proper local lads, played local junior leagues, been rejected by GTFC in some cases i believe but have earned themselves a game at the national stadium.  

They can only dream of playing at the levels I have. Sunday League division EIGHT.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 18, 2017, 11:15pm; Reply: 28
Can well understand people choosing not to travel down with the expense involved.

More success for Clee can only be good for football in NEL and indirectly for GTFC too. Unless we implode, Clee will not become challengers for top dog status, but as Herts said, the opportunity for more players to play semi-pro football in the area has got to be good for developing the talent pool.

Being a Meggie I'll always support GTFC over CTFC. After all GT have played in Cleethorpes for most of their history, whilst Clee have always played in Grimsby.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, March 19, 2017, 12:19am; Reply: 29
Quoted from LH

They can only dream of playing at the levels I have. Sunday League division EIGHT.

I couldn't get into a team that was bottom of division eight, I think the money and fame had gone to my head unfortunately
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 19, 2017, 12:34am; Reply: 30
Quoted from LH

You must have had some real talent, division NINE for me.

Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 19, 2017, 5:28am; Reply: 31
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Ironically they play South Shields in the final I think and if memory serves me right their nickname is?....................The Mariners :)

Ha,ha yeah just seen that be odd hearing the mariner chant from opposite side of Wembley.

Of course I will be there to cheer John Mc and the lads on they have done fantastic and deserve it at least one side in Cleethorpes gives a feck (yeah I know they play in GY) lol only joking.
Posted by: lukeo, March 19, 2017, 7:01am; Reply: 32
Being sick on your first training session probably played a part in that LH  ;D
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 19, 2017, 7:13am; Reply: 33
Quoted from promotion plaice

You must have had some real talent, division NINE for me.

Well the team I used to be involved with finished BOTTOM of Division TEN in our first season.  ;D
Posted by: gobby, March 19, 2017, 8:24am; Reply: 34
Superb for the club and local lads getting to fulfill every players dream of running out at Wembley. I will not be making a trip down to that there London but wish Patto, Marcus and the rest of the lads all the very best on their big day out. Enjoy. 8)
Posted by: Cloudy, March 19, 2017, 9:09am; Reply: 35
Surely some will have a weird day, supporting a team whilst not Knowing who any player on the pitch is
Posted by: The Yard Dog, March 19, 2017, 9:15am; Reply: 36
Wish them well, will not be going.

Is a double header like last season? FA Vase followed by Trophy, will it be on TV?
Posted by: LH, March 19, 2017, 10:11am; Reply: 37
Quoted from lukeo

Took this chronic lack of fitness into the RAF with me. I can't hear the three bleeps at the start of the bleep test without wretching.
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, March 19, 2017, 10:53am; Reply: 38
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Mariners vs The Owls. I will be deeply conflicted. But I'll be there to cheer on local lads.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 19, 2017, 10:57am; Reply: 39
Quoted from Cloudy
Surely some will have a weird day, supporting a team whilst not Knowing who any player on the pitch is

Happens in the Premier League every week.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 19, 2017, 11:33am; Reply: 40
Quoted from lukeo

i heard his new team mates were also sick when they realised he had signed  ;)
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, March 20, 2017, 5:56pm; Reply: 41
I really hope Cleethorpes absolutely batter South Shields in the final.

They've sold 5,000 tickets already for the game, so they'll be well backed by the deluded Newcastle/Sunderland fans. Buying success, seen it all before with clubs like this (We tried and it ended horribly) and it won't last. Not a fan of the club, it's 'fans' or the people that run it. The fan-base will soon disappear when the Geordies/Mackems get bored.

There's a reason they've got so many decent non-league players playing there.. £££ & apparently Julio Arca gets a % of the gate receipts.

So I'll be hoping for a Cleethorpes win.
Posted by: chaos33, March 20, 2017, 7:28pm; Reply: 42
Interesting/amusing to note that both South Shields and Cleethorpes will probably take more supporters to Wembley than FGR managed for the conference play off final last season!
Posted by: Garth, March 20, 2017, 7:39pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from Cloudy

Thats me, gunner be a plastic though along with four others why not,  great day out supporting a local team and getting to see Summerfield play in tother game
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 20, 2017, 7:43pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from moosey_club

Crikey, are there only 4 divisions on a Sunday now?
Posted by: moosey_club, March 20, 2017, 7:50pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Crikey, are there only 4 divisions on a Sunday now?

yes bud....well ...5 divisions but old Div 1 is now Premier League and then 1-4.......dont even think there will be that many next season though, can see at least another division dropping off.

Was 10 divisions when i first started around 1988.
Posted by: GTFC_85, March 21, 2017, 9:28am; Reply: 46
I think this is a great news story for the region. Although I now live away, I have been keeping an eye on their progress. I will be going to support them. Victory for lower league football and it's great the teams get to play at Wembley
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 21, 2017, 10:08am; Reply: 47
Quoted from chaos33
Interesting/amusing to note that both South Shields and Cleethorpes will probably take more supporters to Wembley than FGR managed for the conference play off final last season!

Both cleethorpes and South Shields considerably more populated than nailsworth and both football hotbeds (them anyway) so why is it interesting or amusing . Serious q
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 22, 2017, 11:09pm; Reply: 48
Clee lost the first of their games in hand. 3:0 at home. Level on points with Pickering (Ronnie who?). Need to focus for a few more weeks?
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 5:43am