Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ginnywings, December 31, 2016, 2:09pm
Mills in for Davies, Vose in for Vernon and Henderson keeps his place.

Just announced that we have signed a striker from Mansfield. Youssuf (sp?)
Posted by: supertown, December 31, 2016, 2:31pm; Reply: 1
It's on another thread Ginny
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 31, 2016, 2:55pm; Reply: 2
First game will be able to listen to since the win at Plymouth.

So, me and the little man tuning in with a few beers
Posted by: jonnyboy82, December 31, 2016, 3:12pm; Reply: 3
Cant get it on dab ? Anyone else
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 31, 2016, 3:20pm; Reply: 4
Mariners player for me mate
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 31, 2016, 3:24pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Cant get it on dab ? Anyone else

I'm on dab. No problem. !!
Posted by: realist, December 31, 2016, 3:27pm; Reply: 6
Utter rubbish.  We are going to lose this one
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, December 31, 2016, 3:28pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from realist
Utter rubbish.  We are going to lose this one

Oh  please behave.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, December 31, 2016, 3:30pm; Reply: 8
We aren't playing well at all, Vose seems to be doing everything half hearted at the moment and losing Chambers isn't great
Posted by: Kris2, December 31, 2016, 3:33pm; Reply: 9
Buckley on point about players. Vose is quite lazy and doesn't tackle, Summerfield has a bad habit of giving the ball away that nobody can understand
Posted by: realist, December 31, 2016, 3:35pm; Reply: 10
Mills  takes ages to pass then gives it away. No wingers. Omar isolated up front and nobody running for him
Posted by: forza ivano, December 31, 2016, 3:39pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from realist
Mills  takes ages to pass then gives it away. No wingers. Omar isolated up front and nobody running for him

Time for Bignot to leave ,is it realist?
Posted by: BeijingMariner, December 31, 2016, 3:39pm; Reply: 12
Sounds like I am listening to a different match, we are making some mistakes but generally we sound like we have bossed the last 10 minutes at least
Posted by: realist, December 31, 2016, 3:46pm; Reply: 13
No Bignot needs time. Just commenting on the poor qualty of our play
Posted by: jonnyboy82, December 31, 2016, 3:47pm; Reply: 14
Mate at the game says it is up there with the worst effort and quality he has seen in a long long time.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, December 31, 2016, 3:49pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Mate at the game says it is up there with the worst effort and quality he has seen in a long long time.

ok, I defer :-)
Posted by: topuphere666, December 31, 2016, 3:52pm; Reply: 16
First 25 were dire. Hopeful long balls to no one. Great save from Henderson to keep it level.
We've picked up in the last 20 but no end product. Summerfield is playing well.
Bogle totally isolated, we could do with moving vose to play behind him.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, December 31, 2016, 3:54pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from topuphere666
First 25 were dire. Hopeful long balls to no one. Great save from Henderson to keep it level.
We've picked up in the last 20 but no end product. Summerfield is playing well.
Bogle totally isolated, we could do with moving vose to play behind him.

Blackpool don't sound like anything special, true?
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, December 31, 2016, 3:55pm; Reply: 18
I think Hendersons save helped give them a kick up the bottom a bit and we have certainly grown into the game and sound like we may be able to win it, I do think we need to bring Disley in for Summerfield and get him passing the ball around for us and we are giving the ball away needlessly at the moment at times.
Posted by: 139881 (Guest), December 31, 2016, 3:55pm; Reply: 19
Flashscore said we were 1-0 up before correcting itself? What's going on?
Posted by: BeijingMariner, December 31, 2016, 3:56pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from 139881
Flashscore said we were 1-0 up before correcting itself? What's going on?

