Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Posh Harry, January 9, 2017, 3:04pm
Hi all

As an exile I wanted to go to the Stevenage game but nothing showing on town website or Twitter about tickets.

Called today and town are expecting 700 tickets later this week. I don't know (as I am not one) but I assume they will be for season ticket holders at least initially and with this being a game that people can get to on the train then I would expect us to sell out.

I looked on Stevenage website and it directed me to http://www.borotickets.co.uk. You can book tickets now for the game which I have done, so an opportunity for those exiles among use to get to an away game and I know there are lots of you in the south and London that would want to go. The max you can book online is 6 and I needed 10 so I called the club on 01438 223223. Ticket office is option 4 but it is also the club shop so could be busy. I tried a few times and got no answer so called the main line and someone sent them an email for me and a nice lady called Janet called back within 5 mins. Very friendly and very efficient, she booked over the telephone and is sending them through the post (£2.50 charge and need signing for on delivery).

The website is easy to view and you can choose your tickets in one of 2 blocks that they currently have available, the greyed out seats are the tickets being sent to the club so you can only book in blocks d and e (note e is the family block).

Cost is £22 for adult as it is a cat A game and discount already applied and under 16 £10 and under 12 £8.

Hope that is useful for some of you exiles. Look forward to seeing you all there.

UTFM
Posted by: Cloudy, January 9, 2017, 3:17pm; Reply: 1
So an exile can get 10 tickets yet a season ticket holder can't? Bit of role reversal? ;)
Posted by: nigelh, January 9, 2017, 4:31pm; Reply: 2
According to the [url=http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-two/broadhall-way-stevenage.html]football ground guide[/url], the away end holds  up to 1,400 supporters and part of the Main Stand can also be given to visiting supporters, bringing the total allocation up to 2,000.
I wouldn't think  we would need more than that.
Having said that, even  if it's not all-ticket, I may well get  one from the Stevenage site to save aggrevation on the day
Thanks for the heads-up Posh Harry
Posted by: moosey_club, January 9, 2017, 4:40pm; Reply: 3
Nice work PH......splutter splutter cough cough...for clarification ... Posh Harry  
Posted by: marinernige, January 9, 2017, 6:08pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from nigelh
According to the [url=http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-two/broadhall-way-stevenage.html]football ground guide[/url], the away end holds  up to 1,400 supporters and part of the Main Stand can also be given to visiting supporters, bringing the total allocation up to 2,000.
I wouldn't think  we would need more than that.
Having said that, even  if it's not all-ticket, I may well get  one from the Stevenage site to save aggrevation on the day
Thanks for the heads-up Posh Harry

Think we may sell all our possible allocation (2000) its a new ground for us , 'town' are going well , everyone's loving the away days .
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 9, 2017, 6:11pm; Reply: 5
Suspect it'll be 4 figures who go, London exiles and people like me who haven't been before.
Posted by: marinernige, January 9, 2017, 6:19pm; Reply: 6
Town have never played there , so most , if not all town fans have never been there .
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 9, 2017, 6:30pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from marinernige
Town have never played there , so most , if not all town fans have never been there .

I've been a few times, its a small ground and the away end is possibly the best stand. Don't park in the car park across the road though as it takes ages to get out, there is parking in the near by retail parks some are controlled some are not.

There are three pubs close to the ground that are usually away friendly but that may change when they see the volume of town fans coming. I would drink closer to the ground than in the Towncentre as anything that looks like a football crowd in that part of town will send the locals into meltdown.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 9, 2017, 6:51pm; Reply: 8
Match Tickets booked.
Train Tickets booked (8 week ago).
New Ground.

Can't wait..............
Posted by: Southernboy, January 9, 2017, 7:13pm; Reply: 9
Excellent thanks for the heads up - 6 or 7 for us Reading/Stevenage Mariners
Posted by: moosey_club, January 9, 2017, 8:03pm; Reply: 10
Tickets available through the club shop according to the O.S....Two per season ticket holder til Weds.....Trust members one each Wednesday...general sale Thurs
Posted by: immariner, January 9, 2017, 9:14pm; Reply: 11
122 sold already direct from Stevenage. Going to be a sell out this one!
Posted by: GYinScuntland, January 9, 2017, 9:19pm; Reply: 12
I like the fact you can pick your seat via the Stevenage site and collect on the day saving postage.
Posted by: Eastendmariner, January 9, 2017, 9:22pm; Reply: 13
lol  ;D

cant do this cant do that  when your a exile this is what we want
Posted by: mariner91, January 9, 2017, 9:25pm; Reply: 14
Hoping I can make this one. Would be good if we could take at least 1500.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, January 10, 2017, 12:04am; Reply: 15
Thanks for the heads-up Posh Harry.  Will check this out tomorrow and get it booked.  Train tickets are about £11 return (from Kings Cross).

I panicked a bit when I heard we'd only been given 700, but looks now like we'll get plenty and should top 1000.  Similar travel to Cambridge really.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, January 10, 2017, 12:17am; Reply: 16
Ah sodomist it; just logged on and bought a ticket!  Very good booking site.  Easy User Experience.

Looks like they've sent the two central blocks to GTFC and left the outer ones for direct sale to exiles.

I have the feeling this could turn into another great away day.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, January 10, 2017, 12:30am; Reply: 17
11 of us sorted on the same row.
Very impressive booking system even if you can only buy six at a time.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 10, 2017, 1:47am; Reply: 18
Booked tickets direct from Stevenage in one of the two central blocks so it doesn't look  there's a straight split between the tickets they've sent to Grimsby and the ones they're selling themselves.

PS thanks for posting the link Posh.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 10, 2017, 8:21am; Reply: 19
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Ah sodomist it; just logged on and bought a ticket!  Very good booking site.  Easy User Experience.

Looks like they've sent the two central blocks to GTFC and left the outer ones for direct sale to exiles.

I have the feeling this could turn into another great away day.

The "outer blocks" are o.k. to be honest mate you'll still get a decent view.
Posted by: Fat Cobra, January 10, 2017, 9:17am; Reply: 20
excrement I pressed option 5 and I'm now a mascot for the match, think Fentie will let me rent mighty mariner outfit?
Posted by: GrimRob, January 10, 2017, 10:18am; Reply: 21
Buying tickets online and picking your seat is something every club should do. People are more likely to buy tickets a few days ahead.
Posted by: Kristine, January 10, 2017, 10:23am; Reply: 22
Stevenage have sold 69 tickets on their site to us so far.  

