Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Freemoash88, February 3, 2017, 7:09pm
So sky sports say watching the Wigan v Sheff wednesday

[img]https://i.gyazo.com/ab8221d6d5d23e36cc8dff7fd056e2b8.png[/img]
Posted by: GTFCNiles, February 3, 2017, 7:11pm; Reply: 1
Saw that....guess it must have some add ons in it as well. Hope he gets on tonight wanna see how he gets on.
Posted by: Chrisblor, February 3, 2017, 7:14pm; Reply: 2
Yeah and the Guardian reckon up to £3 million. The only people who actually know are the staff at Wigan & Town - everything else is speculation. In reality it's probably an initial lump sum somewhere around a million quid along with a load of performance related payments and an unknown sell on percentage. The only way we'll get any more information is when the next set of accounts come out.
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 3, 2017, 7:20pm; Reply: 3
My thoughts are 750K with add ons for goals and appearances up to 1 million,

Then a sell on clause that could be 25 per cent.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 3, 2017, 7:22pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Chrisblor
Yeah and the Guardian reckon up to £3 million. The only people who actually know are the staff at Wigan & Town - everything else is speculation. In reality it's probably an initial lump sum somewhere around a million quid along with a load of performance related payments and an unknown sell on percentage. The only way we'll get any more information is when the next set of accounts come out.

And Solihull     8)

Posted by: Grimsby2012, February 3, 2017, 7:39pm; Reply: 5
As I keep stating. The fee was 1 million upfront, with 500k in addons. This includes 25% sell on
Posted by: Tommy, February 3, 2017, 7:40pm; Reply: 6
Must be true if it's on Sky then  :X
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, February 3, 2017, 7:42pm; Reply: 7
Do Solihull get a %age of the add ons
If not it might br wise to sell reasonably cheap and mske it up in addons and bonused etc
Posted by: Caesar, February 3, 2017, 8:01pm; Reply: 8
Saw it and was also confused but then I realised it was the same channel that reported this:

https://twitter.com/ScottWoodthorpe/status/826499255724605441
Posted by: chaos33, February 3, 2017, 8:55pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Grimsby2012
As I keep stating. The fee was 1 million upfront, with 500k in addons. This includes 25% sell on

How does that work then? We can't know what the add ons are worth. For example, if they sell in 2 years for 6 million, then 25% = 1.5million. I don't understand how the add ons can be ascribed a set figure and included in the 500k ????
Posted by: LH, February 3, 2017, 9:10pm; Reply: 10
Sell on clause could be anything from a penny to £25m. I hope we've put a fee reasonable performancd clauses in - e.g an extra bit of cash once he plays 50 games/scores 20 goals etc. Maybe even a few slightly more farfetched ones like a promotion to the PL or a call up to the England squad.

Are sell on clauses just clauses on the initial contract or do they apply to new contracts at the same club or even apply to sales with a new club (a percentage of a sell on to - in this case - Wigan)?
Posted by: ginnywings, February 3, 2017, 9:25pm; Reply: 11
Contracts are beyond the realms of mere mortals now. I read the other day that it can take a year of negotiations to realise a big name agreement like Pogba. Even the agent fee has to be negotiated before they can move forward, not to mention addons, kit deals, release clauses in case someone else comes along and wants to sign them for more, release clauses to play for their country, image rights, etc etc, it goes on and on. I know Omar is not in that kind of company but it's all convoluted and everyone wants a slice of the action.
Posted by: pizzzza, February 3, 2017, 9:33pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from chaos33

How does that work then? We can't know what the add ons are worth. For example, if they sell in 2 years for 6 million, then 25% = 1.5million. I don't understand how the add ons can be ascribed a set figure and included in the 500k ????

Hint: Grimsby2012's posts are bullshit.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 6:03pm