That must have been Danny Andrew's free kick, I saw it too
Posted by: Mariner93er, December 31, 2016, 3:57pm; Reply: 21
That happened on bet365 too, I was quite happy celebating
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, December 31, 2016, 3:57pm; Reply: 22
Sounds like a game there for the taking.  When I saw Vose on the team sheet, I was hopeful he might be having a go at pairing with Omar, but doesn't look that way at the moment.  
Posted by: topuphere666, December 31, 2016, 3:58pm; Reply: 23
They aren't offering much. They keep looking for channels between the CB and full backs but so far we have nullified it.

We just need to press higher and pressure them, there are huge gaps between the banks of 4.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, December 31, 2016, 4:03pm; Reply: 24
Happy New Year from Beijing :-)
Posted by: JonnyK, December 31, 2016, 4:04pm; Reply: 25
Can't believe all the negativity. Poor first 25 mins but since then we've been on top an made a few chances. Bogle and Summerfeld had weak shots they should have done better with.
Posted by: Adymono, December 31, 2016, 4:06pm; Reply: 26
Anyone got a commentary link please
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, December 31, 2016, 4:06pm; Reply: 27
Disley on for Summerfield at half time
Posted by: topuphere666, December 31, 2016, 4:09pm; Reply: 28
Henderson makes another top save. Hope it lifts us again!
Posted by: BeijingMariner, December 31, 2016, 4:10pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Adymono
Anyone got a commentary link please

only on Mariners Player I think
Posted by: TAGG, December 31, 2016, 4:12pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from JonnyK
Can't believe all the negativity. Poor first 25 mins but since then we've been on top an made a few chances. Bogle and Summerfeld had weak shots they should have done better with.

We have huffed & puffed but it's a lot better than the last game.
We will win this 👍🎉🎉🎉🎉
Posted by: Kris2, December 31, 2016, 4:13pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from BeijingMariner

only on Mariners Player I think

Don't know why people don't subscribe honestly it's a few quid a month probably cheaper than a couple of pints. Bunch of penny pinchers trying to save a few pounds they'll probably spend on beer anyway lol.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, December 31, 2016, 4:14pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from TAGG

We have huffed & puffed but it's a lot better than the last game.
We will win this 👍🎉🎉🎉🎉

I agree, we sound more likely to score. So happy Dizza is on and showing them how to play midfield
Posted by: BeijingMariner, December 31, 2016, 4:18pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Kris2

Don't know why people don't subscribe honestly it's a few quid a month probably cheaper than a couple of pints. Bunch of penny pinchers trying to save a few pounds they'll probably spend on beer anyway lol.

we never know about other people's situations mate, only our own
Posted by: BeijingMariner, December 31, 2016, 4:22pm; Reply: 34
all JT and AB are saying is how Disley is playing excellent passes and everyone else seems to be losing the ball......Dizza needs to start every match I reckon, he knows what he is doing. I wonder why MB hasnt been choosing him? These injuries might mean he gets more starts
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, December 31, 2016, 4:23pm; Reply: 35
all JT and AB are saying is how Disley is playing excellent passes and everyone else seems to be losing the ball......Dizza needs to start every match I reckon, he knows what he is doing. I wonder why MB hasnt been choosing him? These injuries might mean he gets more starts

Got to agree when he comes on he seems to be a game changer, I hope he sticks with Disley a bit, let the man pass the ball around and create chances
Posted by: Kris2, December 31, 2016, 4:27pm; Reply: 36

we never know about other people's situations mate, only our own

They pay for the internet,probably sky TV,rent,bills,TV licence and they can't afford under £5 a month? Please get a grip. Probably down the pub every night too. Anybody who posts regularly here and claims they can't afford MP is a liar.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, December 31, 2016, 4:29pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Kris2

They pay for the internet,probably sky TV,rent,bills,TV licence and they can't afford under £5 a month? Please get a grip. Probably down the pub every night too.

well, clearly you re a lot better informed about all these people than I am. season's greetings to you too
Posted by: Kris2, December 31, 2016, 4:30pm; Reply: 38

well, clearly you re a lot better informed about all these people than I am. season's greetings to you too