In relation to extra seating in their main stand won't be happening for this game. 1390 is our lot.
Posted by: nigelh, January 10, 2017, 11:59am; Reply: 23
Just booked tickets to collect on day from Stevenage site.
I hope Southern Rail & TLF behave themselves  :)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 10, 2017, 12:12pm; Reply: 24
Despite being a STH and coming up for the Exeter and Notts County games I booked my tickets through Stevenage's web site, really simple and hassle free. More H&A fans would by tickets for BP on line if they could choose their seat I'm sure.
Posted by: LH, January 10, 2017, 12:24pm; Reply: 25
It really annoys me that I can't ring up/book online to reserve my ST seat for Cup games but they can get "as close as they can". In theory I could be stood in the car park and they can't get my exact seat if I book on my phone - but can go in the shop and get it.
Posted by: immariner, January 10, 2017, 2:20pm; Reply: 26
Tickets no longer available to buy from the above link.
Posted by: nigelh, January 10, 2017, 2:25pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from immariner
Tickets no longer available to buy from the above link.

That's odd.  I wonder why.
I trust that tickets already ordered and paid for will be honoured.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 10, 2017, 3:10pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from nigelh

That's odd.  I wonder why.
I trust that tickets already ordered and paid for will be honoured.

It would be really poor if this was on the back of a request from GTFC wouldn't it?  
Posted by: GYinScuntland, January 10, 2017, 5:35pm; Reply: 29
There's something not quite right. I've already bought 6 and got the confirmation email.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 10, 2017, 6:27pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from GYinScuntland
There's something not quite right. I've already bought 6 and got the confirmation email.

Tried calling them today but could not get through, I will pop in tomorrow on my way past I think just in case.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, January 10, 2017, 7:09pm; Reply: 31
Just gone online to buy tickets - not selling to away fans....
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, January 10, 2017, 8:06pm; Reply: 32
Glad I got mine in the nick of time.  I can only imagine they were starting to get inundated and were worried they'd end up selling tickets that had already been sent to Grimsby or something!
Posted by: GYinScuntland, January 10, 2017, 8:07pm; Reply: 33
Something smells.
You can still buy away tickets for other games on their website.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 10, 2017, 8:19pm; Reply: 34
Something smells.
You can still buy away tickets for other games on their website.

Maybe they have sold all the tickets they haven't sent to Grimsby.
Posted by: iimariner, January 10, 2017, 8:40pm; Reply: 35
Got my ticket over the phone this morning as my online order failed - easy to get through and very friendly and efficient.  See you all there !
Posted by: nigelh, January 10, 2017, 10:05pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Maybe they have sold all the tickets they haven't sent to Grimsby.

I doubt that.  Capacity is 1400 and 700 were given to GTFC to sell.
That leaves 700 on the Stevenage site.
When I bought mine this morning  there was plenty of availability.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 10, 2017, 10:23pm; Reply: 37
Weird. Even bigger thanks to Posh for putting up the link yesterday.
Posted by: Welwynmariner, January 10, 2017, 11:23pm; Reply: 38
I ordered mine last night because I knew I would be going to Stevenage anyway this morning and I could pick them up (which is what I did)

The lady in the office said they were being inundated by our fans booking tickets direct.

Maybe Town were worried that they would be left with lots on their hands.
Posted by: nigelh, January 11, 2017, 2:43pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Welwynmariner
The lady in the office said they were being inundated by our fans booking tickets direct.
Maybe Town were worried that they would be left with lots on their hands.

I think that may well be the case..
If you live away from Grimsby, why would you order from GTFC and have to pay postage  (and possibly take a trip to the sorting office to sign for and pick up the tickets) when you could pay face value and collect on the day from the home club?

Posted by: moosey_club, January 11, 2017, 2:52pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from nigelh

I think that may well be the case..
If you live away from Grimsby, why would you order from GTFC and have to pay postage  (and possibly take a trip to the sorting office to sign for and pick up the tickets) when you could pay face value and collect on the day from the home club?

exactly, god forbid the clubs make it easy for supporters to watch the team  :-/
Posted by: Brazilnut, January 11, 2017, 3:40pm; Reply: 41
for those going ....Virgin trains have a seat sale on at moment till Friday ......it might just be cheaper to get a ticket to London KX and get off at Stevenage ........just make sure train stops Stevenage
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 11, 2017, 4:44pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Brazilnut
for those going ....Virgin trains have a seat sale on at moment till Friday ......it might just be cheaper to get a ticket to London KX and get off at Stevenage ........just make sure train stops Stevenage

Does Stevenage station have ticket barriers though? If it does I doubt it will accept a Kings Cross ticket to get out and you could end up getting fined. If it has no barriers then you should be fine.
Posted by: Brazilnut, January 11, 2017, 5:22pm; Reply: 43
don't think it does and should be fine as you have actually paid for the journey you made , when went to England Scotland last year got tickets to and from York as it was cheaper than getting them from Donny and had no problems at all
Posted by: GYinScuntland, January 11, 2017, 5:28pm; Reply: 44
Les is right, it's an offence to break your journey short with the advance tickets.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 11, 2017, 5:36pm; Reply: 45
Les is right, it's an offence to break your journey short with the advance tickets.

A friend of mine fell foul of this last year. They had tickets to Southampton but alighted at the stop before. They were stopped as the ticket barriers would not let them out and they were charged TWICE the cost of a standard ticket to the station they alighted at.

I have a similar situation when I go up to Scotland. Wierdly the cost of a ticket to the end of the line is half the price of a ticket to the stop I get off at which is 2 stops before the end of the line. However, as the stop I get off at is an unmanned station, I just buy a ticket to the end of the line and alight at the station I want to get off at.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 11, 2017, 5:45pm; Reply: 46
Stevenage station does have barriers and usually a couple of "boarder guards" manning them, they will and often involve BTP with any issues surrounding ticketing.  
Posted by: GYinScuntland, January 11, 2017, 6:09pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Stevenage station does have barriers and usually a couple of "boarder guards" manning them, they will and often involve BTP with any issues surrounding ticketing.  

