Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 2, 2017, 2:19pm
Marcus has brought in a lot of players in the short time he has been with us,

So what I would like to see now is that most of them make a success of things and stay for a few years,

That also would mean the team has been successful and we have got a promotion or two.

It would also give me the chance of actually recognizing our own players. ;)
Posted by: H19P1, February 2, 2017, 2:40pm; Reply: 1
Oooo it's all me me me 😊
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, February 2, 2017, 2:41pm; Reply: 2
I thought you were going to say you'd like to see a February transfer window Pete ! ;)
Posted by: lukeo, February 2, 2017, 5:28pm; Reply: 3
what I'd like to see is some better football being played. I'd like to see some small steady progressive steps as the team get to know eachother and learn the way they need to play.
SenSible and acceptable ask
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 2, 2017, 5:34pm; Reply: 4
I would like to be able to see me toes without having to look around me belly!
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 2, 2017, 5:59pm; Reply: 5

"What I would like to see now"

I would like to see the councils delaying tactics stop over the new stadium.
Is there another date for the meeting that was cancelled on the 18th January ?
Posted by: Badger57, February 2, 2017, 7:55pm; Reply: 6
I'd like to see what basically is a whole new team gelling steadily over the final part of this season, and growing into a team that will be ready from the off and fully capable of a concerted promotion push next.
Posted by: rancido, February 2, 2017, 8:57pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from promotion plaice

I would like to see the councils delaying tactics stop over the new stadium.

Maybe I'm reading more into the player recruitment this January than I should but it does seem that JF has almost allowed MB to get what he wanted. Could this be a sign that JF is confident that the new stadium will go ahead and these are the first steps in that confidence ?
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 2, 2017, 9:01pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from promotion plaice

I would like to see the councils delaying tactics stop over the new stadium
Posted two days ago  - How important is a new stadium to the Grimsby community.
[youtube]dBuq9dsPttw[/youtube]
Posted by: ginnywings, February 2, 2017, 9:15pm; Reply: 9
That vid has been around for ages.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 2, 2017, 9:19pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from ginnywings
That vid has been around for ages.
Oh yeah. Found the original now posted 10th March 2015, which is 18 minutes long, couple of extra bits in this one though, a lot taken out.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, February 2, 2017, 9:20pm; Reply: 11
Some really good interviews with MB and the new signings on the Humberside Sport website. Thought all 3 come across well. Must say that is the best interview I've heard from Bignot recently. The new lad Jones has a really interesting story.
Posted by: mimma, February 2, 2017, 9:41pm; Reply: 12
Whilst on the subject of the new stadium, I received an email from the council about the local plan. It didn't mention the stadium, so I emailed them to ask.

Here is the reply:  

Thank you for your email.

The Local Plan has undergone several rounds of consultation, during one of these consultation periods we received comments from you, which is why we are contacting you now to provide an update on progress.

The Local Plan contains planning policies for wide ranging subjects from housing and employment sites to town centre and the natural environment, including a policy on Grimsby Town Football Club Community Stadium. Whilst this policy does not allocate a specific site for the proposed new stadium it does provide flexibility for the development of a new stadium in the future.

The purpose of the email is to keep you informed on the progress of the preparation of the Local Plan as a whole, which is now reaching the final stages of its preparation and following extensive consultation has now been submitted to the Government for independent examination. During the examination hearing sessions, which are held in public, the Planning Inspector appointed by the Government will consider all the processes undergone during the preparation of the Local Plan and any comments received. They will then prepare a report with their recommendations which will be presented to the Council for their consideration prior to the Local Plan being adopted.

Once adopted the policies in the Local Plan will be used as the basis for making planning decisions.

I hope that helps
Kind regards
Diane

So, there we have it. The stadium is part of the local plan, and it is now in the hands of the government inspector for approval.

Please note that some of the sessions will be open to the public, and I will bet my last pound that the NIMBYs will be there in force supported by DeFreitas & co. I just hope that he club & fans can also make representations to give a fair & balanced argument in favour of the development.

I will of course post further updates should I get any further information.
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 1:36pm