Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mariner_09, February 18, 2017, 11:43am
... was that fateful day at Halifax, the most toxic and darkest day of the Conference, what a difference a year makes.

And it was the day Cameron came back with his white paper from Brussells which laid the seeds for a bad year.

All in all a bad day all round.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, February 18, 2017, 12:17pm; Reply: 1
Rubbish. It was the year Grimsby Town AFC got back where it rightfully belongs, in the Football League.

All else pales into insignificance.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, February 18, 2017, 1:29pm; Reply: 2
Cracking pub crawl
Posted by: Jaws, February 18, 2017, 1:54pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Mariner_09
... was that fateful day at Halifax, the most toxic and darkest day of the Conference, what a difference a year makes.

And it was the day Cameron came back with his white paper from Brussells which laid the seeds for a bad year.

No it wasn't. It was the 20th Feb

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35568166
Posted by: LondonMariner43, February 18, 2017, 2:14pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Mariner_09

Far worse than losing to Crewe...

Posted by: mariner tommy, February 18, 2017, 6:46pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Mariner_09

But season 13-14 was worse when we lost to them home and away, at least we beat them 7-0 at home before losing in the game you're referring to 4-2
And why was it the most toxic and darkest ?

Surely Braintree away and Crewe away take that accolade.

UTM
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 18, 2017, 6:49pm; Reply: 6
Grimsby Town AFC? We launched a breakaway club RRFC?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, February 18, 2017, 10:35pm; Reply: 7
Now if we're really looking back on this date.....

Saturday 18th February 1989

.....when Harry Haddock and thousands of Mariners descended on Plough Lane

And I still believe we had a legitimate equaliser ruled out before they broke away for their third

UTM  GTID
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 18, 2017, 10:37pm; Reply: 8
If I remember right (and that is far from a given) one of their goals followed a push on the back of one of our defenders that went unpunished.
Posted by: Mariner_09, February 19, 2017, 10:42pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from mariner tommy

But season 13-14 was worse when we lost to them home and away, at least we beat them 7-0 at home before losing in the game you're referring to 4-2
And why was it the most toxic and darkest ?

Surely Braintree away and Crewe away take that accolade.

UTM

Firstly Crewe was in the league and secondly Braintree was an early season freak when nobody knew how good anybody else was and there wasn't a mass chant of "Hurst Out" or "Hursty is a w*****" either was there? And nor was there any racist abuse at Braintree which probably contributed towards Toto's exist.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 19, 2017, 10:55pm; Reply: 10
On that day when the chant "were effing excrement" rang out that was very embarrassing considering we are renowned for good "support".  
Posted by: Grantley, February 20, 2017, 12:09am; Reply: 11
Never forget #YNWA
Posted by: bobbyturtle, February 20, 2017, 1:19am; Reply: 12
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

And I still believe we had a legitimate equaliser ruled out before they broke away for their third

UTM  GTID

my dad didnt go to any away matches, apart from this, special away memories :)
Posted by: Rik e B, February 20, 2017, 11:49am; Reply: 13
Brexit, promotion,  Trump even. Absolutely cracking year! (chat)
Posted by: jaygy, February 21, 2017, 5:36pm; Reply: 14
I also see that day at Halifax as one of the darkest since we were relegated and it felt like we were being ripped apart from the inside as a club that day, it's crazy how it all turned out in the end but I do sometimes feel that after Halifax away a few of the players and the manager got us promoted slightly in spite of the fans rather than for the fans
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, February 21, 2017, 8:14pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

UTM  GTID

What a fabulous day out..... and credit to the BBC who gave us fantastic publicity, probably the best day for media coverage in 28 years.
Posted by: pontoonlew, February 21, 2017, 8:38pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Mariner_09

Firstly Crewe was in the league and secondly Braintree was an early season freak when nobody knew how good anybody else was and there wasn't a mass chant of "Hurst Out" or "Hursty is a w*****" either was there? And nor was there any racist abuse at Braintree which probably contributed towards Toto's exist.

Do you have any evidence for this racial abuse? Because I'm yet to see any....

Saying that I agree with Crewe, to call a freak defeat during a successful campaign in our return to the league as 'one of our darkest days' is ridiculous.
Posted by: Mariner_09, February 21, 2017, 8:57pm; Reply: 17
I haven't got any evidence to suggest it isn't true either though.
Posted by: pontoonlew, February 21, 2017, 9:02pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Mariner_09
I haven't got any evidence to suggest it isn't true either though.

Apart from the subsequent investigation which found no evidence that it took place?
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 12:22pm