I seem to recall coming back from Cambridge and changing at Stevenage, I'm sure there were BTP and Railway asset protection working together.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, January 11, 2017, 6:17pm; Reply: 48
Careful guys talking about trains, before we know it Dry Train posters will start going up!!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 11, 2017, 6:25pm; Reply: 49

I seem to recall coming back from Cambridge and changing at Stevenage, I'm sure there were BTP and Railway asset protection working together.

Yup, on and off trains especially at peak times.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 11, 2017, 6:33pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from HertsGTFC

In that case if you were to get a ticket to KX and get off at Stevenage you will more than likely incur a fine.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 11, 2017, 6:52pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Les Brechin

In that case if you were to get a ticket to KX and get off at Stevenage you will more than likely incur a fine.

I am not an expert Les to be honest but I think it would depend on which type ticket you bought. If the rail companies have a sale I think you would still get a decent fare deal if you booked Donny/Peterborough/Newark to Stevenage without the need to book to Kings X. I have done similar before going in the other direction.

Posted by: Welwynmariner, January 11, 2017, 7:30pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from Les Brechin

Does Stevenage station have ticket barriers though? If it does I doubt it will accept a Kings Cross ticket to get out and you could end up getting fined. If it has no barriers then you should be fine.

There are ticket barriers at Stevenage fyi
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 11, 2017, 7:34pm; Reply: 53
For £2 return you can buy a Knebworth to Stevenage ticket as well to get you through the barriers at Stevenage.
Posted by: Welwynmariner, January 11, 2017, 7:42pm; Reply: 54
The other idea might be to get a ticket on Virgin to Peterborough and then get the Great Northern train from Peterborough which stops at Stevenage with a separate ticket?

It takes 50 minutes because it stops at places but at the weekends Great Northern do a Super Off-peak Day return which costs £11.80. A Virgin train takes 30 minutes

Just a thought
Posted by: forza ivano, January 12, 2017, 12:23am; Reply: 55
I'm no corbinistas but doesn't this whole discussion plus the southern trains debacle make you wonder that Corbin is on to something with public ownership of the railways? The whole thing is utter madness
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 12, 2017, 9:54am; Reply: 56
Quoted from forza ivano
I'm no corbinistas but doesn't this whole discussion plus the southern trains debacle make you wonder that Corbin is on to something with public ownership of the railways? The whole thing is utter madness

Funnily enough I bumped him to Corbin at Stevenage railway station a couple of weeks before Christmas, I am a died in the wool labour supporter but I have to say face to face he was really unimpressive TBH.    
Posted by: Welwynmariner, January 12, 2017, 8:01pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from forza ivano

What's really ridiculous is that so many of these so called "private firms" are in fact European state owned railway companies in disguise - like Abellio Greater Anglia/Scotrail is really the Dutch State Railway and Arriva/Chiltern Railways is actually Deutsche Bahn.

If German and Dutch public sector train companies can run railways you wonder why British Rail wasn't able to?
Posted by: moosey_club, January 12, 2017, 8:17pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Funnily enough I bumped him to Corbin at Stevenage railway station a couple of weeks before Christmas, I am a died in the wool labour supporter but I have to say face to face he was really unimpressive TBH.    

Just what does that mean? How was he un-impressive ? Did you sit and discuss a hot topic of the day or is the unimpressive diagnosis based on what he looked like in the flesh ?

Posted by: mimma, January 12, 2017, 8:23pm; Reply: 59
British Rail was able to.

The Tories deliberately run it in to the ground so they could sell it off cheap. They would rather pay private companies subsidies to make a profit, than have a public company running it for the good of the nation.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, January 12, 2017, 8:39pm; Reply: 60
Ticket arrived in the post from Stevenage today!
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, January 12, 2017, 9:36pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from mimma
British Rail was able to.

The Tories deliberately run it in to the ground so they could sell it off cheap. They would rather pay private companies subsidies to make a profit, than have a public company running it for the good of the nation.

Exactly the same as they are doing with the NHS, but with creeping privatisation instead of a mass sale.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 12, 2017, 11:55pm; Reply: 62
And aided and abetted by their gang members in the press with headlines like 'can the NHS survive the crisis' which gives the impression the NHS is going wrong when the problem is demand is outstripping resources.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 12, 2017, 11:57pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Ticket arrived in the post from Stevenage today!

Got mine by hand yesterday, friendly, polite "no problem" service.
Posted by: Cloudy, January 13, 2017, 7:13am; Reply: 64
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Got mine by hand yesterday, friendly, polite "no problem" service.

Had exactly the same service from the GTFC ticket office.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 13, 2017, 8:35am; Reply: 65
Quoted from Cloudy

Had exactly the same service from the GTFC ticket office.

Good to hear, our ticket office if a lot better than it used to be, if you call in the week there is a lady who actually I think does not do ticketing who helps out, she's very helpful and polite.
Posted by: Maringer, January 13, 2017, 10:17am; Reply: 66
Quoted from KingstonMariner
And aided and abetted by their gang members in the press with headlines like 'can the NHS survive the crisis' which gives the impression the NHS is going wrong when the problem is demand is outstripping resources.

Yep. Let's not forget that the Tories are deliberately underfunding the NHS and then lying about what is actually going on:

[img]https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/sites/files/kf/media/uk-nhs-spending-as-a-percentage-of-gdp.jpg[/img]

Whenever the inveterate liars Hunt (or May) say they have increased NHS funding or say stuff about an 'extra' couple of billion coming in here or there (which generally isn't actually new money), just remember that they are telling porky pies. Failure by design is what they are interested in, regardless of the suffering and deaths which will be caused.

We're the 5th wealthiest country in the world and could easily afford one of the best health care services if there was the will to do so. The Tories would prefer to cut taxes for the wealthy and corporations rather than paying for this.

And that doesn't even consider how social care in the country has been gutted due to the swingeing cuts on council funding...

Back on topic, a small chance of me making it to Stevenage for a rare away game, though it's not exactly something that is on my bucket list!
Posted by: PB, January 13, 2017, 11:40am; Reply: 67

As an exile I thought that would find out about Stevenage tickets, and all I get is a party political broadcast!
Please keep this football related.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 13, 2017, 12:43pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from Maringer

Yep. Let's not forget that the Tories are deliberately underfunding the NHS and then lying about what is actually going on:

[img]https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/sites/files/kf/media/uk-nhs-spending-as-a-percentage-of-gdp.jpg[/img]

Whenever the inveterate liars Hunt (or May) say they have increased NHS funding or say stuff about an 'extra' couple of billion coming in here or there (which generally isn't actually new money), just remember that they are telling porky pies. Failure by design is what they are interested in, regardless of the suffering and deaths which will be caused.

