Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mariner_09, December 17, 2016, 11:43am
That's us nil then.
Posted by: Mariner_09, December 17, 2016, 11:45am; Reply: 1
Also Gowling, Chambers drop to bench, Pearson and Bolarinwa back in.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, December 17, 2016, 11:48am; Reply: 2
Is MB making a point we don't need Omar to win us games and get us goals looks like that to me
Posted by: chaos33, December 17, 2016, 11:49am; Reply: 3
No, he's got a thigh injury
Posted by: Mariner_09, December 17, 2016, 11:51am; Reply: 4
Hope it's not serious. Taste of after January tp come today.
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), December 17, 2016, 11:57am; Reply: 5
That came from'out of the blue'!!
I hope he is not Sold!!!

I must admit, I am now suspicious!!
Posted by: Mariner_09, December 17, 2016, 11:59am; Reply: 6
That was my initial suspicion also.
Posted by: sam gy, December 17, 2016, 12:00pm; Reply: 7
Clutching at straws here, but it could work out for us....all their pre match focus would've been working towards how to stop Bogle.
Posted by: Stadium, December 17, 2016, 12:19pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from sam gy
Clutching at straws here, but it could work out for us....all their pre match focus would've been working towards how to stop Bogle.

First part correct.
Posted by: Stadium, December 17, 2016, 12:21pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Is MB making a point we don't need Omar to win us games and get us goals looks like that to me

???
Would be bizarre.
Think he would have been first on the team sheet if fit.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, December 17, 2016, 1:33pm; Reply: 10
Maybe sold and club not risking injuring him by the interested clubs request ?

Just a thought.
Posted by: sam gy, December 17, 2016, 1:44pm; Reply: 11
Maybe he's injured.

Just a thought ;)
Posted by: H19P1, December 17, 2016, 2:32pm; Reply: 12
1.3m apparently
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 17, 2016, 2:33pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from H19P1
1.3m apparently

Hope you've heard wrong. We need more than that.
Posted by: Stadium, December 17, 2016, 2:36pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Hope you've heard wrong. We need more than that.

May need/want more,it will be around 1m.
Posted by: H19P1, December 17, 2016, 2:49pm; Reply: 15
Just terrace talk nothing solid. Hope wrong
Posted by: Meza, December 17, 2016, 2:54pm; Reply: 16
Terrace talk my bottom.  They let him go for 1.3 and they are stupid....why cos he's worth more.  We are not desperate for money.  Its inevitable he will leave but surely next year? And for more than that.
Posted by: H19P1, December 17, 2016, 2:57pm; Reply: 17
Mezza I'm just saying what I heard sorry about that
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, December 17, 2016, 3:24pm; Reply: 18
To where?
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, December 17, 2016, 3:25pm; Reply: 19
To where?
Posted by: Freemoash88, December 17, 2016, 3:30pm; Reply: 20
I HEARD Fenty is standing his ground 2m plus addons.
Posted by: Meza, December 17, 2016, 3:33pm; Reply: 21
Thats better 🤗
Posted by: Freemoash88, December 17, 2016, 3:43pm; Reply: 22
The Barnet offer was nothing more then try unsettle the player and a wind up.
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 17, 2016, 4:35pm; Reply: 23

Marcus Bignot expecting Omar to be back for the Boxing Day clash with Accrington Stanley.......... :)
Posted by: ginnywings, December 17, 2016, 4:42pm; Reply: 24
Omar is only worth what someone is willing to pay. The only question is what we are willing to accept for him and 1.3 million is a massive profit and a big chunk of cash for a club like ourselves.
Posted by: Meza, December 17, 2016, 4:56pm; Reply: 25
Ginny i completely disagree

Omar is only worth what someone is willing to pay.  Then if they dont pay what we...yes we want then he goes no where.  Simples.  Why let him go as soon as 1 mill appears.  Hes worth far more than that to me.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 17, 2016, 5:11pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Meza
Ginny i completely disagree

Omar is only worth what someone is willing to pay.  Then if they dont pay what we...yes we want then he goes no where.  Simples.  Why let him go as soon as 1 mill appears.  Hes worth far more than that to me.

