Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 3, 2017, 5:03pm
What do people think of the build up to this fight then?

I think it's been disgraceful by both camps and would never pay to watch it after the way they've both acted.

Some might say it's to sell tickets etc etc but in my opinion they have both over stepped the mark by threatening to cause serious harm to each other.

When I was an Amateur boxer in the late 80's to mid 90's I went to shows and competed all over the region with Tony (Grim74) and never experienced any ill feeling, in fact Amateur boxers used to speak before and after bouts and show respect to each other, I'm just so glad I never went into professional boxing (I nearly did as well)
Posted by: devs, March 3, 2017, 5:15pm; Reply: 1
Typical of age we live in
Very average fighters having to behave like idiots to create headlines for a medicore sporting event
Posted by: topuphere666, March 3, 2017, 6:05pm; Reply: 2
Terrible from both camps. Haye is an idiot for talking about hitting falling targets. It's two blown up cruiser weights. Bellew looks terrible and very light for the fight. He's been brave enough to say that haye has taken the camp lightly but is in no athletic shape. Haye looks lean and strong in comparison and weighing a stone heavier. I can't see anything other than a Haye win by KO.
Posted by: Rick12, March 4, 2017, 8:16am; Reply: 3
Bit below the the belt at times though I think part of it is pressure getting to both fighters particularly Haye .Gives the fight a edge I have to admit .Thing is boxing is one of the the toughest if not the toughest sport in the world and probably more real than football.I like Haye has a person but feel the scousers wit and bravado has got to him hence the comments
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, March 4, 2017, 11:21am; Reply: 4
Anyone watching via streams or anything, gona back haye ko round 3.
Posted by: samg, March 4, 2017, 2:31pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
Anyone watching via streams or anything, gona back haye ko round 3.

I shall stream it - 5th round Bellew ko Haye
Posted by: Rik e B, March 4, 2017, 7:47pm; Reply: 6
Anyone recommend a stream that smartphone friendly?
Posted by: LH, March 4, 2017, 8:17pm; Reply: 7
Evens on the match to end in six rounds or less at William Hill. Had a bit on that.

Pretty much a clash of the dickheads - part of me hopes they both knock each other out but I'd settle for Haye getting KOd as he just about is the bigger male private head.
Posted by: Hagrid, March 4, 2017, 8:20pm; Reply: 8
Want haye to knock out bellew but its just 2 overhyped bellends
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, March 4, 2017, 9:38pm; Reply: 9
If anyones struggling on phone to watch it, theres an app which you just type into google and download it. Just type solid streamz into google and u get every channel even sky box office, really good quality too.
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 4, 2017, 10:19pm; Reply: 10
After all the pre-match hype I'll be gutted if they blow smoke up each other's @rses after the fight.
It's been so americanised it's untrue.
But I would like to see Haye knock the Scouse gobshite out in round one.
Posted by: Hagrid, March 4, 2017, 11:17pm; Reply: 11
How is he still standing
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 4, 2017, 11:23pm; Reply: 12
Haye being a tw@t
Knows he's lost the fight. So will blame his knee//ankle.
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 4, 2017, 11:26pm; Reply: 13
Whoever loses will demand a re-match.
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 4, 2017, 11:32pm; Reply: 14
Oh look.
They love each other now.

Boxing is going the way of football. flipping hype.
Posted by: LH, March 4, 2017, 11:34pm; Reply: 15
Who ever saw the hugs and respect coming at the end after such a bitter promotion campaign? Oh everyone?

Pleased it wasn't £17 on a couple of rounds and was actually a good fight really. I've got a bit more respect for Haye after tonight (provided the injury IS a torn/ruptured achilles that is).
Posted by: Teesknees, March 5, 2017, 12:13am; Reply: 16
Scouser beats up disabled man, not the first time that's happened!
Posted by: Rick12, March 5, 2017, 12:45am; Reply: 17
Enjoyed the fight though Bellew didnt look in good shape.Think the injury to Haye was legit and  definitely impaired him.Had that not happened Haye may of taken it albeit on a tight decision
Posted by: Grim74, March 5, 2017, 8:20am; Reply: 18
Enjoyed the fight pleased bellow won, thought it was good that they both showedrespect to each other after all the trash talk.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 5, 2017, 9:16am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Grim74
Enjoyed the fight pleased bellow won, thought it was good that they both showedrespect to each other after all the trash talk.

I thought the opposite, maybe I am a little bit naive but I felt conned. I actually believed them both in the build up and I thought there was genuine hatred there and to see them hugging afterwards annoyed me. Then to transparently try and set up a ££££ rematch straight afterwards was a bit much. At the end of the day, without that hatred there isn't much of a reason to pay out on PPV. A couple of blokes in their mid thirties and past their prime, clearly different weights, no titles on the line. I wouldn't be interested in watching any rematch.
Posted by: Grim74, March 5, 2017, 1:19pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from 75

I thought the opposite, maybe I am a little bit naive but I felt conned. I actually believed them both in the build up and I thought there was genuine hatred there and to see them hugging afterwards annoyed me. Then to transparently try and set up a ££££ rematch straight afterwards was a bit much. At the end of the day, without that hatred there isn't much of a reason to pay out on PPV. A couple of blokes in their mid thirties and past their prime, clearly different weights, no titles on the line. I wouldn't be interested in watching any rematch.

Yeah I agree with you on the rematch talk bollox, it kind of spoilt the event for me and this should remain a one off fight. But I don't get why people are getting there knickers in a twist over the mutual respect shown at the end, Thing is Haye really believed he was going to blow Bellow away early on and as for Bellow questioning the diva Haye's heart, well Haye Proved to him he had balls of a true ring warrior.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, March 5, 2017, 1:29pm; Reply: 21
They are flogging tickets and pay-per-views. It's not the easiest way to make a living so who can blalme them for wanting to maximise the income. It's hardly unprecedented in boxing is it?
Posted by: kamakazebear, March 5, 2017, 8:17pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
They are flogging tickets and pay-per-views. It's not the easiest way to make a living so who can blalme them for wanting to maximise the income. It's hardly unprecedented in boxing is it?

Exactly. What next, people on here criticising a movie trailer for making the film look exciting?
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 10:10pm