We're the 5th wealthiest country in the world and could easily afford one of the best health care services if there was the will to do so. The Tories would prefer to cut taxes for the wealthy and corporations rather than paying for this.

And that doesn't even consider how social care in the country has been gutted due to the swingeing cuts on council funding...

Back on topic, a small chance of me making it to Stevenage for a rare away game, though it's not exactly something that is on my bucket list!

But once we sort out Brexit (and thus the immigration problem), we will have enough money/hospital beds to look after our own people.  For once we are actually moving in the right direction.

Posted by: Maringer, January 13, 2017, 12:52pm; Reply: 69
Incorrect. Immigrants tend to be younger and healthier (and tens of thousands of them work in the NHS) so they have very little to do with NHS issues.

The problem as clearly shown in the chart is underfunding.

We've got an aging population (even with the immigrants) so you need to increase expenditure to cope with this. The Tories haven't. Simple as that.

And Brexit (when it eventually occurs) will still leave us needing nurses and doctors from overseas. Let's hope they still want to come, eh?
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 13, 2017, 12:52pm; Reply: 70
Getting back on topic I find the ticket situation unbelievable ,

If you went into a restaurant and they had a deal on a 3 course meal,

BUT

You could only eat 2 of them and they fined you  for not eating the 3rd,

What would your reaction be ?
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 13, 2017, 1:04pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from Maringer
Incorrect. Immigrants tend to be younger and healthier (and tens of thousands of them work in the NHS) so they have very little to do with NHS issues.

The problem as clearly shown in the chart is underfunding.

We've got an aging population (even with the immigrants) so you need to increase expenditure to cope with this. The Tories haven't. Simple as that.

And Brexit (when it eventually occurs) will still leave us needing nurses and doctors from overseas. Let's hope they still want to come, eh?

If they do want to come and are qualified and speak English then great. Without the costs of illegal immigrants and foreigners claiming dole, plus the non funding of EU, as a country we will be far better off financially and will have more funding available for the NHS.  Once there are more jobs for the British, we will hopefully get back into the mood of getting jobs straight after education instead of 3rd generation dole claiming families that had giving up on finding work. We need to be patient, Brexit was never going to work overnight.  
Posted by: mimma, January 13, 2017, 1:06pm; Reply: 72
Some all you can eat restaurants are now doing exactly that. If you leave a lot of food because you have been gready they charge you for it.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 13, 2017, 1:07pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from grimsby pete
Getting back on topic I find the ticket situation unbelievable ,

If you went into a restaurant and they had a deal on a 3 course meal,

BUT

You could only eat 2 of them and they fined you  for not eating the 3rd,

What would your reaction be ?

I would offer to eat the 3rd course for all of those involved.  Problem solved

;)
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 13, 2017, 1:10pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from mimma
Some all you can eat restaurants are now doing exactly that. If you leave a lot of food because you have been gready they charge you for it.

Which is only right.  You can go back as many times as you like.  So why fill up your plate probably knowing that you won't eat it all ? We've probably all seen the greedy tw@ts that fill a plate up. Decide half way through they want something else. Dump what they have and start again.  Put what you think you will eat on your plate and if you want more then go and get some.

Posted by: barralad, January 13, 2017, 2:05pm; Reply: 75
Only on The Fishy could a seemingly harmless thread about tickets for a forthcoming away match include a multitude of posts about:- the state of our railway system, the NHS and greedy twits at "All You Can Eat" restaurants.

Diversity in action!

:)
Posted by: Maringer, January 13, 2017, 2:20pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from Civvy at last

If they do want to come and are qualified and speak English then great. Without the costs of illegal immigrants and foreigners claiming dole, plus the non funding of EU, as a country we will be far better off financially and will have more funding available for the NHS.  Once there are more jobs for the British, we will hopefully get back into the mood of getting jobs straight after education instead of 3rd generation dole claiming families that had giving up on finding work. We need to be patient, Brexit was never going to work overnight.  

The questions is, will they still want to come when the pound is further devalued against the Euro and the Dollar and the price of living is therefore much higher?

There are hardly any illegal immigrants here in any case (thanks to the channel), benefit tourism is [url=https://infacts.org/briefings/welfare-tourism/]basically a myth[/url], the costs of Brexit will far outweigh the meagre reduction in costs of money sent to the EU (especially as it unlikely we will be able to remain within the free market), the number of British families where no generation has ever worked is absolutely [url=https://www.jrf.org.uk/report/are-cultures-worklessness-passed-down-generations]miniscule[/url], despite what liars and scumbags such as IDS might wish to claim.

I hope you're correct that all will be sweetness and light after Brexit finally takes place, but I'm afraid you're likely to be rather disappointed. And that doesn't even consider what will occur if much of the financial sector decides jump ship to Frankfurt.

Forum threads would be really boring if they remained on topic, especially if we're talking about Stevenage!  :P
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 13, 2017, 3:02pm; Reply: 77
We could get rid of nukes and save a fortune. Also, if we are subsequently attacked it would most likely cure the ageing population issue.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 13, 2017, 3:35pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from Maringer

The questions is, will they still want to come when the pound is further devalued against the Euro and the Dollar and the price of living is therefore much higher?

There are hardly any illegal immigrants here in any case (thanks to the channel), benefit tourism is [url=https://infacts.org/briefings/welfare-tourism/]basically a myth[/url], the costs of Brexit will far outweigh the meagre reduction in costs of money sent to the EU (especially as it unlikely we will be able to remain within the free market), the number of British families where no generation has ever worked is absolutely [url=https://www.jrf.org.uk/report/are-cultures-worklessness-passed-down-generations]miniscule[/url], despite what liars and scumbags such as IDS might wish to claim.

I hope you're correct that all will be sweetness and light after Brexit finally takes place, but I'm afraid you're likely to be rather disappointed. And that doesn't even consider what will occur if much of the financial sector decides jump ship to Frankfurt.

