Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Sussexmariner, December 10, 2016, 2:06pm
Team announced, not the one I'd go for but bring it on!!

GTFC Starting XI: McKeown, Andrew, Gowling (c), Collins, Mills, Chambers, Berrett, Summerfield, Comley, Jackson, Bogle.

Subs: Pearson, Disley, Venney, Bolarinwa, Boyce, Vernon, Henderson
Posted by: Belfast Town, December 10, 2016, 2:30pm; Reply: 1
It would be great if Venney could get some minutes on the pitch, today.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 10, 2016, 2:31pm; Reply: 2
Good to see Venney get a spot on the bench rather than the pointless 3 centre back malarkey.
Posted by: Freemoash88, December 10, 2016, 2:31pm; Reply: 3
Listening from Mexico
Posted by: Mariner93er, December 10, 2016, 2:42pm; Reply: 4
It must mean he's impressed Bignot, as there's no browne there
Posted by: MidnightMariner, December 10, 2016, 2:43pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Freemoash88
Listening from Mexico

Give us a wave then 😉
UTM
Posted by: Sussexmariner, December 10, 2016, 2:46pm; Reply: 6
Change of goalkeeper for me and not sure about Jackson

But a very strong bench if it's not going our way!

A good home win against arguably the biggest team in he division could kick start us into a winning streak and making sure those extra town fans that are there today will return.

Seem to remember every time we had a bumper crowd with Hurst we flopped
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 10, 2016, 3:18pm; Reply: 7
Currently being out played and out sung
Posted by: TAGG, December 10, 2016, 3:41pm; Reply: 8
Losing all the midfield battles.
Summerfield & Berett dog excrement.
We are playing in straight lines with no variation in our play.
Been poor 😔
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 10, 2016, 3:51pm; Reply: 9
That was a bad half from town, we look poorly organised and the players don't seem to know where they should be. Summerfield and Berrett having shockers. Portsmouth really not showing a great deal against a very poor town side.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 10, 2016, 3:57pm; Reply: 10
Odd that the subs are in the dressing room still so maybe some changes coming up?
Posted by: moosey_club, December 10, 2016, 3:59pm; Reply: 11
shape isnt working pompey have acres in the middle....when we do get the ball we  are pressured straight away and a total lack of quality  from any of our midfield isnt helping keep the ball. Pompey are slick...quick...strong and we are the polar opposite....
men v boys for first 45 but having said that they have not had a real goal threat.
lucky to be 0-0...would be happy to see venney on second half cos the others dont deserve to stay on.
Posted by: Spidey, December 10, 2016, 4:04pm; Reply: 12
Agree with Moosey,  Pompey totally outplaying us, and not giving us any time on the ball. Will be an interesting second half, wonder how good MB's half time talk will be?
Posted by: Grantley, December 10, 2016, 4:34pm; Reply: 13
Sounds like an exciting game?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 10, 2016, 4:39pm; Reply: 14
We can't pass fuckin water at this rate
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 10, 2016, 4:47pm; Reply: 15
Typical :o
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 10, 2016, 4:47pm; Reply: 16
FFS........talk your way out of this then Marcus
Posted by: hheh2, December 10, 2016, 4:47pm; Reply: 17
oh godam
Posted by: Grantley, December 10, 2016, 4:49pm; Reply: 18
Mckeown beaten by a free kick? Some things never change...
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 10, 2016, 4:50pm; Reply: 19
We are regressing at the moment and don't just mean today
Posted by: Belfast Town, December 10, 2016, 4:52pm; Reply: 20
A small consolation, with Donny losing at Plymouth and have had their best player (Coppinger) sent off.
Posted by: grimps, December 10, 2016, 4:52pm; Reply: 21
Well we all saw that coming , Don't think we've got what it takes to be honest.
Posted by: TAGG, December 10, 2016, 4:53pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from HertsGTFC
We are regressing at the moment and don't just mean today

This
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, December 10, 2016, 4:53pm; Reply: 23
Got a feeling that MB will need to get a few of his own men in before he gets the team where he wants it .
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, December 10, 2016, 4:55pm; Reply: 24
CM personnel just not good enough. This was obvious though back at Wycombe in august when I saw them at Wycombe
Posted by: Freemoash88, December 10, 2016, 4:56pm; Reply: 25
intercourse sake here come the doom and gloom brigade people are not going to be happy unti we win the premier league unbeaten and beaten Barcelona 10-0 in the champions league final.
Posted by: Meza, December 10, 2016, 4:58pm; Reply: 26
Thats why i said mid table consolidation yet some expect miracles in another promotion 🙄

I dont think MB has much options to chose from especially in the middle of the park.