Fair enough, disagree but as in all things in life, everything has a price that someone is willing to pay and it doesn't matter what you or i think. I'm not saying he won't go for more but a bird in the hand and all that.
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), December 17, 2016, 5:25pm; Reply: 27
Fenty's eyes will be spinning £££ signs at the thought of that amount of cash coming through the books. No doubt recovering some of his benign loans will be first on the agenda!!!

I hope I'm wrong!!
Posted by: Garth, December 17, 2016, 5:38pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from ginnywings
Omar is only worth what someone is willing to pay. The only question is what we are willing to accept for him and 1.3 million is a massive profit and a big chunk of cash for a club like ourselves.

Everything in life what you pay for is not worth the money you pay, thats why others make profits on it, if we paid the correct money for everything we buy there would be no shops or millionaires
Posted by: Chris Packit, December 17, 2016, 5:49pm; Reply: 29
I'm not sure who has 1.3 million, let alone 2m for Omar. Forest certainly don't at present and it remains to be seen what the new owners will do. I would think that The bidding would start at £500k for a striker with only half a season's experience in the Football League.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, December 17, 2016, 11:02pm; Reply: 30
£1.3 . There's no way gtfc can turn that down if it's a genuine offer and there's no way Omar would want us to say no . It was a 2 way deal when he signed .
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 18, 2016, 8:51am; Reply: 31
Quoted from Chris Packit
I'm not sure who has 1.3 million, let alone 2m for Omar. Forest certainly don't at present and it remains to be seen what the new owners will do. I would think that The bidding would start at £500k for a striker with only half a season's experience in the Football League.

Kemar roofe played one full season for oxford 40 games I think and went for approaching 3 million and scored 18 goals.  We should be comparing him to these sorts of figures imo
Posted by: H19P1, December 18, 2016, 9:23am; Reply: 32
I bet MB is chomping at the bit for January to arrive so he can make a good start on shaping the team that he wants and not what's been inherited. Few ins and outs in January, secure League status and then a overhaul in Summer. I bet he's drunk with how yesterday went especially with the following support that was truly awesome. Good luck Marcus and happy chopping and shopping 😊
Posted by: Mariner_09, December 18, 2016, 9:37am; Reply: 33
Kemar Roofe isn't a striker though, he's a number 10, who scored a lot of goals for that position.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 18, 2016, 9:47am; Reply: 34
Perhaps Roofe is a better prospect or Leeds paid over the odds, who knows, but you can't say one player is worth x amount because a similar player was sold for that. Vardy went for a million and he's so far turned out to be better than either up to this point.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 18, 2016, 11:23am; Reply: 35
Quoted from ginnywings
Perhaps Roofe is a better prospect or Leeds paid over the odds, who knows, but you can't say one player is worth x amount because a similar player was sold for that. Vardy went for a million and he's so far turned out to be better than either up to this point.

Same age similar academy background in football goalscorers always command more money .. vardys goals were in the conference Omar's have been FL and conference. So arguably Omar's the better prospect certainly out of him and roofe anyway
Posted by: ginnywings, December 18, 2016, 11:33am; Reply: 36
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Same age similar academy background in football goalscorers always command more money .. vardys goals were in the conference Omar's have been FL and conference. So arguably Omar's the better prospect certainly out of him and roofe anyway

You may well be correct, let's hope so.
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, December 18, 2016, 2:01pm; Reply: 37
I think Shaun Pearson showed why he's not normally chosen> Thought he was well dodgy yesterday.  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 18, 2016, 2:05pm; Reply: 38
Yesterday showed that if we lost Omar in Jan and did not replace him with some form of quality we will struggle to score goals.

I suspect Marcus came on the assurance that Omar would not be sold in Jan and we would wait till the close season before he moves.