Forum threads would be really boring if they remained on topic, especially if we're talking about Stevenage!  :P

Of course they'll want to come.  Leaving a 3rd world country to come to England is a no brainer.  The Euro will fall once we are finally out of the EU properly and the dollar will fall once that muppet takes over as president.  And hey, if johnny foreigner doesn't want to come, we'll still cope, just like we did before, when we  had standards. In 10 years time when the 'great' is back in Britain and we have truly  got our country back, people will wonder what all the fuss about Brexit was for.  Patience people, patience  :)
Posted by: Maringer, January 13, 2017, 4:03pm; Reply: 79
I don't think the Euro will weaken after we're gone - we're not in the Euro! It's quite separate from the EU. It might well collapse in the longer term because of other reasons, but that won't be anything much to do with us.

The dollar is actually strengthening at the moment because the markets expect Trump is going to chuck money around like there is no tomorrow. The fact that he's set to increase the US Debt by $10 trillion is obviously more of a long term issue as far as the markets are concerned! Craziness.
Posted by: ska face, January 13, 2017, 4:09pm; Reply: 80
I wish I'd been born at a time where I could witness just how amazing Britain was before it joined the EU, because it sounds flipping fantastic.

Is it the same place all these people, usually aged 40-70, talk about when they're cryarsing about how they grew up with absolutely nothing, usually when they're trying to paint subsequent generations (who've they brought up) as spoiled, whinging layabouts?  :-/
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 13, 2017, 4:17pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from ska face
I wish I'd been born at a time where I could witness just how amazing Britain was before it joined the EU, because it sounds flipping fantastic.

Is it the same place all these people, usually aged 40-70, talk about when they're cryarsing about how they grew up with absolutely nothing, usually when they're trying to paint subsequent generations (who've they brought up) as spoiled, whinging layabouts?  :-/

Well I'm guessing having been born this Century you wouldn't understand.  
Posted by: ska face, January 13, 2017, 4:22pm; Reply: 82
[youtube]Xe1a1wHxTyo[/youtube]

That's you, that is.
Posted by: Welwynmariner, January 13, 2017, 5:01pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from ska face

Before we joined the EU Town were rubbish except for the McMenemy season in 71/72.

But as soon as we joined the EU things got better and we got into Division 2 and stayed there. Free movement allowed Ivano Bonnetti to join the club. An economic migrant I know, and yes - he was a burden on the NHS with a broken cheekbone, but we were enriched by the diversity he brought to the club.

Along came UKIP and that put us into non-League. So who knows what lies ahead.

It was only when people started mumbling about the EU that we went downhill again
Posted by: barralad, January 13, 2017, 5:32pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from ska face
[youtube]Xe1a1wHxTyo[/youtube]

That's you, that is.

FWIW My favourite Python sketch of all time and I was around to see its debut...bloody brilliant! :)
Posted by: mariner91, January 13, 2017, 5:49pm; Reply: 85

Of course they'll want to come.  Leaving a 3rd world country to come to England is a no brainer.  The Euro will fall once we are finally out of the EU properly and the dollar will fall once that muppet takes over as president.  And hey, if johnny foreigner doesn't want to come, we'll still cope, just like we did before, when we  had standards. In 10 years time when the 'great' is back in Britain and we have truly  got our country back, people will wonder what all the fuss about Brexit was for.  Patience people, patience  :)

Poland, Latvia, Greece etc where a lot of the NHS staff come from are not third world countries.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 13, 2017, 5:54pm; Reply: 86

Looking at the amount of people sleeping in shop doorways and working but still having to use food bank to survive I sometimes wonder if we are living in a 3rd world country.  
Posted by: Cloudy, January 13, 2017, 6:07pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from ska face

Well I was around then and you are spot on.

All those looking through rose tinted glasses need to remember most families had far far less than even the 'poor' of today. Our house had ice on the inside of the windows at this time of year, no central heating, outside bog and in the early 70's the country was crippled by strike after strike.

No electricity on a regular basis, rubbish piled high in the streets. Most earned next to nothing as the country struggled to survive even 25 years after the end of the war.

Today a crisis is if the benefits don't stretch to sky tv or the latest trainers for young Kyle
Posted by: alvinghammariner, January 13, 2017, 6:08pm; Reply: 88
Clicked on this thread to see how many we've sold for this.. Things have gone a bit south!  ??)
Posted by: ska face, January 13, 2017, 6:42pm; Reply: 89
Quoted from Cloudy

All those looking through rose tinted glasses need to remember most families had far far less than even the 'poor' of today. Our house had ice on the inside of the windows at this time of year, no central heating, outside bog and in the early 70's the country was crippled by strike after strike.

No electricity on a regular basis, rubbish piled high in the streets. Most earned next to nothing as the country struggled to survive even 25 years after the end of the war.

Sounds excellent, bring back the good old days! Let's have polio and the plague back while we're at it.

Quoted Text
Today a crisis is if the benefits don't stretch to sky tv or the latest trainers for young Kyle

Is it really? *dabs at Daily Mail bingo card*
Posted by: forza ivano, January 13, 2017, 8:01pm; Reply: 90

The costs of illegal immigrants claiming dole??? Wtf? How on earth does an illegal immigrant claim dole?? by its very definition such a person wouldn't have the necessary I.d. To claim the dole. Illegals don't bring attention to themselves , they live under the radar.
And what exactly is the cost of 'foreigners' claiming dole? I'll guess half a billion absolute max, (100,000 at £5000 p.a.) a drop in the ocean. In fact much less than all these foreign workers pay n tax and n.i. Etc.
More jobs for the British ? What Brits? We are almost at the stage of full employment, the unemployment rate is so low that it's almost at the point where it's almost only the unemployable who aren't working. And anyway Brits won't do the cleaning , the construction, the nursing, the waiting, the agricultural work ,sectors where there are hundreds of vacancies.
Unfortunately for the anti immigrant brexiteers the nett migration figures won't be falling whilst the economy is still strong relative to the rest of Europe.
It will only fall when the economy starts going down the pan and they can't find work and go home. Course in an economic downturn there is still isn't work for all these Brits who are so desperate for work and are being held back and denied employment by those pesky europeans
Posted by: ginnywings, January 13, 2017, 8:19pm; Reply: 91
I'm a Brit and i do construction.  :-/
Posted by: forza ivano, January 13, 2017, 8:29pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm a Brit and i do construction.  :-/

So am I and so do i :P.     But I m not exactly inundated with Brits looking for work.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 13, 2017, 8:50pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from forza ivano

So am I and so do i :P.     But I m not exactly inundated with Brits looking for work.

