Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 17, 2017, 12:24pm
http://www.eastleighfc.com/2017/01/17/offer-received-for-coulson/

Could he be our target that has come out of the blue?

Edit: He seems to have 'retweeted' Adi Yussuf goal against Hartlepool ... possibly means nothing, but you never know these days
Posted by: springstomind, January 17, 2017, 12:48pm; Reply: 1
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/14787623.amp?client=safari

The price would certainly be interesting after these shouts.
Posted by: Garth, January 17, 2017, 12:49pm; Reply: 2
Not tearing up too many trees at Eastleigh, so think this is red herring
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, January 17, 2017, 12:52pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Edit: He seems to have 'retweeted' Adi Yussuf goal against Hartlepool ... possibly means nothing, but you never know these days
They both played in the same team at Oxford City.

Last year Ronnie Moore when he was manager, he said Luke Coulson is hot property, but the Chairman wouldn't sell unless a really big offer came in 1million+.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 17, 2017, 12:57pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Garth
Not tearing up too many trees at Eastleigh, so think this is red herring

Tearing up enough trees to have an offer tabled that is allowing him to talk to a league club. Not saying it is us but don't get why it's a red herring.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 17, 2017, 1:04pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
They both played in the same team at Oxford City.

Last year Ronnie Moore when he was manager, he said Luke Coulson is hot property, but the Chairman wouldn't sell unless a really big offer came in 1million+.

What's Ronnie Moore doing now?
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, January 17, 2017, 1:05pm; Reply: 6
Eastleigh signed Constable for a previous record fee of 70K, they broke that record fee by bringing in Coulson with a sell-on clause.
Quoted from HertsGTFC
What's Ronnie Moore doing now?
Not sure, he left the club in November last year.
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, January 17, 2017, 2:05pm; Reply: 7
The Telegraph have already tweeted this and it will probably be their back page tomorrow. Their source told them apparently  :)
Posted by: Laddy89, January 17, 2017, 10:15pm; Reply: 8
Signing for Barnet I think so won't be coming to us
Posted by: chaos33, January 17, 2017, 10:18pm; Reply: 9
We don't need a right back anyway. We need a winger or two.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 17, 2017, 10:22pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Laddy89

They must have coughed up the £1 Million
Posted by: chaos33, January 17, 2017, 10:23pm; Reply: 11
Lol
Posted by: ginnywings, January 17, 2017, 10:41pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from chaos33
We don't need a right back anyway. We need a winger or two.

He is a winger isn't he?
Posted by: Laddy89, January 18, 2017, 12:06am; Reply: 13
Can someone explain to me how this forum works.

I make a comment last week about macca joining Clee town from Harrogate the day before it was announced. And got loads of people red crossing my comment.

Commented above about Coulson joining us and I stated he's gone to Barnet. 2 Red Cross dislikes lol

People don't like facts no?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 18, 2017, 12:14am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Laddy89
Can someone explain to me how this forum works.

I make a comment last week about macca joining Clee town from Harrogate the day before it was announced. And got loads of people red crossing my comment.

Commented above about Coulson joining us and I stated he's gone to Barnet. 2 Red Cross dislikes lol

People don't like facts no?

We live in a 'post-truth' age.
Posted by: Brazilnut, January 18, 2017, 12:15am; Reply: 15
Mate ignore the red crosses they mean nothing
Posted by: Rik e B, January 18, 2017, 6:59am; Reply: 16
Turn them off in your settings pal, then speak freely not giving a fook about falling into line
Posted by: crusty ole pie, January 18, 2017, 7:48am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Laddy89

Signed last night

21:15
BARNET SIGN WINGER

Barnet have signed winger Luke Coulson from National League side Eastleigh for an undisclosed fee

The 22-year-old makes the move after reportedly attracting interest from Sky Bet Championship clubs after netting six goals in four games during September and October.
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 18, 2017, 7:52am; Reply: 18
Have Barnet got some money behind them? They sigend a player for £100k last week as well.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 18, 2017, 7:58am; Reply: 19
Thry have got money. Think it's something to do with the sale of their old ground going through.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, January 18, 2017, 8:52am; Reply: 20
Who was the player they signed for €100k?
Posted by: barralad, January 18, 2017, 9:07am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Thry have got money. Think it's something to do with the sale of their old ground going through.

