Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Cloudy, December 9, 2016, 8:30pm
                       Henderson

Mills       Gowling.          Collins.       Andrew

Comley.               Disley
Boliniwra                                         Chambers

Jackson

Bogle

Think it looks like MB prefers a 4-2-3-1 formation as I heard he believes Bogle is best on his own up front as he is so unpredictable a co striker could get in his way? Not sure I agree but it isn't my decision.

Interesting who gets to play the more advanced central midfield role. I half expect it to be Berrett but wonder if Jackson would be suited to play there?
Posted by: Mariner_09, December 9, 2016, 8:57pm; Reply: 1
               McKeown

Mills Gowling Collins Andrew

Comley Summerfield

Bolarinwa Berrett Chambers

Bogle

Bench: Henderson, Pearson, Jones, Dis, Browne, Jackson, Vernon
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 9, 2016, 9:12pm; Reply: 2
I'd bring Pearson back in instead of Gowling, He's made a couple of costly mistakes recently.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 9, 2016, 10:23pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Mariner_09
               McKeown

Comley Summerfield

Bogle

I suspect that's the team apart from maybe the keeper.
Posted by: Grantley, December 9, 2016, 11:00pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Mariner_09
               McKeown

Comley Summerfield

Bogle

I wouldn't have Andrew- looks a bit suspect defensively.
Posted by: mariner91, December 9, 2016, 11:01pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Cloudy
                       Henderson

Mills       Gowling.          Collins.       Andrew

Comley.               Disley
Boliniwra                                         Chambers

Jackson

Bogle

Think it looks like MB prefers a 4-2-3-1 formation as I heard he believes Bogle is best on his own up front as he is so unpredictable a co striker could get in his way? Not sure I agree but it isn't my decision.

Interesting who gets to play the more advanced central midfield role. I half expect it to be Berrett but wonder if Jackson would be suited to play there?

I don't think Jackson would suit there at all. His main asset is his speed which wouldn't be best utilised from the 10 role, either out wide or on the shoulder of the last defender would be better for him. He's not particularly technically gifted and he's not overly good at finding space either so I really don't think he'd offer much.
Posted by: Mariner_09, December 9, 2016, 11:11pm; Reply: 6
I wouldn't pick Andrew, just have no alternative. And yes he is suspect defensively!

In retrospect maybe I would play Pearson but Collins and Pearson would be slowest partnerships ever!
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 9, 2016, 11:24pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mariner_09
               McKeown

Comley Summerfield

Bogle

Pearson for Gowling , maybe Hendrson in as well
Posted by: WetFlannel, December 10, 2016, 9:30am; Reply: 8
I think we should play Henderson, I've not completely lost faith in McKeown or anything silly like that but with his poor form I think he needs to sit out a game or two. Get his competitive side going because I think he's become too complacent presuming he's going to start every week. As long as Bignot is sensible, brings him to one side and explains the situation then it would be the right thing to do. Plus if Henderson plays and impresses and IS able to make a case for first team football it'd be easier to ask Man Utd. if we can keep him for the rest of the season.
Posted by: fishyfan, December 10, 2016, 9:53am; Reply: 9
Henderson

Mills Pearson Collins Andrew

Disley Comley

Bolarinwa Browne Chambers

Bogle

Macca and Gowling cost us a lot of points this season with silly mistakes would like to see Pearson and Henderson given a chance.

Need Rhys Browne in for some creativity getting in between defence and their midfield.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 10, 2016, 12:20pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from fishyfan
Henderson

Mills Pearson Collins Andrew

Disley Comley

Bolarinwa Browne Chambers

Bogle

Macca and Gowling cost us a lot of points this season with silly mistakes would like to see Pearson and Henderson given a chance.

Need Rhys Browne in for some creativity getting in between defence and their midfield.

Wouldn't be like us to put square pegs in round holes would it?
Posted by: fishyfan, December 10, 2016, 12:31pm; Reply: 11
The old codger Rhys Browne is a player than can play in anh if the three behind the striker, he is a clever player that roams and finds space.
Posted by: Garth, December 10, 2016, 12:37pm; Reply: 12
IMO he will play Henderson and Pearson in place of Macca and Gowling to start with, and see how it goes.
Pearson has never let us down and deserves a start, Hendy well we will see, big crowd and all that.
As for the rest of the team, MB has had 10 days to evaluate a system that he thinks will be best suited
Posted by: Kris2, December 10, 2016, 12:50pm; Reply: 13
If Macca and Gowling aren't in the starting line up today I'll be surprised those are the changes I'm least expecting but you never know.Home game with a big away crowd is a lot of pressure for a Henderson debut.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 10, 2016, 1:02pm; Reply: 14
They use a 4-2-3-1 formation i think which would cry out for width to counter while needing to be solid centrally.......think its going to be open....another 2-2 !?!?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 10, 2016, 1:10pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from fishyfan
The old codger Rhys Browne is a player than can play in anh if the three behind the striker, he is a clever player that roams and finds space.

Well, if he's given a chance we'll find out!
Posted by: Bigdog, December 10, 2016, 1:43pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Garth
IMO he will play Henderson and Pearson in place of Macca and Gowling to start with, and see how it goes.
Pearson has never let us down and deserves a start, Hendy well we will see, big crowd and all that.
As for the rest of the team, MB has had 10 days to evaluate a system that he thinks will be best suited

What does that mean? He's never made a mistake? Or that he gives 100% effort? Gowling gives 100% every week too.

Get tired of people building Pearson up to be some latter day Bobby Moore or something. Great servant to the club, wins headers and tackles but is slow as f, can't pass and he gets caught out ball watching. Wish people would show a bit of loyalty to some of the players. At this rate if they were manager we wouldn't have a team as every player makes mistakes and they'd all be dropped. Some mistakes are easier to see than others, but some of the ones certain fans can't see are just as detrimental to the team. Give Gowling a break, he's been playing well after getting over his injury and is certainly better than Pearson. And stop thinking putting Pearson in would automatically solve any defensive woes we may or may not have.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 10, 2016, 2:54pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Bigdog

What does that mean? He's never made a mistake? Or that he gives 100% effort? Gowling gives 100% every week too.

Get tired of people building Pearson up to be some latter day Bobby Moore or something. Great servant to the club, wins headers and tackles but is slow as f, can't pass and he gets caught out ball watching. Wish people would show a bit of loyalty to some of the players. At this rate if they were manager we wouldn't have a team as every player makes mistakes and they'd all be dropped. Some mistakes are easier to see than others, but some of the ones certain fans can't see are just as detrimental to the team. Give Gowling a break, he's been playing well after getting over his injury and is certainly better than Pearson. And stop thinking putting Pearson in would automatically solve any defensive woes we may or may not have.

Gowling is having a howler every other game, he is not playing well
Posted by: Badger57, December 10, 2016, 4:47pm; Reply: 18
Alan Buckley, "If Macca has his angles right we'll be ok here."
.......Oops!  :-(
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 8:31pm