I'm looking for work at the moment, sadly I can't even build lego..........  
Posted by: conscorner, January 13, 2017, 8:58pm; Reply: 94
Received my ticket, still two weeks to go - should be a great turnout from Town fans
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 13, 2017, 9:05pm; Reply: 95
Quoted from forza ivano

But you will be when the Brexit ( The thing the majority of the voters voted for) gets done properly.  And if you read my post (including the comma) you'll see I haven't said illegals are claiming dole.

I for one am looking forward to will of the people actually being carried out and in five years (yes it will take at least that) the remoaners will be just like those gobby Hartlepool fans on Saturday after the game. Back into the woodwork.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 13, 2017, 9:27pm; Reply: 96
[quote=763]

But you will be when the Brexit ( The thing the majority of the voters voted for) gets done properly.  And if you read my post (including the comma) you'll see I haven't said illegals are claiming dole.

I for one am looking forward to will of the people actually being carried out and in five years (yes it will take at least that) the remoaners will be just like those gobby Hartlepool fans on Saturday after the game. Back into the woodwork. [/quote

The cost of illegal immigrants is what then? They don't claim benefits, they don't actually cost anything until they are caught and detained,which is highly unlikely given the cuts to the immigration service.
And where are all these Brits going to appear from? May I suggest you look at the unemployment figures, it's 1.6 million, 4.8% of a working population of c 35 million. I think I'm right in saying that it's generally taken that 1% at least is unemployable , in jail, severely disabled, addicts etc so you've probably got at most a million who are really out of work. The problem is they tend to be concentrated in the areas where there isn't the work available.if they won't move then you've got a problem, notwithstanding that if those dreadful Europeans leave you're left with a labour shortfall of several million.
Whose going to do the cleaning, the waiting, the sandwich making, the labouring, the pea picking, the nursing, the driving, the caring etc etc when they all return to mainland Europe?
I think that you are in for a nasty shock. If the economy remains robust I'd be happy to bet a few quid that the nett mgration figures remain largely unchanged over the next ten years. Like it or not we have an ageing population and a low birth rate. We need immigrants to continue to come here ,to do the jobs we can't or won't do and who pay for themselves through their taxes.
I might add that in addition to the lower skilled we also need the highly skilled, the doctors, the financiers, the engineers.do you know that Europe as a whole does not produce enough engineers to even fill this country's needs so we need to get them from outside Europe?....... I thought not.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 13, 2017, 9:41pm; Reply: 97
So we will once again produce our own skilled people.
Something we are now failing to do as we rely on the cheaper imported option.
How do the illegals live if they are under the radar. By taking illegal employment, not paying taxes, and taking a job (that could have been filled by a Brit) off the market.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 13, 2017, 9:53pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from Cloudy

I remember peeling the net curtains off my bedroom window in the mornings. It was great in the good old days.
Posted by: LH, January 13, 2017, 9:56pm; Reply: 99
Illegals aren't taking tax paying jobs then are they? That's another area for our stretched public services to crack down on!
Posted by: forza ivano, January 13, 2017, 10:01pm; Reply: 100
So we will once again produce our own skilled people.
Something we are now failing to do as we rely on the cheaper imported option.
How do the illegals live if they are under the radar. By taking illegal employment, not paying taxes, and taking a job (that could have been filled by a Brit) off the market.

I'm sorry civvy but you are living in cloud cuckoo land. Where will we get our own skilled people? There are only about a million people out of work, and according to you we have a problem with foreigners claiming the dole I.e .foreigners  who Constitute a certain % of that million. Did you know that it's generally accepted that 15% of school leavers are classified as functionally illiterate? That means they cannot read or write to a standard that can get them by in everyday life.what are you going to train that 15% to do? Carers need to complete paperwork, chippies and brickies need a good level of literacy and even labourers nowadays need to do safety tests, to do allocation sheets etc etc
Illegals are the ones in the car wash, in the kebab shop, the day labourers (or perhaps you'd like us to go back to the good old days of English lads working on the lump?) the part time night cleaners etc etc again the jobs that no Brit would touch
Posted by: PB, January 14, 2017, 10:28am; Reply: 101

Is there any chance that we could return to football related matters, and maybe something to do with Stevenage tickets?!

I received my tickets this morning. Why can't more clubs operate like Stevenage and allow away supporters (particularly exiles) to chose, buy and recieve tickets? I guess a more relaxed policy with the police must be part of it.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, January 14, 2017, 11:03am; Reply: 102
So how many tickets have we sold for Stevenage?
Posted by: immariner, January 16, 2017, 2:36pm; Reply: 103
https://www.venuetoolbox.com/stevenagefc/ASP/selectArea.asp?bookEvent=true&eventID={31BA7C47-AB8E-4682-BB72-82A9F54D5600}&packageID=&homeArea=away

Tickets back on sale to GTFC fans directly from Stevenage. Sold a few in block D. No update from the club as yet as to how many of the 700 tickets sent up here have been sold..
Posted by: Tinymariner, January 16, 2017, 3:18pm; Reply: 104
I'm considering driving down there and would have 3 spare seats, anyone fancy a lift for £10 each? Pm me
Posted by: NewtoN, January 23, 2017, 11:59am; Reply: 105
Over 900 of our 1380 ticket allocation
http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/stevenage-tickets-now-on-sale-3509896.aspx#uLBXMFqbtVbFz7oB.99
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), January 23, 2017, 12:06pm; Reply: 106
Good chance of us selling out I reckon.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 23, 2017, 12:39pm; Reply: 107
Even when they host Barnet, Luton & Cambridge they struggle to sell out at times. Has anyone waned them how much we can drink?
Posted by: Mariner16, January 23, 2017, 12:42pm; Reply: 108
If anyone fancies playing for the Internet Mariners at Stevenage on saturday morning (1045 kick off) we need a goalkeeper. Lifts will be provided I believe. Please reply via PM or via twitter, which should be at the bottom of this post?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 23, 2017, 12:43pm; Reply: 109
Quoted from Mariner16
If anyone fancies playing for the Internet Mariners at Stevenage on saturday morning (1045 kick off) we need a goalkeeper. Lifts will be provided I believe. Please reply via PM or via twitter, which should be at the bottom of this post?

Where's the game being played mate as I am local I may come and watch in the morning before the game?
Posted by: Mariner16, January 23, 2017, 1:03pm; Reply: 110
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Where's the game being played mate as I am local I may come and watch in the morning before the game?

