Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Garth, February 2, 2017, 10:43am
Must be feeling a bit down today things just never worked out for him as he wished, I wonder what his mind set is now, stick or twist. I hope its stick but I think he may move on loan somewhere.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 2, 2017, 10:53am; Reply: 1
He needs to put it behind him and get on with training hard in case he gets the call to arms. He still has an 18 month contract, so it's not as if he is struggling to find a club like some players. It's a squad game when all's said and not every player can play. I think he may have overestimated his worth and needs to get his head down and crack on. He can only go to non league now, so if he wants first team footy, that's what he will have to do.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 2, 2017, 11:02am; Reply: 2
He is a professional footballer and needs to recognise the word "professional" in the title. At work things don't always go your way so like the rest of us he needs to take it on the chin and get on with it.

I had a bit of sympathy until that RH interview on Saturday when he made himself look like a bit of a baby to be honest.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 2, 2017, 11:10am; Reply: 3
Quoted from HertsGTFC
He is a professional footballer and needs to recognise the word "professional" in the title. At work things don't always go your way so like the rest of us he needs to take it on the chin and get on with it.

I had a bit of sympathy until that RH interview on Saturday when he made himself look like a bit of a baby to be honest.

Missed the interview what did he say
Posted by: AussieMariner, February 2, 2017, 11:18am; Reply: 4
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Post 108 on the MACCA thread
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 2, 2017, 11:20am; Reply: 5

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04r3s9k
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 2, 2017, 11:20am; Reply: 6

Loads of stuff, I think there is a link on this thread somewhere, amongst other things,

- He claims he had been told he would not play again this season
- Said he'd played his last game for Town
- There was a bid for him but sidestepped that is was from PH

Marcus then came on and pretty much said the opposite and told Matt Dean he would get James out again and put him on the spot, Matt declined that offer.

Whoever let or failed to stop him talking to the media needs a kick up the bottom IMHO.

Posted by: grimsby pete, February 2, 2017, 11:22am; Reply: 7
We have got 32 players and we can only play a max of 14 ( including subs )

So he is not on his own in not getting a place in the starting 11,

He needs to focus on what he can do if called upon,

I am sure he will.
Posted by: Mariner_09, February 2, 2017, 11:30am; Reply: 8
McKeown, Pearson, Toto, Arnold, Dis, John-Lewis.

Those 6 for me represent and epitomise the Hurst era, a mixture of workhorses as well as quality footballers and most if not all club legends or at least cult heroes.

Gowling, Tait, Magnay, Podge and Omar also to a lesser extent.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 2, 2017, 11:42am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Mariner_09

Those 6 for me represent and epitomise the Hurst era, a mixture of workhorses as well as quality footballers and most if not all club legends or at least cult heroes.

You jest surely?

And Omar to a lesser extent than say Toto?
Posted by: Davec, February 2, 2017, 12:29pm; Reply: 10
Toto a club legend ;D are you serious?
Posted by: Garth, February 2, 2017, 1:06pm; Reply: 11
Toto?

Are you real
Posted by: BackHeelTony, February 2, 2017, 1:16pm; Reply: 12
Macca should take a look at his mate Shaun if he wants an example of how to react when dropped!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 2, 2017, 1:58pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Mariner_09

Toto? I'll have a pint of what you've been drinking!
Posted by: rancido, February 2, 2017, 8:18pm; Reply: 14
Macca has the ideal opportunity to see what he needs to do to get back in the team by watching Deano while he's keeping the bench warm ! Deano has a lot more command of his six yard area than Macca and is certainly better in the air.
I think Macca has been a good keeper for us at the level we were playing, especially top level of non-league but I think he has reached his level and I certainly don't see him as a League 1 keeper or a League 2 keeper in a team hoping for promotion. He now has until the end of the season to apply himself and get back into first team contention. Deano will definitely go at the end of the season and it certainly isn't a healthy situation to be dependant on a loan keeper as your first choice. One thing is for sure and that is , based on this transfer window, MB will certainly find a first choice keeper to replace Macca if he has to.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 2:21pm