Disley
Berrett

We need better players.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 10, 2016, 5:01pm; Reply: 27
The worry is we are playing terribly in the 1st 45 everygame, is this the players not following instructions, or Bignot getting it wrong before we kickoff- someone also tell me what Jackson brings to our game
Posted by: grimps, December 10, 2016, 5:04pm; Reply: 28
How many was there ?
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 10, 2016, 5:04pm; Reply: 29
That was awful. Looked completely disorganised and lacking in quality
Posted by: jonnyboy82, December 10, 2016, 5:11pm; Reply: 30
Honeymoons over.
Posted by: Meza, December 10, 2016, 5:12pm; Reply: 31
Feel sorry for MB trying to find he best 11 / formation rotating the team.  Its probably causing disjointed performances.  Only problem is he wont be able to offload many players as most are on 2 years.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 10, 2016, 5:18pm; Reply: 32
Second best all game, although to be fair we defended well and McKeown only made one save of note (that I can remember). The free kick was a screamer and he had no chance. With the ball we were utterly clueless and I lost count of the misplaced passes that went out Findus side in the 2nd half (including one 20 seconds before their free kick was given). Taking our best midfielder off was strange and whilst I know some don't like Vose's 'body language' - him (and his knackered leg) standing on Beachy Head listening to Radiohead would've been more fucking use than Berrett today.
Posted by: jimgtfc, December 10, 2016, 5:18pm; Reply: 33
They were much sharper than us in all areas and we were hanging on for most. I said that either a mistake or a bit of magic would win it and the free kick was pretty special.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, December 10, 2016, 5:28pm; Reply: 34
We need to remember that Portsmouth have an established team and almost got promotion last year. Not all GTFC players will last the season and we need to give the manager and players time.

Its not long ago that we beat the League Leaders 3-0 away from home. We may well get beaten by both Donny and Blackpool, but provided we beat Accrington on Boxing Day we could still be in the top half of the League going into 2017.

From a year ago, I would take that.
Posted by: GtfcGarner, December 10, 2016, 5:33pm; Reply: 35
To not have a shot at home and not look threatening till we concede is terrible. To Portsmouth credit they came here and closed down and didn't give us a single minute on the ball. Omar was just left on his own with no support looked frustrated all afternoon. I thought the defence was solid all game and we got beaten by a delightful free kick worthy of winning any game. James Berrett is a liability of a player and was a passenger all game, seen nothing positive from him since he's come here and was a massive weak link today. The substitutions was way off the mark today aswell for me.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 10, 2016, 10:55pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Got a feeling that MB will need to get a few of his own men in before he gets the team where he wants it .

What more non league players?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 10, 2016, 10:59pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Meza
Feel sorry for MB trying to find he best 11 / formation rotating the team.  Its probably causing disjointed performances.  Only problem is he wont be able to offload many players as most are on 2 years.

After 5 games and 2 weeks "double session" training I would have thought he would have been closer to finding is best side more than what today suggested.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 10, 2016, 11:00pm; Reply: 38
You seem to be really p1ssed off Herts. Crap performance and rainy, long drive home i suspect?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 10, 2016, 11:18pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from ginnywings
You seem to be really p1ssed off Herts. Crap performance and rainy, long drive home i suspect?

All of that well spotted Ginny, I possibly need to tone it down a bit TBH but the Mrs has got the X Factor recording on the telly stopping me watching MOTD. You  think she would have more care for my plight!

I actually think the we have got quite a fair few pieces in our jigsaw hungry manager, o.k. playing squad, fans, attendances, merchandise revenue etc.. etc... just frustrated we can't take some time & thought to put it together properly!

Also "us" last manager promised little but delivered in the end and maybe we should go back to that media strategy for a bit.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 10, 2016, 11:22pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from HertsGTFC

All of that well spotted Ginny, I possibly need to tone it down a bit TBH but the Mrs has got the X Factor recording on the telly stopping me watching MOTD. You  think she would have more care for my plight!

I actually think the we have got quite a fair few pieces in our jigsaw hungry manager, o.k. playing squad, fans, attendances, merchandise revenue etc.. etc... just frustrated we can't take some time & thought to put it together properly!

Also "us" last manager promised little but delivered in the end and maybe we should go back to that media strategy for a bit.

You're not missing much on MOTD. Just the 5 or 6 goals in every game so far. ;)

Posted by: louth_in_the_south, December 10, 2016, 11:25pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from HertsGTFC

What more non league players?

You're one angry lad tonight Herts . Now you're home my suggestion is down a couple cans of spesh and chill the fook out !
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 10, 2016, 11:42pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

You're one angry lad tonight Herts . Now you're home my suggestion is down a couple cans of spesh and chill the fook out !

On it...........
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 8:48am