Just been told its Ridlins Fields. Bring your boots and shinpads if you want a game mate don't just need a keeper, kit provided

Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 23, 2017, 1:23pm; Reply: 111
Quoted from Mariner16

Just been told its Ridlins Fields. Bring your boots and shinpads if you want a game mate don't just need a keeper, kit provided

Ridlings is a 5 mins walk from my house, I will come along. Thanks for the offer re playing but @ 50, Matt Rhead gut and not kicked a ball in anger for about 10 I think I may have to decline.
Posted by: bradzmilne, January 23, 2017, 1:49pm; Reply: 112
Tickets arrived in the post today - 2 Mariners on the train from Leeds. UTM
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 23, 2017, 1:56pm; Reply: 113
Quoted from bradzmilne

Shhhhhhh

All trains heading South from Leeds that day will be made dry if you're not careful  ;)
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 23, 2017, 2:05pm; Reply: 114
Quoted from bradzmilne

If you are on the 11.05, we will be joining at Grantham.

Anyone else on this train?

Posted by: sam gy, January 23, 2017, 3:38pm; Reply: 115
Looking forward to this - cheap as hell return tickets from Kings X :)

What's the pub situation like - any good boozer recommendations Herts?
Posted by: mariner83, January 23, 2017, 3:45pm; Reply: 116
Quoted from sam gy
Looking forward to this - cheap as hell return tickets from Kings X :)

What's the pub situation like - any good boozer recommendations Herts?

[tweet]821752037872377857[/tweet]
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 23, 2017, 5:00pm; Reply: 117
Any Wine Society members? They have their showroom a short walk from the station and so free tasting.

"Each machine holds eight bottles. One features wines from The Society's current selections and bin ends, and is free to use."

http://www.thewinesociety.com/services-stevenage-showroom-services
Posted by: mimma, January 23, 2017, 5:05pm; Reply: 118
Quick how Do you join?
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 23, 2017, 5:27pm; Reply: 119
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
Any Wine Society members? They have their showroom a short walk from the station and so free tasting.

"Each machine holds eight bottles. One features wines from The Society's current selections and bin ends, and is free to use."

The only problem is: You're not actually allowed to drink it.
You have to roll it around your gob, spit it out, then mutter something about its woody aftertaste and its fruity bouquet 😉
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 23, 2017, 10:48pm; Reply: 120

The only problem is: You're not actually allowed to drink it.
You have to roll it around your gob, spit it out, then mutter something about its woody aftertaste and its fruity bouquet 😉

Tasting wood? Fruity bouquet? [Snigger]
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 23, 2017, 10:51pm; Reply: 121

How did you come across that?
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 23, 2017, 11:50pm; Reply: 122
Quoted from KingstonMariner

How did you come across that?

I visited the place a few years ago and thought I'd have a look on their website to see what they're up to. Just to add that I don't know if you need to be a member to enter the showroom.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 24, 2017, 1:54am; Reply: 123

I visited the place a few years ago and thought I'd have a look on their website to see what they're up to. Just to add that I don't know if you need to be a member to enter the showroom.

I got bought membership many years ago as a present but never ordered anything through them.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 24, 2017, 7:35am; Reply: 124
Ive just got this vision of the wine society being perplexed by a flood of new members joining from gy and then scores of town fans getting absolutely slaughtered in their snooty showroom on Saturday dinner
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 24, 2017, 7:52am; Reply: 125
Quoted from forza ivano
Ive just got this vision of the wine society being perplexed by a flood of new members joining from gy and then scores of town fans getting absolutely slaughtered in their snooty showroom on Saturday dinner

Nah I know someone who worked in the Stevenage one and she's as common as muck.
Posted by: Belfast Town, January 24, 2017, 8:04am; Reply: 126
Over 1,000 sold; just 350 of our allocation left.

Amazing support.

Can't wait for it.

UTFM
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), January 24, 2017, 9:54am; Reply: 127
130 tickets left. Not many clubs in the country would take 1400 away fans to a game 3 hours away when they are mid table in league 2. Brilliant yet again.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 24, 2017, 10:02am; Reply: 128
Quoted from 1739
130 tickets left. Not many clubs in the country would take 1400 away fans to a game 3 hours away when they are mid table in league 2. Brilliant yet again.

https://bfc.venuetoolbox.com/Stevenage/asp/selectArea.asp?bookEvent=true&eventID={31BA7C47-AB8E-4682-BB72-82A9F54D5600}&packageID={6F9619FF-8B86-D011-B42D-00C04FC964FF}&homeArea=away

Just counted 168 tickets still available direct from Stevenage  Is the 130 what Town still have for sale?

Still looking at over 1000, what great support !.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 24, 2017, 10:40am; Reply: 129
I am not sure they will have seen anything quite like it.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 24, 2017, 11:08am; Reply: 130
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I am not sure they will have seen anything quite like it.

Indeed, what will they make of over 1000 fish-hook wielding Mariners marauding through Stevenage Town Centre!  ;D
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, January 24, 2017, 12:01pm; Reply: 131
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152350267816

Only 1 so you better be quick
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 24, 2017, 12:18pm; Reply: 132
Just been to get mine and my lads tickets.
About 80 left at the moment !!

Awesome effort.

UTM
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 24, 2017, 12:42pm; Reply: 133
Just been to get mine and my lads tickets.
About 80 left at the moment !!

Awesome effort.

UTM

I wondered if many of Town`s old growlers were travelling ;D
Posted by: bradzmilne, January 24, 2017, 1:23pm; Reply: 134
Arrive in Stevenage at 7.07... Any Mariners around at that time?

(Yes, I got the cheapest train tickets I could find)  ;D ;D
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 24, 2017, 1:27pm; Reply: 135
Quoted from bradzmilne
Arrive in Stevenage at 7.07... Any Mariners around at that time?

(Yes, I got the cheapest train tickets I could find)  ;D ;D

Wow that is early, when you get here go into the main bit of the Town centre you'll see a Costa to it's right a couple of doors down there is a greasy spoon where you'll get a top breakfast.    
Posted by: bradzmilne, January 24, 2017, 1:32pm; Reply: 136
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Wow that is early, when you get here go into the main bit of the Town centre you'll see a Costa to it's right a couple of doors down there is a greasy spoon where you'll get a top breakfast.    