I am sure Marcus can persuade the player and the board to wait until then but persuading Omar's agent may be a completely different challenge.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 18, 2016, 5:17pm; Reply: 39
I heard he could be off to Forest.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 18, 2016, 5:34pm; Reply: 40
Yesterday I heard villa forest Leeds Wigan scunny and Glasgow rangers that last one came from a decent source and I forgot Peterborough
Posted by: Hagrid, December 18, 2016, 5:54pm; Reply: 41
It'd be foolish for clubs to not look at him, i just hope that if we are selling in January, we dont wait till the last minute to replace Omar
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 18, 2016, 8:50pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from arryarryarry

Heard the same from a fella with reliable connections, £1.3 million, I don't know any other details but this fella was right about Amond and Toto going to Hartlepool.
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 18, 2016, 10:56pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from arryarryarry

Rumour I heard tonight Omar's going to Forest for £2 million in January.

Then again we all know how rumours can escalate.
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 18, 2016, 11:00pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Yesterday I heard villa forest Leeds Wigan scunny and Glasgow rangers that last one came from a decent source and I forgot Peterborough

;D ;D ;D

Posted by: ginnywings, December 18, 2016, 11:13pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from promotion plaice

Well i heard it was 3 million.  ;)
Posted by: Chris Packit, December 19, 2016, 9:36am; Reply: 46
On the Forest transfer rumours Facebook page it says that Omar's agent is talking to Forest. The only sum mentioned is £250 - 500,000.
Posted by: Cloudy, December 19, 2016, 9:38am; Reply: 47
It must be true if it is on Facebook
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 19, 2016, 9:48am; Reply: 48
Quoted from Chris Packit
On the Forest transfer rumours Facebook page it says that Omar's agent is talking to Forest. The only sum mentioned is £250 - 500,000.

Well we defintely want more that £250 for him.  ;)
Posted by: Chris Packit, December 19, 2016, 10:10am; Reply: 49
The point is that the sum of £1m plus has not been mentioned anywhere except on The New Fishy. But then it must be true if it's on The Fishy! Fishful thinking, maybe?
Posted by: mariner91, December 19, 2016, 10:17am; Reply: 50
Quoted from Chris Packit
The point is that the sum of £1m plus has not been mentioned anywhere except on The New Fishy. But then it must be true if it's on The Fishy! Fishful thinking, maybe?

If we sold Omar for less than £1m then the crowds would disappear over night. Even Fenty wouldn't be that daft.
Posted by: GrimRob, December 19, 2016, 10:18am; Reply: 51
Quoted from Chris Packit

What's the going rate for someone his age with 18 months left on his contract, and the side's leading scorer. Has to be well over a million!
Posted by: Mariner_09, December 19, 2016, 10:19am; Reply: 52
We'd also be mad to agree a fee now, what if Forest said £2m, then Derby £2.3m, then Leeds £2.7m before you know it you're at £3m. How much do Solihull get? 20-25%?
Posted by: lukeo, December 19, 2016, 10:27am; Reply: 53
We should just sit tight and see what happens come Jan. No matter how much the first offer is we must sit tight and hold out as long as possible. Forest may offer (for example) 1m first week of Jan. .. Derby may lok elsewhere and fail to get their target so last week of Jan outbid them
Posted by: Garth, December 19, 2016, 11:13am; Reply: 54
Quoted from mariner91

If we sold Omar for less than £1m then the crowds would disappear over night. Even Fenty wouldn't be that daft.

Neither would I,  got half a season ticket left to go yet ;D
Posted by: AlfredTheGreat, December 19, 2016, 11:21am; Reply: 55
Pointless speculation. Too many what ifs and maybes,
Posted by: Chris Packit, December 19, 2016, 2:45pm; Reply: 56
2 hours ago : Omar Bogle has held talks with Forest and it is down to the player to make the move happen!
Posted by: Garth, December 19, 2016, 3:25pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from Chris Packit
2 hours ago : Omar Bogle has held talks with Forest and it is down to the player to make the move happen!

Source? not near enough to January IMO
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 19, 2016, 9:36pm; Reply: 58
;D
Quoted from promotion plaice

Clever
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 19, 2016, 9:59pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Chris Packit

Really on or before December 19th when he cant sign till Jan? Behave FFS!!!

And.............Players usually do what agents advise.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, December 19, 2016, 10:36pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Chris Packit

Bull crap

Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 10:56am