Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, January 3, 2017, 11:27am
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/breaking-justin-edinburgh-sacked-from-118237/

gillingham sack our old non league friend, Justin Edinburgh
Posted by: ginnywings, January 3, 2017, 11:36am; Reply: 1
Just seen that on the BBC and had a little chuckle. Also good to see Newport bottom of the league and looking likely to go down- what goes around comes around. Hope Cheltenham go with them although it would be funny to see Counteh have a spell in non league.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 3, 2017, 11:41am; Reply: 2
Quoted from ginnywings
Just seen that on the BBC and had a little chuckle. Also good to see Newport bottom of the league and looking likely to go down- what goes around comes around. Hope Cheltenham go with them although it would be funny to see Counteh have a spell in non league.

Same, I have my "enjoy non league" tweet to Danny Wright in the drafts box ready to send already.
Posted by: LH, January 3, 2017, 12:10pm; Reply: 3
That "Beaten by CTFC" account hasn't had much use this season. Other than against us, obviously.  ::)
Posted by: mariner91, January 3, 2017, 12:21pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from LH
That "Beaten by CTFC" account hasn't had much use this season. Other than against us, obviously.  ::)

My least favourite account on Twitter, even worse than Piers Morgan.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 3, 2017, 12:36pm; Reply: 5
I really detest that moron JE.I was sat in the main stand when he clearly beckoned and offered out one of our fans when said fan approached him he had him thrown out the ground. Needless to say I and many others let him know very loudly what we thought an arrogant tosser at best.  
Posted by: moosey_club, January 3, 2017, 3:03pm; Reply: 6
i loved him when that game got abondoned for the fog .. where they 2-0 up (?) .....hilarious....think he had a pop at JF for interfering as well IIRC.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 3, 2017, 6:35pm; Reply: 7
Notts County have put Alan Smith in temporary charge. It doesn't seem that long ago they were going to get Sven in as manager and sign a load of Premier League players. They are sinking like a lead balloon.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 3, 2017, 6:57pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from ginnywings
Notts County have put Alan Smith in temporary charge. It doesn't seem that long ago they were going to get Sven in as manager and sign a load of Premier League players. They are sinking like a lead balloon.

Hehe,    Notts County approach Lincoln for manager Danny Cowley.

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/notts-county-approach-lincoln-city-for-manager-danny-cowley/story-30028016-detail/story.html
Posted by: mariner91, January 3, 2017, 7:04pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from promotion plaice

I hate to say it, and whilst County are undoubtedly a bigger club, they would be mad to leave Lincoln for County. They're on course to win the NL and prove just how good they are after doing a smashing job at Braintree. If/when they do win promotion with Lincoln this season they will have no end of much bigger clubs than County after their services. The work they've done at both Braintree and Lincoln is nothing short of remarkable.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 3, 2017, 8:56pm; Reply: 10
I think I'd be happiest with a Cheltenham + Notts relegation than Cheltenham + Newport. Almost anyone plus Cheatenham basically. 'Stampiones' indeed.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 3, 2017, 9:43pm; Reply: 11
Phelan sacked at Hull now. Seems to be more managers on the move than players.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 3, 2017, 9:44pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from ginnywings

The Allams strike again - unbelievable the way they've treated him.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 3, 2017, 9:47pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from ginnywings

He had to go - it's all his fault after all.  :-/
Posted by: LH, January 3, 2017, 9:53pm; Reply: 14
He was daft to take the job in the first place. It was he wasn't going to have any spending money even before he took the job. A shame for him really because he is highly thought of and very experienced.

The Hull City circus continues though. Will they plummet back down the leagues when the Allams turn down further takeovers?
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 3, 2017, 9:53pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from ginnywings

Phelan will be gutted leaving the City of culture.

Posted by: Mariner_09, January 3, 2017, 9:55pm; Reply: 16
I hope they approach Hurst, would be funny if he took them down!
Posted by: ginnywings, January 3, 2017, 9:55pm; Reply: 17

;D
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 3, 2017, 9:57pm; Reply: 18
Burnsey now appearing on 5 live! He's broadening his horizon as a serious journalist more.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 3, 2017, 10:00pm; Reply: 19
Just read on the BBC that Mike Phelan has been sacked I wonder which Patsy they will line up for that poison challis?
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 3, 2017, 10:04pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Just read on the BBC that Mike Phelan has been sacked I wonder which Patsy they will line up for that poison challis?

