Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: stevethefish, February 3, 2017, 5:34am
... Shows some very interesting fixtures

1) Of the 11 teams above us, we have already played 9 away from home. So BP is now going to see the better teams coming to town.

2) Of the 12 teams below us we only have two to play at home.

3) so far we have gained more points on the road, but have played significantly better teams in the process.

So on paper at least, the remainder of the season looks easier... (Oh I just forget we sold our star striker and bought a new team!)

In all seriousness, if we can keep away form to same level and start performing at BP, marcus will have a chance of hitting play offs.
Posted by: GrimRob, February 3, 2017, 10:34am; Reply: 1
We ended up 14th when I ran the calculator. Might have settled for that in July but certainly wouldn't now!

http://thefishy.co.uk/calculator2.php
Posted by: lukeo, February 3, 2017, 11:06am; Reply: 2
9th... one point outside play offs  :'(

to be honest I'd class that as a good season though.  New manager half way through the season, new league and loads of new players etc.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 3, 2017, 5:26pm; Reply: 3
The home form must improve regardless 14th is my bet.
Posted by: chaos33, February 3, 2017, 10:29pm; Reply: 4
What Herts said
Posted by: stevethefish, February 13, 2017, 7:31am; Reply: 5
Can I delete my opening post😒

Think I was living in cloud cuckoo land!
Posted by: monkeyboy, February 13, 2017, 11:58am; Reply: 6
And if we win every match we finish second on goal difference

Posted by: buckstown, February 13, 2017, 12:19pm; Reply: 7
I was looking up the table and licking my lips at the prospect of stuffing Stevenage and Crewe
Posted by: Jaws, February 13, 2017, 4:42pm; Reply: 8
We do have a history of performing against better teams and flipping it up against the lower down teams.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, February 13, 2017, 6:08pm; Reply: 9
Agree Jaws. why is that regardless of the manager we and players we seem to buck trends? Is it just us or do other teams seem to do it?
Any stattos out there who have any relevant data?
Posted by: MarinerDevil, February 13, 2017, 6:30pm; Reply: 10
If you look at the majority of opposition teams' forums in this league, you'll find that most of them - barring perhaps Doncaster - have similar complaints about their side's consistency.  Some of them will have a tendency to bottle it against promotion-chasing opponents, and some (like us) inexplicably drop points against off-form teams, yet beat the so-called big sides on their own patch.

I think ours is a better problem to have, because we have shown that we have enough quality to do well in this league, but have yet to mould a balanced and tactically rounded team that can build a period of good form.

People read too much into statistics and table positions.  Most teams in this league are of a similar quality; the table only shows who has been able to hit form at the right time to accumulate a high points tally.  There's no point faffing around wondering why Crewe were able to murder us but Plymouth weren't.  It was a different day with a different set of variables.  It doesn't matter who the opposition is, we've got to beat them.  This team is capable, it's all down to the manager to instil confidence into the players of the time.  Time will tell if Bignot can accomplish that.  
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 7:32am