Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: monkeyboy, January 1, 2017, 3:51pm
Jack signed by League 1 Bury. Really not good enough and they must be really panicking.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, January 1, 2017, 4:21pm; Reply: 1
How about well done Jack MacKreth? Another player who has passed through our club and gone onto (at the moment) better things. It reflects well on us and is great for the man himself - he's going to play in the third tier of English football for the next four months at least. Good luck to him - I wish I was a professional footballer.
Posted by: monkeyboy, January 1, 2017, 4:24pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Paris Mariner
How about well done Jack MacKreth? Another player who has passed through our club and gone onto (at the moment) better things. It reflects well on us and is great for the man himself - he's going to play in the third tier of English football for the next four months at least. Good luck to him - I wish I was a professional footballer.

Yes well done Jack, no disrespect at all really but in my humble opinion he was gash!. nice lad though.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 1, 2017, 4:36pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from monkeyboy

Yes well done Jack, no disrespect at all really but in my humble opinion he was gash!. nice lad though.

I can't remember where it was but we where away one week and the fans where singing "he's small he's scouce he'll rob your fuckin house Jack McKreth...........Jack McKreth" which made him laugh. Also I remember him getting involved with in a kick about with the lads in wigs and kits on the pitch at Borehamwood last year at half time when they invaded the pitch...............So someone who does not take himself too seriously deserves some success I reckon.    
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, January 1, 2017, 4:56pm; Reply: 4
The footballer's career at this level is an uncertain and precarious one and I wouldn't begrudge him a move up the pyramid.
Posted by: wembley_double98, January 1, 2017, 5:11pm; Reply: 5
Good luck to the lad, i will always thank him for that great performance away to Barnet in our 3-1 win, inflatable day!
What a day that was
Good on you Jack
UTM
Posted by: RichMariner, January 1, 2017, 5:14pm; Reply: 6
Jack was (or is) pretty lightweight for non-league. You don't have to match his pace to take him out of the game; all you have to do is block him off, and you've won your contest.

So maybe he'll flourish in League 1, where you're not bullied and barged so much.

He was having a good season for Macclesfield and he obviously caught the eye of Bury, just like he caught our eye a few years ago (and I seem to remember us being very pleased when he originally signed in 2014 - the pace we'd been crying out for).
Posted by: UTMariners, January 1, 2017, 6:55pm; Reply: 7
Really nice lad but will be very surprised if he cuts it in League 1- didnt think he was good enough for us in the Conference, but best of luck to him.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 1, 2017, 7:00pm; Reply: 8
Could it be that Hurst just cramped these pl;ayers natural abilities as a few seem to have been deemed not good enough for us in the conference, but playing in Lge 1 and 2 :-/
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, January 1, 2017, 7:09pm; Reply: 9
Jack was a good lad always had a bit of banter with the lower findus great move for him I thought he was shackled by Hursts policies.

Always remember that screamer when he cut inside against Gateshead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZF62WA04hU
Posted by: jaygy, January 1, 2017, 7:13pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Jack was a good lad always had a bit of banter with the lower findus great move for him I thought he was shackled by Hursts policies.

Always remember that screamer when he cut inside against Gateshead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZF62WA04hU

What has happened to that commentator? Passionate indeed
Posted by: MrsMariner, January 1, 2017, 7:24pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Could it be that Hurst just cramped these pl;ayers natural abilities as a few seem to have been deemed not good enough for us in the conference, but playing in Lge 1 and 2 :-/

I agree Hurst was  good at making players very workman like at a cost of their natural abilities and playing with the fear of making a mistake seemed to limit their self belief
Posted by: lukeo, January 1, 2017, 7:25pm; Reply: 12
Well done and good luck from me
Posted by: grimps, January 1, 2017, 7:50pm; Reply: 13
Hurst was more concerned about our attaching players losing the back than scoring one .
Like many players under his time here though Jack never got played enough to show his talents
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 1, 2017, 7:59pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from MrsMariner

I agree Hurst was  good at making players very workman like at a cost of their natural abilities and playing with the fear of making a mistake seemed to limit their self belief

Spot on. Many's the time when he was starting to hare down the right flank and suddenly slowed down when he remembered his imaginary shackles.

Always a hard worker, and with no little skill. Deserves his chance.
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), January 1, 2017, 8:22pm; Reply: 15
He looked a decent player in their televised FA Cup game, he was another player's confidence PH destroyed.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 1, 2017, 9:12pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Possibly, but he went to Tranmere and was hardly played and soon ditched.

Only time will tell if he makes it in League 1, there must be a good player in him somewhere.
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 1, 2017, 10:00pm; Reply: 17
Hurst is building up quite the portfolio of players who were miles better after they stopped playing for him.
Posted by: I Hate Chris Hollins, January 1, 2017, 10:26pm; Reply: 18
If Jack's house was on fire I would run in and save him.

If my house was on fire, Jack would run to the wrong house.

Good luck Jack - you will always be remembered here with fondness.
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 1, 2017, 10:37pm; Reply: 19
I am growing tired of this idea that Hurst thwarted talent and failed to allow players to express themselves. I thought Mackreth was as good as anybody in the second half of the season before last and he had a real good work ethic.

Arnold, Bogle, Podge, Hearn ans Nolan all flourished under Hursty
Posted by: Garth, January 2, 2017, 11:09am; Reply: 20
The way Jack had to play as an extra defender cramped his style some what, good lad but inconsistent
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 12:23am