We already know Trigger........ 8)

Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 3, 2017, 10:07pm; Reply: 21
Alright Dave👍
Posted by: moosey_club, January 3, 2017, 10:11pm; Reply: 22

Will be crying all the way to the bank.......Curtis Woodhouse is close by, former player,  wont have to pay him a relocation package.....or maybe the Samuel Eto rumours circulating at the weekend were bang on and he gets a player manager post  ;)
Posted by: forza ivano, January 3, 2017, 10:15pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Bob Bradley Gary Neville and Alan shearer are all available ;D
Posted by: moosey_club, January 3, 2017, 10:18pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from forza ivano

Bob Bradley Gary Neville and Alan shearer are all available ;D

Shearer couldnt go there, there are pictures of Justin Whittle around the KC
Posted by: samg, January 3, 2017, 10:22pm; Reply: 25
Pardew
Posted by: ginnywings, January 3, 2017, 10:24pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from samg
Pardew

Was just thinking the same. The manager merry go round starts again and they can all go off on holiday in the summer and count their pay-offs.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 3, 2017, 10:28pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from samg
Pardew

I think Pardew might not be daft enough to work for the Allams.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 3, 2017, 10:29pm; Reply: 28
Does Myler still play for Hull? If Pardew goes there it could be interesting.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 3, 2017, 10:31pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think Pardew might not be daft enough to work for the Allams.

Save Hull and send Palace down in the process...one way to get your own back for being sacked
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 3, 2017, 10:38pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from moosey_club

Save Hull and send Palace down in the process...one way to get your own back for being sacked

Good thought but doubt that the Allams will fund what's needed as they're desperate to sell.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 3, 2017, 11:34pm; Reply: 31
https://twitter.com/HullCity/status/816398481355055104
Posted by: Maringer, January 4, 2017, 9:51am; Reply: 32
I'd imagine Phelan has been pretty well-paid for his short stint in charge. Let's face it, nobody will think less of him for the lack of success so he's probably done OK for himself in the longer term. I don't doubt he'll find himself on the coaching staff of another Championship/PL club after the summer.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 9, 2017, 3:23pm; Reply: 33
and another one to add to the list......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38547790
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, January 9, 2017, 3:27pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from forza ivano
and another one to add to the list......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38547790
Chesterfield: Boss Danny Wilson and assistant Chris Morgan sacked >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38547798

Also Northampton manager sacked >> https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/09/northampton-sack-manager-rob-page-men-against-girls-comment

Posted by: RichMariner, January 9, 2017, 3:43pm; Reply: 35
I suppose we shouldn't be too surprised since it's January - gives new managers time to dabble in the transfer market before the window shuts, otherwise they're stuck with someone else's team.

There's no doubt the transfer window forces chairmen to press the panic button sooner. If clubs could do deals outside the window I think we'd see managers given a bit more time.

But as it is, they'll get sacked if they're under-performing by New Year.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 9, 2017, 5:00pm; Reply: 36
Isn't the Northampton sacking all a bit politically correct because he said his team played like girls and it predictably caused an uproar?

They absolutely romped League 2 last season.
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 9, 2017, 5:37pm; Reply: 37
Ginnywigs, last seasons Northampton manager was Wilder who is now at Sheffield UTD, so this chap gas only had half a season, panic or what.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 9, 2017, 6:16pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Gaffer58
Ginnywigs, last seasons Northampton manager was Wilder who is now at Sheffield UTD, so this chap gas only had half a season, panic or what.

Ginnywigs? I have a full head of hair.  :)

Thanks for the info Gaffer, didn't know that.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 10, 2017, 12:23am; Reply: 39
Quoted from ginnywings
Isn't the Northampton sacking all a bit politically correct because he said his team played like girls and it predictably caused an uproar?

They absolutely romped League 2 last season.

I thought that was weird. I'm PC (mostly  ;) ) being a 'libtard' but I couldn't see what was wrong by saying it was 'men v girls'. That's not demeaning to girls. That's just saying it was no contest.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 14, 2017, 10:53am; Reply: 40
Didn't realise, but Oldham have sacked their manager as well, now got john Sheridan who's just been sacked by Notts !
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, January 14, 2017, 11:05am; Reply: 41
Been there before hasn't he?
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, January 14, 2017, 11:06am; Reply: 42
Been there before hasn't he?
Posted by: forza ivano, January 15, 2017, 1:03pm; Reply: 43
Forest manager is the latest. That's 30 out of 92 who've changed their manager
Posted by: LH, January 15, 2017, 1:15pm; Reply: 44
Hartlepool sack Hignett.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 15, 2017, 2:29pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from LH
Hartlepool sack Hignett.

OOOH! So close to another Grim Reaper victim.
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 15, 2017, 2:33pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from LH
Hartlepool sack Hignett.

Mutual consent whatever that is !

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/hartlepool-united/news/hignett-leaves-hartlepool-united-post_289511.html
Posted by: LH, January 15, 2017, 2:41pm; Reply: 47
Call it what they like it's still basically a sacking isn't it? Jump or be pushed.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 5:46am