Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), February 4, 2017, 9:39am
Hope Andy Warrington is in goal today, we need committed players who want to play for the Club.
Posted by: H19P1, February 4, 2017, 9:46am; Reply: 1
Wow 👀 how the devil do you know that hasn't learnt anything by being on the sidelines and during training?

Give the lad a chance to prove us wrong. And that means 2/3 games and not just 90mins today.

No need for that comment in opening post.

PMA required pre match not negativity
Posted by: Laddy89, February 4, 2017, 9:49am; Reply: 2
What an absolute helmet
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, February 4, 2017, 9:55am; Reply: 3
Don't think so.
If James wants a move in the summer its important that he displays some good form between now and end of season. He would devalue himself if he did otherwise.
If he wants to stay, same applies.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 4, 2017, 10:00am; Reply: 4
Daftest OP of the day for sure!
Posted by: bluebottle, February 4, 2017, 10:25am; Reply: 5
WUM!!!!!
Posted by: sapper mariner, February 4, 2017, 10:44am; Reply: 6
yawn
Posted by: Cloudy, February 4, 2017, 11:13am; Reply: 7
I bet there isn't one player who is 'totally committed' to GTFC

Not one of the players grew up thinking their lifetime ambition was to play for Grimsby Town. What I believe they all want is to give their all for the shirt in order to progress their careers, and that applies to James McKeown as much as anyone else.
They would all prefer to be playing for Man U Arsenal Chelsea, Barcelona or whoever but that doesn't stop them wanting to do their best for Town. Professional pride should not be under estimated
Posted by: oldun, February 4, 2017, 11:33am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Cloudy
I bet there isn't one player who is 'totally committed' to GTFC

Not one of the players grew up thinking their lifetime ambition was to play for Grimsby Town. What I believe they all want is to give their all for the shirt in order to progress their careers, and that applies to James McKeown as much as anyone else.
They would all prefer to be playing for Man U Arsenal Chelsea, Barcelona or whoever but that doesn't stop them wanting to do their best for Town. Professional pride should not be under estimated

Not to mention the £££'s. It is a short career.
Posted by: TAGG, February 4, 2017, 11:46am; Reply: 9
Quoted from 28195
Hope Andy Warrington is in goal today, we need committed players who want to play for the Club.

FFS there's always one 💩
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 4, 2017, 11:48am; Reply: 10
The "it's a short career " phrase has always made me smile as when they finish playing the could always get another job. Especially if you start studying/gaining experience in the last few years of your playing career
Posted by: headingly_mariner, February 4, 2017, 12:01pm; Reply: 11
I imagine there will be some brainless male masturbators giving him shite today. He will be under enough pressure so perform.
Posted by: lancspontooner, February 4, 2017, 12:08pm; Reply: 12
It's going to be a difficult game today so please let's give JM our full support whatever happens.

It must have been a little bit annoying for him to see the level of adulation given to Deano but that lad could make it to the top if he keeps developing. It was a little bit like the time Dave Beasant came and caught everything. But every keeper makes a howler sometimes - that's why Beasant was here. Deano's not been doing it long enough to have a stinker yet - but it will come.

Meanwhile Macca is still our keeper. he's shared our pain and our glory. Let's show him some love.
Posted by: Stadium, February 4, 2017, 12:25pm; Reply: 13
Another embarrassment of a post.
After some of the ridiculous musings on the Henderson thread yesterday it really does make you wonder.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 4, 2017, 12:29pm; Reply: 14
Prefer the No.2 for a beer myself but each to their own  ;)
Posted by: Stadium, February 4, 2017, 12:31pm; Reply: 15
Yep under the clock for me  8)
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, February 4, 2017, 12:33pm; Reply: 16
Don't get it (hendo love in) myself, saves one OK free kick and collects a few crosses and all of a sudden the next best thing since sliced bread.

Macca has proven to be a consistently good keeper over a sustained period, the odd mistake, but then again almost all keepers do. Look at some of the other keepers we've had at this level  Williams, Colgan, Barnes, Maccas better than all of them.
Posted by: Kris2, February 4, 2017, 1:11pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Don't get it (hendo love in) myself, saves one OK free kick and collects a few crosses and all of a sudden the next best thing since sliced bread.

Macca has proven to be a consistently good keeper over a sustained period, the odd mistake, but then again almost all keepers do. Look at some of the other keepers we've had at this level  Williams, Colgan, Barnes, Maccas better than all of them.

To be fair I think a blow up doll would have been more effective than Williams.
Posted by: Posh Harry, February 4, 2017, 1:28pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

I'm not sure how much you have seen him play then. 2 pretty much world class saves at Carlisle and an excellent one in first half against Blackpool come to mind, but I have only seen him play twice. More importantly was his command of the area and coming out for crosses from set pieces and I'm not seen him drop any. This breeds confidence in the defence and the whole team, so I think you do him a disservice with your summary.

That being said, I firmly believe that macca is a good keeper and capable at this level.

UTFM
Posted by: ginnywings, February 4, 2017, 1:29pm; Reply: 19
There's not much excitement in Barton. Gotta make your fun where you can get it.
Posted by: Mariner_501, February 4, 2017, 2:37pm; Reply: 20
As much as I like Macca anyone who suggests that he may be better than Henderson is either deluded or a liar.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, February 4, 2017, 5:06pm; Reply: 21
*Coughs*
Posted by: cmackenzie4, February 4, 2017, 5:10pm; Reply: 22
So pleased for Mckeown today, what a time to make a save to earn Town a point, well done Macca!
Posted by: ginnywings, February 4, 2017, 6:35pm; Reply: 23
Wouldn't it be great if that point gets us a play off spot. You never know in football.
Posted by: Skrill, February 4, 2017, 7:28pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Mariner_501
As much as I like Macca anyone who suggests that he may be better than Henderson is either deluded or a liar.

Right now, this second, Macca is a bloody hero!

Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 4, 2017, 10:14pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from 28195

Not one that at least twice in a game went down at the feet of an opposing player, not committed?

Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 4, 2017, 10:14pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Skrill

Right now, this second, Macca is a bloody hero!

There've been plenty of occasions over the past 5 1/2 seasons.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 4, 2017, 10:15pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from ginnywings
Wouldn't it be great if that point gets us a play off spot. You never know in football.

Might even be a turning point.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 1:27pm