Good of you to be concerned about the poor from your multi million apartment in Beijing given to you by the regime for being a friend of China.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, December 31, 2016, 4:32pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Kris2

Good of you to be concerned about the poor from your multi million apartment in Beijing given to you by the regime for being a friend of China.

not quite sure what you are so angry about or why you are directing it my way, but, whatever, knock yourself out. and happy new year
Posted by: Grantley, December 31, 2016, 4:32pm; Reply: 40
Calm down mate.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 31, 2016, 4:34pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Kris2

They pay for the internet,probably sky TV,rent,bills,TV licence and they can't afford under £5 a month? Please get a grip. Probably down the pub every night too. Anybody who posts regularly here and claims they can't afford MP is a liar.

What about those at work who like to hear the match on the radio like Scunny, Lincoln and Hull fans do.
Posted by: Kris2, December 31, 2016, 4:34pm; Reply: 42

not quite sure what you are so angry about or why you are directing it my way, but, whatever, knock yourself out. and happy new year

I like how you didn't deny that eh comrade  ;D

I also like how you assume I'm angry because I don't believe the people posting here are poor since they can afford to use the internet and their rent etc, This is just more fun than this boring match I'm listening to on MP....Under £5 a month btw and includes full game footage interviews highlights and more so if you can't go to matches and support your club you can online.
Posted by: psgmariner, December 31, 2016, 4:35pm; Reply: 43
Classic match thread.
Posted by: Kris2, December 31, 2016, 4:36pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Marinerz93

What about those at work who like to hear the match on the radio like Scunny, Lincoln and Hull fans do.

Works on your phone too. Suppose I can forgive the old people on here for not knowing how a smartphone works and relying on old technology like the radio.
Posted by: Kris2, December 31, 2016, 4:38pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from psgmariner
Classic match thread.

Not much in the match to talk about really lot;s of "here is the pass, they're going forward, pass comes in and....missed,poor shot,easy save etc"
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 31, 2016, 4:39pm; Reply: 46
Will Jackson be sent back early??
Posted by: chicaneuk, December 31, 2016, 4:42pm; Reply: 47
Has the Mariners Player stream stopped working for anyone else or is it just my computer?

*edit*

Nevermind it was my computer :)
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 31, 2016, 4:43pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Kris2

Works on your phone too. Suppose I can forgive the old people on here for not knowing how a smartphone works and relying on old technology like the radio.

The only phone I have is a works one, an old pre apps Nokia. I don't want to pay for a phone that sucks your face into every minute of the day, checking social sites for invisible friends and pretend likes. Also when working in parts of Lincs you can't get any network so phone is no good. I know a lot of elderly Town fans who used to listen to the games on the radio last season are now cut off and rely on the tele now.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, December 31, 2016, 4:43pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Will Jackson be sent back early??

he's been a bit disappointing, hasn't he? started well, then trailed off.....
Posted by: forza ivano, December 31, 2016, 4:54pm; Reply: 50
Scunthorpe lose in the last minute.happy new year!
Posted by: grimps, December 31, 2016, 4:54pm; Reply: 51
Does anyone know what the gate was today ?
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, December 31, 2016, 4:56pm; Reply: 52
Posted by: chicaneuk, December 31, 2016, 4:57pm; Reply: 53
I could just hear in the background of the commentary that it was over 5,000..
Posted by: BeijingMariner, December 31, 2016, 4:57pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from grimps
Does anyone know what the gate was today ?

