Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 18, 2017, 12:31pm

Burnley v Lincoln City          FA Cup 5th Round               12:30         BT Sport 2 / BT Sport 2 HD / BT Sport 4K UHD

Just stuck a full Β£3.00 on Lincoln at 9/1 to cushion the blow if they do the unthinkable and reach the quarter-finals.
Posted by: Davec, February 18, 2017, 12:37pm; Reply: 1
Lincoln City fans singing Grimsby Town are flipping shiteπŸ˜‚
Posted by: moosey_club, February 18, 2017, 12:42pm; Reply: 2
oh i wouldnt want Lincoln hearts breaking just yet.....let them lose in the next round just when they can almost taste Wembley ...much more disappointing that way.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, February 18, 2017, 12:48pm; Reply: 3
There fans are trying to be like us πŸ˜‚ Oh dear where was there support when they was mid table in non-league dreadful
Posted by: MrsMariner, February 18, 2017, 12:52pm; Reply: 4
I must admit I will be extremely jealous if they some how manage to get to the F A Cup 1/4 Final, dream world, but I will be rooting for them all the same. Especially Nathan & Brad
Posted by: buckstown, February 18, 2017, 1:09pm; Reply: 5
Radio commentator drooling about Nathan's skills. He says Cowley descibes him as the most intelligent wide player he's ever worked with.
Jus caught the last 15 minutes on telly and sadly Lincoln look organised, motivated and pretty effective (things we can only imagine at the moment)
Posted by: OllieGTFC, February 18, 2017, 1:09pm; Reply: 6
Am sorry but what F*ck is going on with matt rheads hair πŸ˜‚ Bobby Charlton wannabe
Posted by: gobby, February 18, 2017, 1:25pm; Reply: 7
His hair is to distract you from his fat body! 8)
UTMM
Posted by: LH, February 18, 2017, 1:25pm; Reply: 8
Go to the biggest match in your clubs existence, sing about your rivals being shite despite them playing in the league above. Strange people.
Posted by: golfer, February 18, 2017, 1:27pm; Reply: 9
To be honest I quite like Rhead even after what he did to us. Have watched Lincoln on tele a few times recently and think they are a well organised team- that's Cowley. Playing well at moment-I wonder what the result would be Town v Lincoln
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, February 18, 2017, 1:36pm; Reply: 10
Good luck to them, especially Nathan and Brad.Imps fans can dislike us if they like, take the high ground, I wish them well.
Posted by: Jaws, February 18, 2017, 1:53pm; Reply: 11
I think their fan base is excrement compared to ours. But it's their moment.. I'll let them have it.. not exactly rivals to us now  ;)
Posted by: OllieGTFC, February 18, 2017, 1:54pm; Reply: 12
Joey Barton πŸ˜‚
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, February 18, 2017, 2:00pm; Reply: 13
When did Southwell join Lincoln?
Posted by: buckstown, February 18, 2017, 2:02pm; Reply: 14
Deadline day - they sold Robinson to Southend and took Dayle from Wycombe
Posted by: moosey_club, February 18, 2017, 2:10pm; Reply: 15
Have to say.....pretty low quality game really....Burnley disappointing
Posted by: scoregasm, February 18, 2017, 2:11pm; Reply: 16
Let's be honest they are putting a show on and look like a team that know what they are doing.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, February 18, 2017, 2:16pm; Reply: 17
Personally I'll be delighted for them if the win- especially if it's a move involving Wood, Arnold and Southwell.  
Posted by: scoregasm, February 18, 2017, 2:21pm; Reply: 18
1.0 gimps
Posted by: tintowner, February 18, 2017, 2:22pm; Reply: 19
Bloody hell!
Posted by: OllieGTFC, February 18, 2017, 2:23pm; Reply: 20
πŸ‘ congratulations to lincoln, well done chaps you have well and truely copulated your league up now πŸ˜‚
Posted by: Grantley, February 18, 2017, 2:25pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from OllieGTFC
πŸ‘ congratulations to lincoln, well done chaps you have well and truely copulated your league up now πŸ˜‚

