Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, January 16, 2017, 4:56pm
It sounds like gateshead are keen after all http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gatesheads-leading-goalscorer-stay-tyneside-12461742
Posted by: Garth, January 16, 2017, 5:12pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from The Grim Reaper

Really! reads like a mile away to me
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 16, 2017, 5:17pm; Reply: 2
No new developments from last week in reality.
Posted by: Tommy, January 16, 2017, 5:23pm; Reply: 3
"Come and get him"

"Gateshead are keen after all"

2 silly things to say as the article does not suggest either.

To me it reads like they want to keep him but he may leave for the right price.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 16, 2017, 6:06pm; Reply: 4
If we've made 3 bids and are the only club in for him we should let our last bid stand and wait.
Posted by: HotToddy, January 16, 2017, 7:05pm; Reply: 5
They said he wasn't for sale last week, now it seems they are saying he might be but at the right price.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 16, 2017, 7:20pm; Reply: 6
Come on Gateshead - straight swap Jones for Berrett and a kit of haddock.
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 16, 2017, 7:21pm; Reply: 7
Things change throughout transfer windows, players are for sale then aren't and vice versa. 9/10 the eventual outcome is what the player in question wants.
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 16, 2017, 7:23pm; Reply: 8
I'd offer Berrett and Vernon for Osborne and Asante and then Gowling and Jones for Sam Jones and on top of that we need genuine cover at left back and another winger, we've only got 2 proper wingers now.
Posted by: Tommy, January 16, 2017, 7:42pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Mariner_09
I'd offer Berrett and Vernon for Osborne and Asante and then Gowling and Jones for Sam Jones and on top of that we need genuine cover at left back and another winger, we've only got 2 proper wingers now.

You think those 4 players (some of whom are on 2 year deals here) will just happily leave here to go to midtable conference clubs?
Posted by: gtfc98, January 16, 2017, 7:45pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Tommy

You think those 4 players (some of whom are on 2 year deals here) will just happily leave here to go to midtable conference clubs?

Berret, Summerfield and Vernon should just be thankful they're not heading to a conference north club!!
Posted by: ginnywings, January 16, 2017, 7:46pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Tommy

You can swap any player you want on a computer game. It's easy.  ;)
Posted by: thevera, January 16, 2017, 7:48pm; Reply: 12
Do you know how much a kit of Haddock has been making Old Codger?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 16, 2017, 7:50pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from thevera
Do you know how much a kit of Haddock has been making Old Codger?

That's why our chairman/major shareholder needs to be a fish merchant!  ;D
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 16, 2017, 8:09pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ginnywings

You can swap any player you want on a computer game. It's easy.  ;)

You might have something there Ginny "player plus cash" maybe the only way to exit players surplus to requirements.  
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 16, 2017, 9:24pm; Reply: 15
I like the quote they have invested a lot of time and money in him, hes only been there 6 months and if hes sold they wont need to pay his next 18 months wages. ;D
Posted by: 75 (Guest), January 16, 2017, 9:47pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Mariner_09

Unfortunately, MB isn't playing Football Manager 2017. Our players would have to agree to join a non league club, I'm not sure if Gateshead or Solihull are full time? Gateshead and Solihull would have to at least match our players contracts, that's without thinking about probable relocation costs and the stigma of becoming non league players. Not looking likely this one.
Posted by: Chris Packit, January 16, 2017, 11:27pm; Reply: 17
Isn't it the case that if a club terminates a player's contract he would receive less than the full value of that contract. The club signing him would then pay the balance so that the player is not out of pocket In that scenario a National League club could afford a player from a Football League club as when we signed Gregor Robertson from Northampton.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 16, 2017, 11:36pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Chris Packit
Isn't it the case that if a club terminates a player's contract he would receive less than the full value of that contract. The club signing him would then pay the balance so that the player is not out of pocket In that scenario a National League club could afford a player from a Football League club as when we signed Gregor Robertson from Northampton.

It would probably only amount to a small reduction for paying up early (sort of 'interest' really). The other thing that might come into play is if the player isn't being picked he won't be getting any bonuses so he'll be on his basic, and that might help move the balance in favour of a transfer. Have no idea what percentage of his pay packet this would amount to though.
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 5:23am