242 away
Posted by: Trickytrev, December 31, 2016, 4:58pm; Reply: 55
5637 (242 away)
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 31, 2016, 4:59pm; Reply: 56
It sounds like we have a team of players who simply cant pass a ball
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 31, 2016, 5:01pm; Reply: 57
That was awful, lacking in organisation and quality.
Posted by: lukeo, December 31, 2016, 5:01pm; Reply: 58
I finally purchased MPlayer and it's not that great on match days. sky show me it's full time before the commentary ends
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 31, 2016, 5:03pm; Reply: 59
Up to 12th and on 30 points.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, December 31, 2016, 5:05pm; Reply: 60
Worryingly we are not making chances, the defence sounded fine Mills,Pearson,Collins and Andrew but  Bogle on his own is no good especially with Jackson,Vose er al not  causing any threat either.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, December 31, 2016, 5:11pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Worryingly we are not making chances, the defence sounded fine Mills,Pearson,Collins and Andrew but  Bogle on his own is no good especially with Jackson,Vose er al not  causing any threat either.

yes, it's odd, we were all expecting MB to be favouring attacking football, maybe taking risks, but that hasn't transpired yet. Maybe it's just a matter of the players actually translating what he is asking for into action on the pitch? I think Disley could be instrumental in this simply because of his organisational skills but I don't know anything. Still, two clean sheets in a row, 4 points out of 6, it could be worse
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 31, 2016, 5:14pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from Madeleymariner
It sounds like we have a team of players who simply cant pass a ball

It does seem like that. However, it's not always the player in possession who is at fault. If there is no movement off the ball, there is no pass on. Lumping it forward looks sh1te but sometimes is the only safe option.

That's not to say we don't give the ball away too much. We certainly do. But we need to work a lot harder off the ball IMHO.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, December 31, 2016, 5:19pm; Reply: 63
GTFC tweet that MB says Sean Tuton returned
Posted by: jonnyboy82, December 31, 2016, 5:40pm; Reply: 64
Still waiting for this attacking football you promised us marcus.

Strange because what we have seen is completely the opposite you said you would offer although it is still early i suppose.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 31, 2016, 6:01pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Still waiting for this attacking football you promised us marcus.

Strange because what we have seen is completely the opposite you said you would offer although it is still early i suppose.

Not got the players for it yet. The forwards and midfielders are all much of a muchness. I expect MB will be looking to recruit for this area.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, December 31, 2016, 6:06pm; Reply: 66
I think thats an easy cop out in a way ginny , we certainly have some attacking players and that should not be overlooked in fairness.
Posted by: Skrill, December 31, 2016, 6:07pm; Reply: 67
Henderson made two good saves, although I thought blackpool were not much of a threat throughout. On the other hand we were not clinical enough, Vose was the only one trying to make things happen.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 31, 2016, 6:21pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I think thats an easy cop out in a way ginny , we certainly have some attacking players and that should not be overlooked in fairness.

We were effectively playing with 9.5 players today as Jackson might as well not have been on the pitch and Tombola is an impact sub and squad player for me. Better players to pick from there and we might have looked like scoring. You can't expect a manager to get a team running smoothly straight away. Even Buckley took a while to achieve that and got a bit of stick at first. Non league manager playing non league football with non league players was the verdict when he first came in.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, January 1, 2017, 12:51am; Reply: 69
What the hell as happened to Jackson he looked so promising early on? My own theory is he needs to play much closer to Bogz and feed off him more.
Posted by: Garth, January 1, 2017, 11:25am; Reply: 70
Quoted from Marinerz93

Anyone who has a mobile phone (99.999% of us) can subscribe and receive MP on their handset
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), January 1, 2017, 11:28am; Reply: 71
MOM for me was SP,  Vose in 2nd with some sublime skill on the ball. I was disappointed with Dizza, he struggled with his passing and is a shadow of his past, time to let him go.
Posted by: Garth, January 1, 2017, 11:31am; Reply: 72
Quoted from 28195
MOM for me was SP,  Vose in 2nd with some sublime skill on the ball. I was disappointed with Dizza, he struggled with his passing and is a shadow of his past, time to let him go.

Rubbish! Dis showed class when he came on, and is starting to show signs of lack of game time thats all
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 1:23am