You're a funny guy.
Posted by: Hagrid, February 18, 2017, 2:28pm; Reply: 22
Could be the season of their lives
Posted by: Mikoo, February 18, 2017, 2:29pm; Reply: 23
Well done Lincoln! You might be our rivals but you're doing both lower league football and Lincolnshire proud
Posted by: oochiad, February 18, 2017, 2:29pm; Reply: 24
They certainly deserved that win.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, February 18, 2017, 2:31pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from OllieGTFC

You'll find in this case you could be right, all the teams below them want their schedule to mess up.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, February 18, 2017, 2:32pm; Reply: 26
Β£180,000 prize money just for that win. Very nice! They'll certainly have a good bankroll for League 2 if they make it.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, February 18, 2017, 2:37pm; Reply: 27
It only take DAG & REG to win today mean they will be level on points as Lincoln, if forest green win they are a point behind, last thing Lincoln need is more games and playing catch up
Posted by: Paris Mariner, February 18, 2017, 2:39pm; Reply: 28
They are in the quarters of the Trophy too. The Β£180,000 could get them a couple of loan signings to bolster their squad at least. They seem very fit to be fair though. Barton or the other lad - one at least - should have been marched for the push/face combo they pulled anyway.
Posted by: springstomind, February 18, 2017, 2:42pm; Reply: 29
Baring in mind they're rivals I just watched the whole game routing for them, they have done Lincolnshire proud and those players are a credit to that club, so much energy and belief, I can see them Getting promotion and further under that management. Good luck for the next round, I hope you get a monster tie. Hilarious chant about Grimsby earlier on.
Posted by: Badger57, February 18, 2017, 2:46pm; Reply: 30
Massive kudos to Lincoln City as much as it hurts to say so!
However, just 3,200 fans? That's pathetic for such a big game that's not even that far away either.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 18, 2017, 2:47pm; Reply: 31
Really enjoyed that game, well done Lincoln,

One step from Wembley who would have believed it ?

A lot of games coming up for them might stop them winning the league though,

We all know too well how things can go wrong in the play offs.

BUT

Whatever league they are in next season they have a nice bundle of cash to spend.
Posted by: Jaws, February 18, 2017, 2:49pm; Reply: 32
Cowley won't be there for long considering Hurst got poached from us.

Let's hope this has rejuvenated the Lincoln support and they bring a decent following if they come up to the big boys league.
Posted by: Grantley, February 18, 2017, 2:51pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Badger57
However, just 3,200 fans? That's pathetic for such a big game that's not even that far away either.

That's all they were allocated.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, February 18, 2017, 2:51pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Badger57

It would say that is all they got? They are somewhat limited by the capacity of Turf Moor
Posted by: Badger57, February 18, 2017, 3:17pm; Reply: 35
Fair enough, didn't know that. In that case massive thumbs down to Burnley for providing so few tickets.
Posted by: nightrider, February 18, 2017, 4:01pm; Reply: 36
Championship team will take the Cowleys before the start of next season
Their record is impressive. If it wasn't for the mighty mariners, Braintree would be a league team. How do they do it
Posted by: topuphere666, February 18, 2017, 5:46pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from nightrider
Championship team will take the Cowleys before the start of next season
Their record is impressive. If it wasn't for the mighty mariners, Braintree would be a league team. How do they do it

It'll cost them if they do. They've signed extensions until 2021!
Posted by: toontown, February 18, 2017, 5:48pm; Reply: 38
Be surprised if they leave before the end of the season, that contract extension looks very wise indeed now
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 18, 2017, 5:55pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from promotion plaice

Burnley v Lincoln City          FA Cup 5th Round               12:30         BT Sport 2 / BT Sport 2 HD / BT Sport 4K UHD

Just stuck a full Β£3.00 on Lincoln at 9/1 to cushion the blow if they do the unthinkable and reach the quarter-finals.

The woman in the bookies said good look when I put the bet on, my reply was hope not I want Burnley to win.

Worst Β£27 I've ever won but I'll take it.

