Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: joe56, January 3, 2017, 3:26pm
I thought Kevin Drinkell's contribution as the pundit on RH yesterday was excellent. As a top class striker himself, he had a lot of sympathy for our front men who he felt were getting poor service. For much of the game, he felt that the high balls forward were putting defenders at an advantage, and that they really needed to be dropped 2 or 3 yards short of the receiver. It was especially interesting that he described Scott Vernon as a "player's player" whose contribution is under appreciated by the fans. Although inevitably impressed by Omar, he seemed to rate Sean Pearson's performance as outstanding.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, January 3, 2017, 4:35pm; Reply: 1
Got to agree, Drinkell was fantastic, especially just before our 2nd as he was making a comment on thier keeper and what he would do, followed up immediately by Town doing exactly as he said
Posted by: ginnywings, January 3, 2017, 4:50pm; Reply: 2
Yes, he was uncannily correct on a lot of things but that shows what a good football brain he has.
Posted by: chaos33, January 3, 2017, 5:24pm; Reply: 3
He was my first Grimsby Town hero  :)
Posted by: psgmariner, January 3, 2017, 7:31pm; Reply: 4
Yep he impressed me as well. Obviously knows his stuff when it comes to strikers hav
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 3, 2017, 7:37pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from ginnywings
Yes, he was uncannily correct on a lot of things but that shows what a good football brain he has.

Impressive considering he has managed in Scotland     8)

Seriously though Kevin  Drinkell is my all time favourite player in a Town shirt.

Posted by: stevethefish, January 3, 2017, 7:38pm; Reply: 6
Hugely astute commentary which I really enjoyed. Very down to earth guy who now sells Mercedes!

I teased all my Norwich colleagues in Suffolk at work today about that - saying they are so tight they didn't sort him out.

I suspect Ryan Bennett will not be doing that. How football has changed.
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 9:39am