They also have substantial seven day a week income streams from their new stadium.
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 18, 2017, 9:21am; Reply: 22
Barnet make a ton of money from non-matchday stuff at their ground (conferencing, gym facilities, hiring out 3G pitches, usage as a training base for visiting overseas clubs and national teams playing in London). Their chairman is on record stating the extra revenue they generate from the place allows them to sign higher caliber players.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 18, 2017, 9:31am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Chrisblor
Barnet make a ton of money from non-matchday stuff at their ground (conferencing, gym facilities, hiring out 3G pitches, usage as a training base for visiting overseas clubs and national teams playing in London). Their chairman is on record stating the extra revenue they generate from the place allows them to sign higher caliber players.

It's also a community hub kind of thing which I think they get a load of subsidy/funding for from Brent Council, coupled with the above and the money that is still coming in from the sale of Underhill they are in a good place. I have hired the conference room a few times and though not the biggest the operation is really well run.

If we have any savvy we should be talking to them and others in a similar position including other sports to understand what and how they do things just in case our mythical new stadium eventually gets built.    
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 18, 2017, 10:41am; Reply: 24
Whilst I don't disagree that is the model we should be following in terms of facilities to be used on a daily basis rather than 23 times a year, it's important to remember the location factor here.

Barnet's new ground is served by excellent transport links that give very easy access to the centre of London but is also far north enough to be accessed by car.   The number of people living or working within a ten mile radius is absolutely massive.    Regardless of where we build our stadium in North East Lincolnshire, it will still be serving the same 150,000-200,000 people.

We won't be hosting the World Economic Forum just yet.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 18, 2017, 10:55am; Reply: 25
Quoted from diehardmariner
Whilst I don't disagree that is the model we should be following in terms of facilities to be used on a daily basis rather than 23 times a year, it's important to remember the location factor here.

Barnet's new ground is served by excellent transport links that give very easy access to the centre of London but is also far north enough to be accessed by car.   The number of people living or working within a ten mile radius is absolutely massive.    Regardless of where we build our stadium in North East Lincolnshire, it will still be serving the same 150,000-200,000 people.

We won't be hosting the World Economic Forum just yet.

I don't see you point other than it's blatantly obvious that if you build something in Greater London it will be different to anywhere else in the UK.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 18, 2017, 11:41am; Reply: 26
Well the point I was making was th....

Nah, forget it.
Posted by: 97 (Guest), January 18, 2017, 11:48am; Reply: 27
Its a tougher gig filling conference facilities up north (esp NE Lincs) than it is down south. Even Harrogate conference centre is making a loss at the moment and they've got the whole legal financial sector of Leeds to go at. Presuming Youngs aren't going to alternate with Norris the Rubberman every other week. Also loads of building going on across the river to compete with.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 18, 2017, 11:50am; Reply: 28
Quoted from 97
Its a tougher gig filling conference facilities up north (esp NE Lincs) than it is down south. Even Harrogate conference centre is making a loss at the moment and they've got the whole legal financial sector of Leeds to go at. Presuming Youngs aren't going to alternate with Norris the Rubberman every other week. Also loads of building going on across the river to compete with.

Thank you.  What I was trying to say.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 18, 2017, 12:02pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from diehardmariner

Thank you.  What I was trying to say.

Fair point I reckon.
Posted by: Posh Harry, January 18, 2017, 1:38pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Who was the player they signed for €100k?

Ricardo santos from Peterborough. Seen him a couple of times. Absolute lump with touch of a carthorse and has a massive mistake in him just waiting to happen.

Clearly they rate him though!!
Posted by: Rik e B, January 18, 2017, 1:57pm; Reply: 31
^ sounds like a steal!   :-/

With regards to conferencing etc. at a new ground, we can only make the most of the potential possibilities of our area. Of course we wouldn't come close to Barnet but speaking to people like them who have made a success of things a great idea.
Posted by: SpudUDontLike, January 18, 2017, 5:18pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Eastleigh signed Constable for a previous record fee of 70K, they broke that record fee by bringing in Coulson with a sell-on clause.Not sure, he left the club in November last year.

There's a Ronnie Moore football centre in Rotherham. Bit tatty but well used by lots of kids. Not seen him there yet so can only assume he's out the back doing sandwiches, coffees and suchlike.
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 8:17am