Posted by: lukeo, February 18, 2017, 5:59pm; Reply: 40
I put them in a lucky 15 with Huddersfield wolves and Sutton haha... gutted Huddersfield only got a draw v man city ;)
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), February 18, 2017, 6:01pm; Reply: 41
An Ipswich supporting friend of mine says that the there is a strong rumour that the Cowleys are already on the radar to get the Ipswich gig.
Posted by: golfer, February 18, 2017, 6:12pm; Reply: 42
Absolutely fantastic Lincoln and well done our old boys. You lot deserve all the accolades you get but watch out if you are playing us next season  :)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 18, 2017, 7:10pm; Reply: 43
Well done Imps.
Posted by: Skrill, February 18, 2017, 7:17pm; Reply: 44
They deserve a fixture against Man United (if they win) or Chelsea. But they'll probably get Millwall (icon_lol)
Posted by: Grim74, February 18, 2017, 7:21pm; Reply: 45
intercourse the imps who cares
Posted by: GrimRob, February 18, 2017, 8:15pm; Reply: 46
When it becomes necessary to cheer on Scotland or Wales you become British. When it becomes necessary to cheer on Lincoln you become from Lincolnshire.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 18, 2017, 8:29pm; Reply: 47
I do like that black and white bit on their shirt.
Posted by: Grimal, February 18, 2017, 8:30pm; Reply: 48
Well done Lincoln ,you will always be in our shaddow but today you've done Lincolnshire proud. Especially pleased for our old boys Nathan,Dayle and Bradley.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, February 18, 2017, 8:36pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from Grimal
Well done Lincoln ,you will always be in our shaddow but today you've done Lincolnshire proud. Especially pleased for our old boys Nathan,Dayle and Bradley.

It's basically a win for GTFC's C team really. Hartlepool being the B team.

;)

Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 18, 2017, 9:36pm; Reply: 50
It looks like the B and C teams could be swapping places SE1
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 18, 2017, 9:42pm; Reply: 51
A few weeks ago I was getting really p1ssed of with people banging on about "Danny Cowley's achievements" well credit to him and his team I think this is a "real" achievement.

Though I wish it was not them its good to see tin pot represented this late in the cup.
Posted by: mariner91, February 18, 2017, 9:46pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from 120790
An Ipswich supporting friend of mine says that the there is a strong rumour that the Cowleys are already on the radar to get the Ipswich gig.

Yep and Gary Mills is doing a sterling job as our manager.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 18, 2017, 10:51pm; Reply: 53
Pathetic by Barton trying to get Rhead sent off - but after seeing Rhead do it to Gowling last season I'd have had a chuckle if it'd worked.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, February 19, 2017, 10:31am; Reply: 54
Looking at their last 2 cup games there seems more than a bit of the old Wimbledon of the Fashanu era about the way they play. Yesterday especially they were deliberately rough and provoking Burnley. There's not a lot of football about Lincoln's game plan but it is the one that works for dominating the Conference and upsetting higher league teams. Quite the opposite of how Buckley's side played.

But good luck to them, it's down to the opposition to find an answer.

Making 6 changes didn't do Burnley any favours. I like to see underdogs succeed against the high wage boys but there is this nagging doubt that when you get Lincoln and Millwall through and Sutton playing Arsenal, this isn't the FA Cup that we recognise as a top competition any more. It's just games to give the PL reserve lads a run out and keep them happy.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, February 19, 2017, 11:59am; Reply: 55
Quoted from KingstonMariner
It looks like the B and C teams could be swapping places SE1

of course it does mean we've got Marcus Hannibal's A Team

"I love it when a plan comes to fruitition"

Posted by: Helgy, February 19, 2017, 12:08pm; Reply: 56
It was a magical day ,they only gave us 3200 & had 600 of their fans in our end bit strange really why they could not give us the whole stand.
Just puzzling where our support has come from for a few seasons we could only manage 500 at yours & yes I was there.
Cowley's have revolutionised the City the side is very fit & well motivated.
Ipswich, Brighton & Burnley under estimated us you can't change your team about and expect to steam roll a Cowley team.
Been through so many tough times just enjoying the whole thing you have to.
Think we have all been there.
Daggers lost & the Veggies so we are 3 clear with 2 in hand onto North Ferriby Tuesday ,crazy we will have 2000 there out of a 2400 crowd.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 19, 2017, 12:08pm; Reply: 57
The draw is today so If you where a Lincoln fan would you want Millwall at home and a reasonable chance of getting to Wembley for the semi or one of the big boys away & cash out?
Posted by: Helgy, February 19, 2017, 1:58pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from HertsGTFC
The draw is today so If you where a Lincoln fan would you want Millwall at home and a reasonable chance of getting to Wembley for the semi or one of the big boys away & cash out?

