Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: RoboCod, November 19, 2016, 5:24pm
Marcus Beanyoh Bignot!

It's a really tight division, but had Plymouth won they'd have been on 41 points! What a score

I know some people balk at the mention of Hurst and say move on etc, but we're just into this transition period and comparisons are there to be made, so my main thought is this. Had we been leading 1-0 today with Hurst in charge, I would have put money on Town not getting the all important second. To then grab a third fills me with a feeling I've not had in a long time; of taking a game to the opposition and shocking them by not sitting back but going looking for another, of resolute confidence and being fearless.

3 goals, 3 points gained at the top teams place, and all accomplished with exciting football. It won't be this good all of the time, we know, but this is the standard that Marcus is looking for, and that has to bode well. What could it be like if he starts spoiling us !? (winkiss)
Posted by: ginnywings, November 19, 2016, 5:34pm; Reply: 1
I think it's apparent from the pre match interview with Comley that the players are experiencing a more attacking mindset from the manager and saying he has more license to get forward. BigChris commented today on how quickly we moved up the pitch, whereas under Hurst, we would go sideways more. When the first goal went in today, i thought to myself, come on let's have 2 or 3 and not be chewing my finger nails off while we defend a 1-0 lead, as we would have done under Hurst. I never felt nervous at all today and would have been more than happy with a draw, but a comfortable and well deserved win at the league leaders is fantastic. I would have been happy with 6 or 7 points from this run of five games but didn't think three of them would come in the first of them.

Brilliant!
Posted by: Skrill, November 19, 2016, 5:52pm; Reply: 2
Plymouth have not lost a game for three months, drawn two and won all the rest. We went at them, and won a fully deserved, loud 0 - 3 victory. Bring on Carlisle!
Posted by: chaos33, November 19, 2016, 5:57pm; Reply: 3
Totally agree with the OP. Just a completely different mindset and ethos to the previous regime and look what can be achieved! Fantastic result, and massive respect to the squad, manager and superb travelling fans.

UTFM.  :)
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, November 19, 2016, 6:13pm; Reply: 4
What away league result in the past has been better than this?
Posted by: Hertsmariner, November 19, 2016, 6:24pm; Reply: 5
And I just celebrated by paying an annual subscription to MP!
I buy a ST to support the club even though I don't get to many home games (distance and cost of travel). But MP seems an excellent way to watch the games I'm unable to attend, particularly as the 'turgid' era seems at last to have been left behind.  
Posted by: Doctor Sanchez, November 19, 2016, 6:31pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

Newcastle 0 Town 1 with Dobbin's screamer springs to mind.  But today's is definitely up there, great result.
Posted by: Abdul19, November 19, 2016, 6:46pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

Wycombe under the messiah, Mike Newell.
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 19, 2016, 6:52pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from ginnywings
I think it's apparent from the pre match interview with Comley that the players are experiencing a more attacking mindset from the manager and saying he has more license to get forward. BigChris commented today on how quickly we moved up the pitch, whereas under Hurst, we would go sideways more. When the first goal went in today, i thought to myself, come on let's have 2 or 3 and not be chewing my finger nails off while we defend a 1-0 lead, as we would have done under Hurst. I never felt nervous at all today and would have been more than happy with a draw, but a comfortable and well deserved win at the league leaders is fantastic. I would have been happy with 6 or 7 points from this run of five games but didn't think three of them would come in the first of them.

Brilliant!

I walked the dogs on Cleethorpes beach the other week and came across a few crabs pushing a marble around. I stood and watched and after half an hour, I shouted 'COME ON TOWN'', then I realised that we don't watch that type of football anymore  ;D
Posted by: Garth, November 19, 2016, 7:34pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from chaos33
Totally agree with the OP. Just a completely different mindset and ethos to the previous regime and look what can be achieved! Fantastic result, and massive respect to the squad, manager and superb travelling fans.

UTFM.  :)

Lets not forget in all the excitement of a very good win, who decimated the team at the end of last season and signed all the players that won today---just saying like----- but as we all know he would have dealt the hand differently to that of his successor today, its not the cards you hold but the way you play them UTM
Posted by: Golden fox, November 19, 2016, 9:20pm; Reply: 10
As JF stated "we thank Paul Hurst for services rendered " and we shouldn't forget him , Chris Doig and past / present players got us to where we are now . But the signs are that Marcus Bignot can take us into a new and potentially more exciting era . What a result today .UTMM . Fox 🐺
Posted by: acko338, November 20, 2016, 4:52pm; Reply: 11
Happy players who already had the beginnings of squad unity, team assembled by Hurst and must be taken forward by Bignot.

Not an instant time to judge, BUT.... if he can motivate this squad up to Christmas while assessing those he can work with and those he may not be able to push further, then whatever occurs in the January transfer period will be the one that takes us forward with Bignot's ideas and tactics.

Defending higher, going for more than one goal in a game, not believing that the opposition are better before kick off - all good signs that he is a winner in his head, and wants success in his own style, and certainly yelling at the players to get the message across.

Passion from the manager will transmit to the crowd via on field play - he comes across as ambitious and ready to raise the bar,
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 8:48pm