Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: denni266, February 11, 2017, 5:20pm
Been saying it for ages, go back , dont move here , you have ruined anything we had before . you are not playing the butcher, baker or candle maker now. but seasond pros , who can sus out things very quick, 3 5 2 , give me strength . you have total dismantled a steady team and replaced it with nothing . your fancy way of conning folk with your words dont work with me. do us a favour and go back where you came from
Posted by: LH, February 11, 2017, 5:23pm; Reply: 1
Ruined what we had before? You wanted Hurst gone every time we didn't win before!
Posted by: denni266, February 11, 2017, 5:28pm; Reply: 2
yes i did , but to improve  . this is backwards
Posted by: craigy, February 11, 2017, 5:30pm; Reply: 3
But replace him with who? And don't say Disley or Buckley.
Posted by: denni266, February 11, 2017, 5:32pm; Reply: 4
no i wouldnt say any of them. we need an experianced  manager not a trainee
Posted by: forza ivano, February 11, 2017, 5:32pm; Reply: 5
Great to see you back Denni. I knew as soon as I saw the score that you'd be on here spreading your poison. Presumably you've just left gresty road coz last week you said that you couldn't comment on our good performance because you hadn't gone to the game........
Posted by: UFindusMariner, February 11, 2017, 5:33pm; Reply: 6
Not going to call for Bignot out but I would like him to answer the question about our lack of width.

Bolawinra is our only natural wide player but he is raw, I personally think we lack the right players to fully succeed with 3-5-2. Question is where do we go from here?

First of all on Tuesday as daft as it sounds with them being bottom I think we need to go and focus on keeping organised and not letting in any early goals. Then try and build on them foundations.

I would like to see something like:

Macca

Mills  Pearson  Collins  Andrew

Comley/Maxwell
       Osborne         Disley

Bolawinra                     Yussuf
                   Asante

Players with genuine pace out wide and 3 varied types of midfielders in the middle.
Posted by: denni266, February 11, 2017, 5:36pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from forza ivano
Great to see you back Denni. I knew as soon as I saw the score that you'd be on here spreading your poison. Presumably you've just left gresty road coz last week you said that you couldn't comment on our good performance because you hadn't gone to the game........

No not been today. not sure about poison  ;)tho.. any way glad to see you are happy with things , keep hoping
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 11, 2017, 5:39pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from UFindusMariner
Not going to call for Bignot out but I would like him to answer the question about our lack of width.

Bolawinra is our only natural wide player but he is raw, I personally think we lack the right players to fully succeed with 3-5-2. Question is where do we go from here?

First of all on Tuesday as daft as it sounds with them being bottom I think we need to go and focus on keeping organised and not letting in any early goals. Then try and build on them foundations.

I would like to see something like:

Macca

Mills  Pearson  Collins  Andrew

Comley/Maxwell
       Osborne         Disley

Bolawinra                     Yussuf
                   Asante

Players with genuine pace out wide and 3 varied types of midfielders in the middle.

So we go from one system we can't play with to another new one? Shape apart though your right about what your saying but I think 3 - 5 - 2 is not a case of because we don't have another wide player I think it's MBs attempt to play some form of "play out from the back" total football. A style league 2 players in general are usually not good enough to play IMHO.
Posted by: realist, February 11, 2017, 5:42pm; Reply: 9
This is what Newell tried without success
Posted by: samg, February 11, 2017, 5:45pm; Reply: 10
Mid table first season back in league- hardly out of his depths
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, February 11, 2017, 5:47pm; Reply: 11
I think he's gone for style over substance far too soon, it would make more sense to stick to sensible basic tactics and rotate the players more finding the best performers out of our squad, then start modifying the style of play based on the talents of that best 11.

Not only have we disrupted the dressing room repor with a large influx of signings and exits, but we've gone straight for an unusual style of play, so while trying to get used to their new team mates, theyre also trying to get used to a style of play theyve not had before, and probably getting beat on the basics by other teams.
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 11, 2017, 5:52pm; Reply: 12
Be interesting to see the 2 starting line ups for today and Plymouth away which I think was Bignot's first or second game.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, February 11, 2017, 5:55pm; Reply: 13
I mean whatever you say about his job here so far, Bignot is hungry for success, he's not come here for a payday on the merry go round like many managers we couldve employed would have been. Could it be his inexperienced coupled with that hunger and our close proximity to the playoff positions when we arrived, meant he along with a board who are very convinced by him, have pushed for further success too soon and its backfired, rather than dealing with stability after hurst first and saving his visions for later
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, February 11, 2017, 5:58pm; Reply: 14
Just think the players are confused about their roles and a definite lack of understanding caused by so many new faces.
Posted by: mariner91, February 11, 2017, 5:58pm; Reply: 15
What are his "visions"? I have literally no idea what the game plan is. We have no width, no runners beyond the strikers and we're not capable of maintaining possession in the opposition's half to allow us to get the men forward. There doesn't seem to be any channel runs either when we've run out of places to go in our own half, just hoofs forward to nobody in particular. About 15 games in and I couldn't begin to tell you how he wants us to play which is worrying in the extreme.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 11, 2017, 6:03pm; Reply: 16
I think he's gone for style over substance far too soon, it would make more sense to stick to sensible basic tactics and rotate the players more finding the best performers out of our squad, then start modifying the style of play based on the talents of that best 11.