Go as far as possible for me ,took 5000 to Ipswich non stop singing & did the same yesterday both said best away support in 20 years to their ground.
They are just unbelievable days out want more of them don't want to cash out.
We have made enough money already,
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 19, 2017, 4:34pm; Reply: 59

What's going on this season in the FA Cup

Latest..........Blackburn Rovers  1-0  Man UTD
Posted by: ginnywings, February 19, 2017, 4:39pm; Reply: 60
Chuffed for the diehard fans like you Helgy. Of course fans will turn up out of the woodwork now you are having a bit of success but the ones that stick around in the tough times will get the most pleasure from it. To know the true highs, you have to have known the true lows. Getting promoted out of the Conference was the best feeling ever as a Town fan. Hope you manage it this season and if you could pip FGR to the title, or better still, beat them at Wembley, all the better.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, February 19, 2017, 6:12pm; Reply: 61
Just returned from the pub and need this Lincoln miracle to end as the chances of having a quiet pint have totally disappeared as every man, woman & child now appears to have been a die hard Imp foe ever, still waiting for my son in law to call and provide a full review of his day out in Burnley. Bloody daughter should have found a Codhead to fall in love with!!!

To be fair like Ginny says pleased for the true fans like guy I was talking to who was at Whitehawk last year when they went out and has hardly missed a match in 35 years, those are the fans who deserve this success but it needs to end and bloody quickly!!!
Posted by: LH, February 19, 2017, 6:24pm; Reply: 62
Yeah well done and everything. Genuinely hope they get a Chelsea or Man Utd now - we need to keep it as us being the best FA Cup club in Lincolnshire and they surely couldn't beat either of them!
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 19, 2017, 6:32pm; Reply: 63

End of the road for Lincoln as long as they don't get Millwall,...................... Sutton or Huddersfield........... 8)
Draw coming up -

1. Lincoln
2. Tottenham
3. Manchester United
4. Sutton United or Arsenal
5. Middlesbrough
6. Chelsea
7. Huddersfield or Manchester City
8. Millwall
Posted by: topuphere666, February 19, 2017, 6:35pm; Reply: 64
Arsenal/Sutton away for them!
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 19, 2017, 6:36pm; Reply: 65

Sutton at home to Lincoln then.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 19, 2017, 6:36pm; Reply: 66
Arsenal (probably) away.

Would've been a better tie for the neutral if it'd been at home (same with Spurs Millwall), but still a great game to get.
Posted by: golfer, February 19, 2017, 6:40pm; Reply: 67
What to be a Lincoln player or supporter now. Looks like the final will be Lincoln v Chelsea. If it is I'll be in Lincoln on that day- I'm a burglar  :)
Posted by: ginnywings, February 19, 2017, 6:41pm; Reply: 68
Kerching for Lincoln, unless Sutton do the impossible. They must have made a serious amount of wedge this season and if used wisely, will see them back as an established league club.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 19, 2017, 6:42pm; Reply: 69
Cowley's just been on the telly wishing Sutton good luck............yeah right!
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, February 19, 2017, 6:48pm; Reply: 70
Too right a share of 60,000 at the Emirates will return a serios wedge and they could finish the season as lconference winners and a clebratory trip to Wembley in the FAVase which would make for a serious celebration.

Come. On Marcus get us in the play offs to give me some ammunition to fire back at them.
Posted by: golfer, February 19, 2017, 6:51pm; Reply: 71
Get us promotion so we don't have to play them  :)
Posted by: Abdul19, February 19, 2017, 6:51pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Cowley's just been on the telly wishing Sutton good luck............yeah right!

I think he meant it. It would surely mean a Wembley semi final.