You star - thank you.

It is very early but missed too many games being broke at uni so determined to make this one  ;D
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 24, 2017, 1:35pm; Reply: 137
Quoted from bradzmilne

You star - thank you.

It is very early but missed too many games being broke at uni so determined to make this one  ;D

Don't worry by the time you have had breakfast like any crummy Southern backwater some pubs open at 9am so that will keep you amused to kick off, it'll need to as there is FA else to do in the Town.  
Posted by: Posh Harry, January 24, 2017, 2:11pm; Reply: 138
According to t'internet the weatherspoons (standard bearer) opens at 8, although they don't serve beer until 9.

I will be there by 11 with a few others to start the festivities

UTFM
Posted by: Chips44, January 24, 2017, 3:34pm; Reply: 139
Just got my ticket (3 pm)., And  at that time we've got 53 left.
The nice lady in the ticket office said Stevenage have got about 150 left.

Posted by: Ashby mariner, January 24, 2017, 5:18pm; Reply: 140
Will we be getting anymore does anyone know?
Posted by: RichMariner, January 24, 2017, 6:47pm; Reply: 141
Got mine through the Stevenage online ticket system this afternoon.

I'll be another Mariner on the 11:05 from Leeds!
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 24, 2017, 8:04pm; Reply: 142
Only 40 left now!
Don't know how many Stevenage have left, what a great idea that is though, splitting the sales so exiles can get their fair share and so can we.
Posted by: Mariner16, January 24, 2017, 8:48pm; Reply: 143
It looks like Stevenage have about 140 left on their website and is the only online option left no matter if you're an exile or local
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, January 24, 2017, 8:55pm; Reply: 144
The 40 or so left with Town, you can buy from the GTFC ticket office.
Posted by: Ashby mariner, January 26, 2017, 10:31am; Reply: 145
Have we just about sold out now. Our away support as been excellent this season.
Posted by: alvinghammariner, January 26, 2017, 10:45am; Reply: 146
Sold out at the gtfc end I think, still a decent number left from Stevenage.
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 26, 2017, 10:49am; Reply: 147
Not sure where this info has come from but according to a poster on the Stevenage forum our "chairman" has laid on 5 free coaches for us on Saturday.

http://www.borochat.co.uk/article/419717
Posted by: mariner83, January 26, 2017, 10:55am; Reply: 148
Quoted from Les Brechin
Not sure where this info has come from but according to a poster on the Stevenage forum our "chairman" has laid on 5 free coaches for us on Saturday.

http://www.borochat.co.uk/article/419717

Probably just speculation with the large numbers travelling?

this did make me chuckle
Quoted Text

It's the 4th division. The ref is bound to ruin it.
Posted by: Kristine, January 26, 2017, 11:02am; Reply: 149
100 left via Stevenage directly
Posted by: psgmariner, January 26, 2017, 11:16am; Reply: 150
I will go if Fenty pays for my travel and my ticket.
Posted by: GrimExile, January 26, 2017, 11:39am; Reply: 151
I have 2 Concession tickets for the Stevenage game (i.e. Student, Under 14 or OAP) for sale at £19 each which is face value. These are for sale because of illness and bearing in mind it looks like the away end could be a sell out, I'd hate them to go to waste. Anyone interested then please message me. UTM
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 26, 2017, 11:59am; Reply: 152
Quoted from GrimExile
I have 2 Concession tickets for the Stevenage game (i.e. Student, Under 14 or OAP) for sale at £19 each which is face value. These are for sale because of illness and bearing in mind it looks like the away end could be a sell out, I'd hate them to go to waste. Anyone interested then please message me. UTM

You've been done mate. A ticket for my lad (under 22) was £14.00.  

Posted by: GrimExile, January 26, 2017, 12:03pm; Reply: 153
Maybe I'm being naive here but why have I got 2 red crosses for trying to offload 2 tickets at face value due to an unfortunate illness? It doesn't bother me  at all, in fact it made me smile ,but it does beggar the question why?!!
Posted by: GrimExile, January 26, 2017, 12:06pm; Reply: 154
Got them from Stevenage direct. They were for OAP's and I therefore assumed that as a concession it would be the same price for students, youngsters and students. Thanks for the info though. UTM
Posted by: Welwynmariner, January 26, 2017, 9:03pm; Reply: 155
Quoted from GrimExile
Got them from Stevenage direct. They were for OAP's and I therefore assumed that as a concession it would be the same price for students, youngsters and students. Thanks for the info though. UTM

Stevenage's concession tickets are for over-60's rather than OAPs

Just saying. Sixty is the new 40.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), January 26, 2017, 9:46pm; Reply: 156
Still 100 tickets available online via Stevenage for anyone who has a last minute change of heart tomorrow.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 27, 2017, 11:27am; Reply: 157
Quoted from 1739
Still 100 tickets available online via Stevenage for anyone who has a last minute change of heart tomorrow.

less than 75 now! wonder what they will do with the exiles who inevitably won't have pre booked tickets
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 27, 2017, 11:34am; Reply: 158
Quoted from forza ivano

less than 75 now! wonder what they will do with the exiles who inevitably won't have pre booked tickets

Ship em back to Aussie mate  ;)
Posted by: 97 (Guest), January 27, 2017, 11:40am; Reply: 159
Quoted from GrimExile
Maybe I'm being naive here but why have I got 2 red crosses for trying to offload 2 tickets at face value due to an unfortunate illness? It doesn't bother me  at all, in fact it made me smile ,but it does beggar the question why?!!

Similar to why this got 7 red crosses. Do you remember playing "pile on" at school? Inevitably someone at the bottom would cry out "I can't breathe". This was met with laughter and added 10 bodies to the pile immediately. In short, people are b@stards.
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 27, 2017, 12:07pm; Reply: 160
Quoted from 97

Similar to why this got 7 red crosses. Do you remember playing "pile on" at school? Inevitably someone at the bottom would cry out "I can't breathe". This was met with laughter and added 10 bodies to the pile immediately. In short, people are b@stards.

That's a bit heightest isn't it ?    ;)
Posted by: Posh Harry, January 27, 2017, 1:00pm; Reply: 161
Just seen on Stevenage website that the broadhall suite is for home fans only tomorrow.

Shame. Maybe they couldn't get all the extra beer in that they would have needed.

UTFM
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 1:10pm