Not only have we disrupted the dressing room repor with a large influx of signings and exits, but we've gone straight for an unusual style of play, so while trying to get used to their new team mates, theyre also trying to get used to a style of play theyve not had before, and probably getting beat on the basics by other teams.

The bit in bold is bang on IMHO, people said PH played boring football and at times it was but I think he just played to the abilities of a non league squad, Marcus could learn from that. Many teams at our level don't play 3 - 5 - 2 why? Usually because the players are non good enough to play that way.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, February 11, 2017, 6:11pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from HertsGTFC

The bit in bold is bang on IMHO, people said PH played boring football and at times it was but I think he just played to the abilities of a non league squad, Marcus could learn from that. Many teams at our level don't play 3 - 5 - 2 why? Usually because the players are non good enough to play that way.

To be fair I don't think anyone at any level ever come into a team halfway through a season, revolutionised the way they play to a style that isn't a fairly standard way of playing, and had instant success
Posted by: TAGG, February 11, 2017, 6:14pm; Reply: 18
Said it before and will say it again.
He's full of hot air and BS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04smcln
Posted by: forza ivano, February 11, 2017, 7:52pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from denni266

No not been today. not sure about poison  ;)tho.. any way glad to see you are happy with things , keep hoping

Added to your inability to se anything positive is obviously your inability to read. I said I was glad to see you back.nothing more, nothing less. 1 week ago, Good performance, you don't go so say that you are unable to comment. Next week , bad performance, you don't get and amazingly you feel able to fire off your usual negative Shiite within 30 minutes of the final whistle.
Conclusion? You're full of Shiite
Posted by: forza ivano, February 11, 2017, 7:57pm; Reply: 20
PS. Just noticed that only 3 (Denni, tagg and grimps)  of the Gang of Four have posted.all we need is ipswin to give us the benefit of his views o make it a full house
Posted by: jonnyboy82, February 11, 2017, 8:05pm; Reply: 21
Wait , am I excluded from the fab four forza ? >:(
Posted by: forza ivano, February 11, 2017, 8:26pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Wait , am I excluded from the fab four forza ? >:(

You're The Voice of Reason Johnny! I think fatherhood must've changed you ;)
Posted by: denni266, February 11, 2017, 8:52pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from forza ivano
PS. Just noticed that only 3 (Denni, tagg and grimps)  of the Gang of Four have posted.all we need is ipswin to give us the benefit of his views o make it a full house

i will ring him and tell him just to make your night .. and i see you dodged the question , and i sugest you read most of tonights threads and take notice how many have said the same as me
Posted by: Andy, February 11, 2017, 8:56pm; Reply: 24

To be fair I don't think anyone at any level ever come into a team halfway through a season, revolutionised the way they play to a style that isn't a fairly standard way of playing, and had instant success

Neil Warnock

Posted by: LongEatonMariner, February 12, 2017, 9:57am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Andy

Neil Warnock

Keep that sort of language off the fishy !
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 12, 2017, 11:06am; Reply: 26

Locally Russ Wilcox at Scunthorpe when Laws was sacked in 2013 he took over and took them on a run that got them up without revolution he just made them harder to beat.

Nobody is asking for promotion or revolution in reality we just want progress and not regression.

Posted by: rancido, February 12, 2017, 12:30pm; Reply: 27
Some of the posters on this thread have voiced the opinion that it is a step too far from non-league management to league management, at least as far as MB is concerned. Yet loads of managers have made that same step ( PH certainly, as it would be silly to interpret 3 months earlier in the season as " League experience ". In fact he is now League 1 and slowly pulling Shrewsbury away from the drop zone ). MB is certainly learning his trade and although yesterdays result was a hard knock he also achieved some good results against teams a lot higher in the division. It is quite obvious from what he has said and his recent signings ( well to me anyway ! ) that he is using what remains of this season to produce a squad that will be serious contenders for promotion next season. It's almost like from now until April is a long preseason with the added bonus that if the players we have develop a better understanding then a play-off place is not out of the question. It has been mentioned that he has " disassembled " what we had before he arrived but nearly all those players that don't feature in his plans and have left have gone to lower level clubs, the very players that PH brought in to help us progress !! Virtually all the fans on this site wanted us just to consolidate our league status this season and what I've seen since MB came here has done nothing to diminish that reality. Once it was announced that PH had gone and MB had been appointed manager I was prepared to give him until the end of the season before I passed judgement , when he had his own players playing his way. Nothing has changed my view and I certainly won't come out with a knee-jerk reaction to a result that although wasn't expected appears to be more about individual performances ( or lack of them ) than mismanagement.
Print page generated: April 30, 2024, 8:24pm