Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: oldun, December 10, 2016, 9:46am
Another good positive and realistic interview on Mariner Player. Looking forward to the game to assess where the team are at and to see if they can implement those things they have been working on. A smattering of his usual humour, when Dale asked him about the right back situation and Ben Davies v Zak Mils. "Oh are you the manager now Dale?" then "seriously listen, Ben is a very good footballer and so is Zak, but remember they can both play in more than one position, so not as straightforward as you think". When talking about Davies and Macallister's injury situation he said "they had better be ready to go in the new year, It will be like having 2 new signings and I won't have spent a penny. Saving the club a fortune I am" or words to that effect.
Posted by: Kris2, December 10, 2016, 12:47pm; Reply: 1
It's becoming quite entertaining watching him give Dale the run around when he tries to get Marcus to commit to something in an interview. The end made me laugh when he was asked if any players have knocked on his door unhappy they aren't playing "No...And if they were I wouldn't tell you!" his personality is quite full on much like how he wants to play football we just need to work at getting the best from how he wants us to play.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 10, 2016, 12:51pm; Reply: 2
He has been an entertaining breath of fresh air, but as he says, it's on the pitch where he will be judged ultimately. I hope to god he is as successful as his persona suggests.
Posted by: denni266, December 10, 2016, 6:06pm; Reply: 3
its a pitty that talking dont win games. and lets face it,, he is not winning many is he. changeing the whole style of play half way through a season is a disaster waiting to happen. we just needed a bit more up front
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 9:35pm