Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), January 14, 2017, 7:38pm
Win or lose, Grimsby are my Club and with fifteen minutes left I was disappointed to see the mass exodus. So we had a bad day, gave to much respect to Exeter with our defensive formation, excuses etc.

Margins are fine, today we didn't have much luck and at times the referee favoured Exeter. Last week I went to Hartlepool and was proud to be part of the Club. It's been nearly a month since we lost but why can't you back the players when things don't go to plan?

We move on together, to the next games, Notts County then Stevenage - I'll be there, win or lose. UTM
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 14, 2017, 7:54pm; Reply: 1

Like many others I left with 10 minutes to go and the game was clearly lost which I am perfectly entitled to do as a season ticket holder.
I will still be 100% behind Town every time I attend games.

As you rightly say - I'll be there, win or lose. UTM
Posted by: ginnywings, January 14, 2017, 9:01pm; Reply: 2
One of our group left because he has a debilitating illness and was freezing to the point he was dithering. Is that alright with you? I hate all this pointing the finger at the fans, as though it makes a difference whether they decide to leave early or not. The game was gone and nothing was happening. Even if everyone had started to sing at the tops of their voices, there was no coming back. Three of our group remained and clapped off the teams, especially Exeter but it doesn't make us better fans than the one of us who left, or anyone else for that matter.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 14, 2017, 9:13pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from 28195
Win or lose, Grimsby are my Club and with fifteen minutes left I was disappointed to see the mass exodus. So we had a bad day, gave to much respect to Exeter with our defensive formation, excuses etc.

Margins are fine, today we didn't have much luck and at times the referee favoured Exeter. Last week I went to Hartlepool and was proud to be part of the Club. It's been nearly a month since we lost but why can't you back the players when things don't go to plan?

We move on together, to the next games, Notts County then Stevenage - I'll be there, win or lose. UTM

Well done. As a paying STH, Grimsby Town fan of 48 years, I, along with others, reserve the right to leave if I want. Today, particularly after half-time was a shambles, including not mentioning Graham Taylor's playing career in the tribute, culminating in a disrespectful interview with the manager who got it wrong today.

Bad day at the office - maybe - but our home form is not getting any better and today reminded me of the dark days of non-league, so I left (and it was cold!)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 14, 2017, 9:17pm; Reply: 4
I stuck around till the end, always do but I can't remember the ground emptying like that for a long while.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 14, 2017, 9:22pm; Reply: 5
I never leave early just in case I miss a wonder goal or the world's must unlikely comeback. I don't blame anyone else for leaving though, that was shite.
Posted by: RichMariner, January 14, 2017, 10:32pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I never leave early just in case I miss a wonder goal or the world's must unlikely comeback. I don't blame anyone else for leaving though, that was shite.

Same. Only a few weeks ago AFC Wimbledon did a remarkable comeback to win 4-3 from 3-0 down with 10 minutes to go.

Once in a lifetime stuff, I know, but while there are minutes on the clock you never know!

If anything freaky happens, I'll know for sure that I'll see it  :)
Posted by: ponnyfan, January 14, 2017, 11:32pm; Reply: 7
Never leave early....might creep towards the exit...but never leave before the whistle 😞
Posted by: TAGG, January 15, 2017, 12:14am; Reply: 8
Quoted from 28195

Fuk it I left with 10 to go.
That may be bad but not as bad as the Manager and the team leaving after 45 minutes
😛
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 15, 2017, 12:20am; Reply: 9
Quoted from 28195

A lot of us will be but what is your point? Do we have to stay for every single second of every single game when we are 3-0 down at home?

Why bother to go after the final whistle - lets wait till the players have warmed down (or warmed up in some cases) had a bath, got on the team bus and ordered a takeaway.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 15, 2017, 12:40am; Reply: 10

A lot of us will be but what is your point? Do we have to stay for every single second of every single game when we are 3-0 down at home?

Why bother to go after the final whistle - lets wait till the players have warmed down (or warmed up in some cases) had a bath, got on the team bus and ordered a takeaway.

Agree, I'll have a 53 with fried rice :)
Posted by: GYinScuntland, January 15, 2017, 12:55am; Reply: 11
Sorry if I disappointed fellow supporters but after the third went in I dicked off and was home a lot sooner than normal. As is my right.
It gave me a more time to faff around on that interney thing booking trains and hotels for the next few away games.
Posted by: grimps, January 15, 2017, 6:48am; Reply: 12
I've heard people say that you wouldn't leave a film early at the cinema , Well I would if I knew how it ended and seen the same film 100s of times before.
There are no medals for staying till the end and maybe the players walking off the pitch to an empty stadium will give them the kick up the bottom needed so nothing like that happens again.
Posted by: Davec, January 15, 2017, 9:12am; Reply: 13
Ahh the leaving early argument again

Personally I have never left early and never will, but if people do want to leave early it is totally their prerogative, like it is our prerogative to choose to stay.

I don't blame people for leaving early after yesterday's abysmal performance.
Posted by: Garth, January 15, 2017, 9:27am; Reply: 14
I left five minutes early because it was the worst home match from a Town point of view that I`ve seen for many a year and I`d had enough after the second gift goal.
Posted by: ska face, January 15, 2017, 9:39am; Reply: 15
Just a quick reminder for everyone who leaves early - nobody's really interested in your parting comments as you head for the exit. There's always a large number walking out who can't resist telling everyone else that they're leaving because it's excrement - we know, we've been watching too. Same goes for those in the main stand who can't resist spouting off at the manager on the way. Seen countless problems starting over the years because of this.

