Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 1972 (Guest), February 1, 2017, 6:19am
Just an idea for a song and the clever ones out there who come up with the songs for the terraces surely someone can come up with a song to the tune of 80's film  FLASH GORDON (for those not in the know the actor Sam Jones played him in the film)   could he be the saviour or the mariners!!!!
Posted by: BeijingMariner, February 1, 2017, 6:50am; Reply: 1
that's not a bad idea, it scans quite nicely, exactly as you suggested. worth a try....

Orig: FLASH! ahah  saviour of the universe
New: SAM!    Jones saviour of the Mariners
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, February 1, 2017, 6:52am; Reply: 2
He could very well be. But Omar was our man , , out hero our current playing legend. So now it's time for a new one, , we have plenty of players now, , more than we've had for a good while! It's time for one or more to shine. Exciting times ahead. UTM
Posted by: Cloudy, February 1, 2017, 7:18am; Reply: 3
I am told this guy is really creative, the sort of playmaker we have been craving.

Yes needs to settle in to what is virtually a new side but he could be the best of our recent additions

UTM
Posted by: Chris Packit, February 1, 2017, 1:34pm; Reply: 4
I think he might turn out to be the best of MB's signings but can't see room for him and Osbourne in the same midfield if we play 2 holding players. One striker is an option maybe?
Posted by: Mariner_09, February 1, 2017, 1:37pm; Reply: 5
Maybe Chris, but with three centre halves, two very fit and athletic wing backs and a naturally defensive midfielder, I think there's enough defensive strength on the pitch, Osborne also looked as if he'd track back and get into shape when necessary.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 1, 2017, 2:13pm; Reply: 6
Shouldn't we just laugh when his name is mentioned given that was his reported response to our previous interest ?  ;)
Posted by: Grimsby2012, February 1, 2017, 2:25pm; Reply: 7
His name is sam, oh oh, he really likes jam oh oh. his name is sam, oh oh and he likes jam, oh oh......
Posted by: Maringer, February 1, 2017, 2:49pm; Reply: 8
I suppose he could always play just off a front man as well, almost as a striker. Only problem there is that we don't really have a player with the right attributes to play as a lone striker, unless Asante is up to the job, of course. Also, with wingbacks, we really need a couple of forwards playing or there is a risk of becoming too defensive.
Posted by: Sigone, February 1, 2017, 5:19pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from 1972
Just an idea for a song and the clever ones out there who come up with the songs for the terraces surely someone can come up with a song to the tune of 80's film  FLASH GORDON (for those not in the know the actor Sam Jones played him in the film)   could he be the saviour or the mariners!!!!

Pick one from this list...please not the Aqua one though
http://www.songfacts.com/search-songs-1.php?Jones
Posted by: chaos33, February 1, 2017, 5:50pm; Reply: 10
Moosey - as I understood it from the Aspin quote, Jones didn't laugh at our interest - it was said that he laughed when told of the details of the bid. If you knew what that initial bid was you'd have laughed too   ;)
Clearly he was interested.  :)
Posted by: Saudimariner, February 1, 2017, 8:34pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Grimsby2012
His name is sam, oh oh, he really likes jam oh oh. his name is sam, oh oh and he likes jam, oh oh......

Try the Python version - "We like Samalot, he eats ham and jam and spamalot".....(I'll get me coat)
Posted by: fiveallive, February 2, 2017, 6:02pm; Reply: 12
One thing i would say about Neil Aspin he has a good eye for talent helped the careers of Jamie Vardy and Lee Gregory and the Halifax team a couple of years back wasn't a bad side with the likes FB Touray i think he sold him on aswell, Matty Pearson went up to League two and Marc Roberts cb went to barnsley aswell i think.

The recruitment he does is okay, i could see Macus Bignot try to get him on the coaching team if he got sacked by Gateshead.
Posted by: Posh Harry, February 2, 2017, 6:21pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from fiveallive
One thing i would say about Neil Aspin he has a good eye for talent helped the careers of Jamie Vardy and Lee Gregory and the Halifax team a couple of years back wasn't a bad side with the likes FB Touray i think he sold him on aswell, Matty Pearson went up to League two and Marc Roberts cb went to barnsley aswell i think.

The recruitment he does is okay, i could see Macus Bignot try to get him on the coaching team if he got sacked by Gateshead.

Only 3 things to say to the thought of Neil Aspin joining the coaching team.......

NO NO NO
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 2, 2017, 6:24pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from fiveallive

Fcuk That!
Posted by: Garth, February 2, 2017, 7:03pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from fiveallive

Your jesting  ;D ;D ;D
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 4:19am