Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, February 9, 2017, 11:24am
Just in case anyone didn't know:

Adobe's Photoshop CS2 is available as a free download:

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/3689-adobe-photoshop-cs2.html

It will ask for a serial key and they are on that webpage. This is perfectly legal.
Posted by: Maringer, February 10, 2017, 12:21pm; Reply: 1
It isn't actually legal to use it - you're supposed to have previously owned a license (as we actually do at work). I'd tend to doubt that Adobe will be chasing it up too much, however, so you'll probably get away with it.

Photoshop CS2 can be a little bit buggy on Windows 10, but generally works well. We've not been tempted to spend a small fortune upgrading to a newer version!
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, February 10, 2017, 1:03pm; Reply: 2
Oh right! I honestly thought it was....oh well.

I probably have the license somewhere...if only I could find it...your honour.
Posted by: Maringer, February 10, 2017, 2:57pm; Reply: 3
Only other thing to mention is that you will encounter problems installing on a 64 bit Windows installation. It's quite easy to fix, however. You just have to change the installation directory to read:

C:\Progra~2\Adobe

instead of:

C:/Program File (x86)/Adobe
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, February 10, 2017, 3:35pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Maringer
Only other thing to mention is that you will encounter problems installing on a 64 bit Windows installation. It's quite easy to fix, however. You just have to change the installation directory to read:

C:\Progra~2\Adobe

instead of:

C:/Program File (x86)/Adobe

Maybe that's a Windows 10 thing. I've never had a problem installing it on Windows 7 64bit
Posted by: Maringer, February 10, 2017, 3:45pm; Reply: 5
We certainly encountered the issue back when we moved to Win 7. Can't remember if they fixed it with the 'freebie' release which we installed on Win 10 or not.
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 8:19am