Leave whenever you like, but don't expect everyone else to join you on the basis of you looking back into the stand shouting "fooking rubbish!"  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 15, 2017, 9:59am; Reply: 16
Quoted from ska face
Just a quick reminder for everyone who leaves early - nobody's really interested in your parting comments as you head for the exit. There's always a large number walking out who can't resist telling everyone else that they're leaving because it's excrement - we know, we've been watching too. Same goes for those in the main stand who can't resist spouting off at the manager on the way. Seen countless problems starting over the years because of this.

Leave whenever you like, but don't expect everyone else to join you on the basis of you looking back into the stand shouting "fooking rubbish!"  

What if you decide to leave without making a parting comment? Any advice for those of us who prefer to vent our spleen on here?

Listen (to quote Mr Bignot) - I totally agree with you - but I wasn't aware that you had to follow a Code of Conduct to be a Town fan, I thought if you pay to watch, you are, within reason, allowed to have such thing as an opinion.
Posted by: ska face, January 15, 2017, 10:04am; Reply: 17
Who's calling for a code of conduct? I'm merely pointing out that these attention seekers are a set of boring illegitimates, in the main, and their attempts to get a pat on the back very rarely result in anything other than someone telling them to hurry up out the way.
Posted by: robborhino, January 15, 2017, 10:09am; Reply: 18
it only annoys me when people leave when its currently a draw or only 1 goal in it, yesterday when the 3rd goal went it I couldn't blame anyone for leaving early.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 15, 2017, 10:22am; Reply: 19
If you want to leave a match early.................... why not start watching Sunderland-they regularly get into a match losing position before half-time.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 15, 2017, 10:25am; Reply: 20
Quoted from ska face
Who's calling for a code of conduct? I'm merely pointing out that these attention seekers are a set of boring illegitimates, in the main, and their attempts to get a pat on the back very rarely result in anything other than someone telling them to hurry up out the way.

Sorry to point this out - but who are you to say 'don't do this, don't do that' - if someone pays their entrance fee, they can say WTF they like, same as those who leave early or those that stay till the end, those that moan on here etc. - maybe some of those that moan when they're leaving don't have The Fishy as a means to vent their spleen.
Posted by: Grantley, January 15, 2017, 10:36am; Reply: 21
What irritated me was the first goal yesterday. Though it was at the 30 minute mark, quite a few people just got up and went downstairs (from the Upper anyway).
Posted by: ska face, January 15, 2017, 10:38am; Reply: 22
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Sorry to point this out - but who are you to say 'don't do this, don't do that' - if someone pays their entrance fee, they can say WTF they like, same as those who leave early or those that stay till the end, those that moan on here etc. - maybe some of those that moan when they're leaving don't have The Fishy as a means to vent their spleen.

They can of course do what they like, doesn't make them any less of an attention seeking boring illegitimate though does it?

Had some bloke come up and tell us he was "going home to watch paint dry yesterday"...sound. Off you pop then mate, not arsed.

Happens every week. What do they want? A medal?

People walking down the front of the stand shouting at everyone else still sat there that it's rubbish, as if everyone else is going to suddenly jump up and say "oh yeah, he's right, let's leave too". Week in, week out. Tiresome.

But then I've already gone over this, and you've missed the point.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 15, 2017, 10:39am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Grantley
What irritated me was the first goal yesterday. Though it was at the 30 minute mark, quite a few people just got up and went downstairs (from the Upper anyway).

Reid's goal in the 41st minute - a pretty reasonable time to go to the bar!
Posted by: Grantley, January 15, 2017, 10:43am; Reply: 24
Made a fool of myself there :o
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), January 15, 2017, 11:26am; Reply: 25
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well done. As a paying STH, Grimsby Town fan of 48 years, I, along with others, reserve the right to leave if I want. Today, particularly after half-time was a shambles, including not mentioning Graham Taylor's playing career in the tribute, culminating in a disrespectful interview with the manager who got it wrong today.

Bad day at the office - maybe - but our home form is not getting any better and today reminded me of the dark days of non-league, so I left (and it was cold!)

My sympathy goes out to you, more excuses, the scale was embarrassing, we clearly have 2 sets of fans.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, January 15, 2017, 6:12pm; Reply: 26
I have left after 49 minutes (Sheffield United at home) previously and around 55 minutes another time (Rochdale IIRR at home) and something similar at two away games (Braintree and Rotherham). Sometimes it's just not worth it.
Posted by: Grimal, January 15, 2017, 6:36pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Paris Mariner
I have left after 49 minutes (Sheffield United at home) previously and around 55 minutes another time (Rochdale IIRR at home) and something similar at two away games (Braintree and Rotherham). Sometimes it's just not worth it.

So you missed Amond's and Bogle's goals then ?  ;) I'm pleased I didn't leave that game early but I bet some did. :)

Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 15, 2017, 7:15pm; Reply: 28
It's distracting and people block the view when they're leaving early. Bad manners.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 15, 2017, 7:30pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from KingstonMariner
It's distracting and people block the view when they're leaving early. Bad manners.

That's true. Two lads i used to play footy with left early and stopped in front of us to tell us how bad we were. My brother said "yeah i know, we're watching it too, at least we were until you stood in front of us".
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 12:21pm