Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), January 12, 2017, 7:22am
It's often strange to see the reaction of supporters when they get excited about a player that comes in but then flatters to deceive. But it's even more intriguing to see the new player that comes in and quietly and efficiently goes about his business. For me Yussaf is that player.

Yussaf has pitched up at Grimsby and has played just one full game plus a second half bit-part substitute appearance. But he has slotted in brilliantly and gone about his business, getting two critical goals in that short window.

Because of the transfer window and concerns about Omar staying, we seem to of sort of overlooked just how well he has hit the floor running, and the excitement level is fairly low around him.

It's clear from his interview that he himself is a laid back and understated person, a quality that I really like.

But I think we might just have unearthed a real gem in Yussaf and I think he is going to be a really good acquisition.

Really looking forward to seeing more of him
Posted by: BeijingMariner, January 12, 2017, 8:24am; Reply: 1
agree with everything you say
Posted by: Garth, January 12, 2017, 8:49am; Reply: 2
Will Comley be available for Saturday?
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 12, 2017, 8:52am; Reply: 3
I have got a good feeling that Marcus and his management team know a  lot of good players similar to Adi,

Good times are ahead  8)
Posted by: TAGG, January 12, 2017, 9:37am; Reply: 4
Good Recruitment seems to be the be all and end all for managers in our days.
Teams like West Ham & Palace have brought in numbers but no quality teams like Hull, Cheltenham & Leicester have basically stuck with what they had and are all doing crap.
IMO PH was by and large good with his recruitment so I hope MB is just as good.
If Adi is anything to go by we should be okay UTM
Posted by: Trawler, January 12, 2017, 9:39am; Reply: 5
His name is Yussuf, not Yussaf.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 12, 2017, 9:49am; Reply: 6
Quoted from TAGG
Good Recruitment seems to be the be all and end all for managers in our days.
Teams like West Ham & Palace have brought in numbers but no quality teams like Hull, Cheltenham & Leicester have basically stuck with what they had and are all doing crap.
IMO PH was by and large good with his recruitment so I hope MB is just as good.
If Adi is anything to go by we should be okay UTM

Agree with this and the above but noting Leicester though their dealings have been iffy are in the knock out stages of the Champions league
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 12, 2017, 9:50am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Garth
Will Comley be available for Saturday?

As things stand, no. If QPR let us extend his loan before then (or sell him to us), yes.
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 12, 2017, 11:45am; Reply: 8
Some clubs are good at investment. Southampton sell their best players every year but then churn out top 10 finishes every season after they spend wisely and make a shed load of profit through a fantastic youth system and buying players who aren't expensive but flourish, Mane for example cost them £6m, they sold him for £34m!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 12, 2017, 11:46am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Chrisblor

As things stand, no. If QPR let us extend his loan before then (or sell him to us), yes.

Does anyone know is he still training with GTFC?
Posted by: hheh2, January 12, 2017, 12:01pm; Reply: 10
That settles it then,
Anyone know a song or ballad that rhymes with Yussuf?
Posted by: Cloudy, January 12, 2017, 12:14pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Does anyone know is he still training with GTFC?

Pretty sure he has gone back for Holloway to have a closer look in training. Probably know for sure when the media mob do their press conference today with MB
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 12, 2017, 12:32pm; Reply: 12
I for one am really looking forward to seeing Yussuf play, scored twice by all accounts made a nuisance of himself and caused defenders problems.

I also hope that since we are at home he replaces Comley with Vose as we don't need 3 defensive midfielders at home.

Henderson
   Boyce Pearson Collins
Davies Mills Disley Andrew
              Vose
         Bogle Yussuf

Bench: McKeown, Gunning, Bolarinwa, Jackson, Vernon, Venney, Jones
Posted by: Garth, January 12, 2017, 1:21pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Chrisblor

Thanks for that, maybe an ease in for McAllister during the second half  
Posted by: Cayman_mariner, January 12, 2017, 1:34pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from hheh2
That settles it then,
Anyone know a song or ballad that rhymes with Yussuf?

Not sure about the rhyming part bud I did see one of our posters - sorry can't remember who - mention the Monkees song which I thought was excellent:

"Then I saw Yussuf, now I'm a believer!!"  

Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 2:51pm