Would probably be the biggest upset ever though!
Posted by: MarinerDevil, February 19, 2017, 6:53pm; Reply: 73
Perfect draw for them really.  You either get a great chance of getting to the semi-final or a money-spinning away tie at the Emirates.  
Posted by: barralad, February 19, 2017, 7:03pm; Reply: 74
Funnily enough I think Lincoln lost at home to Sutton in the league earlier this season.
Posted by: LH, February 19, 2017, 7:08pm; Reply: 75
Lincoln fan at work really dreading playing them again in the league. Dirty tactics and liked roughing up their players. I think they drew them in the Trophy as well but they were beaten by Boreham Wood in a replay.
Posted by: RoboCod, February 19, 2017, 7:16pm; Reply: 76
Drawn away again?? Can't catch a break can they ::)
Posted by: Grimal, February 19, 2017, 7:21pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from golfer
What to be a Lincoln player or supporter now. Looks like the final will be Lincoln v Chelsea. If it is I'll be in Lincoln on that day- I'm a burglar  :)

You'll never get rich if thats your trade Golfer, surely you should be in Chelsea on that day not Lincoln  ;).

Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 19, 2017, 7:25pm; Reply: 78
It will be interesting to see Rhead play against the fanny's that play at the back for Arsenal...........I would definitely play it up to the big (fat) ladπŸ˜€
Posted by: Abdul19, February 19, 2017, 7:48pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from LH
Lincoln fan at work really dreading playing them again in the league. Dirty tactics and liked roughing up their players.

Oh the irony!
Posted by: lukeo, February 20, 2017, 7:21am; Reply: 80
Cracking draw for them... If Sutton do the unlikely then they have a very good chance of getting to Wembley for the semifinals! ... If not then they have a big money away draw at the Emirates!
As someone else has posted I'd like t see Rhead up against the Arsenal back 4, probably won't stand a chance because they'll be super fit but to roughen them up a bit would be good to watch.

Well done Lincoln so far, a special well done to Arnold
Posted by: fleabag1970, February 20, 2017, 7:33am; Reply: 81
Imagine where Town would be if PH was allowed a fitness coach .........Its a massive part of the modern game and we still don't have one ? Lincoln have shown that fitness can get you places even if your not as talented . Matt Rhead had lost a stone but is still affective
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 20, 2017, 11:30am; Reply: 82
I was surprised to read that Rhead (no pun intended) did not become a pro footballer until he was 28. Also surprised that he has been one of Lincoln's best players in their cup run.  

He looks as much a modern pro footballer as fatty Parkin, Mcnulty and Akinfenwa.  Strangely all can "do a job" despite their handicap
Posted by: Helgy, February 26, 2017, 3:00pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
I was surprised to read that Rhead (no pun intended) did not become a pro footballer until he was 28. Also surprised that he has been one of Lincoln's best players in their cup run.  

He looks as much a modern pro footballer as fatty Parkin, Mcnulty and Akinfenwa.  Strangely all can "do a job" despite their handicap

He gets all the fat jibes but has one of the lowest body fat rating in the squad lol.
Cowleys' have had the players doing core exercises since day they joined,
It's all about steering clear of injuries & increasing core strength which is very evident even against Premier player.
They do them before training ,joined up with both Uni's they are streets ahead of many managers.
Watching the Ipswich & Brighton warm up's wasn't impressed Ipswich's looked Sunday league standard.
Made fundraising really easy & the fanbase has trebled we can't believe it its like where have they come from even to us.

Posted by: mariner91, February 26, 2017, 3:11pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from Helgy

He gets all the fat jibes but has one of the lowest body fat rating in the squad lol.
Cowleys' have had the players doing core exercises since day they joined,
It's all about steering clear of injuries & increasing core strength which is very evident even against Premier player.
They do them before training ,joined up with both Uni's they are streets ahead of many managers.
Watching the Ipswich & Brighton warm up's wasn't impressed Ipswich's looked Sunday league standard.
Made fundraising really easy & the fanbase has trebled we can't believe it its like where have they come from even to us.

I'm sorry but that is just bollocks.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 26, 2017, 4:02pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from mariner91

I'm sorry but that is just bollocks.

No. The bulge was definitely higher up than that when I saw him play.   :)
Posted by: Abdul19, February 26, 2017, 5:04pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

Fat or not (definitely the former!), he scored a decent amount last season when they were shite, so it's not that surprising that he's been one of their best players this season.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 5:55am