Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, November 12, 2016, 7:37pm
I see we play the top 4 in the next 5 games, what do you think is a realistic points total from these games.
I do hope whatever we get the fans stay positive and get behind Marcus

Next 5 are

Plymouth Away (1)
Carlisle Home (2)
Crawley Away (13)
Portsmouth Home (4)
Doncaster Away (3)

Posted by: ginnywings, November 12, 2016, 7:52pm; Reply: 1
Tough run. I'd be happy with 6 or 7 points, very happy at 8 or 9 and ecstatic at anything more. Realistically speaking, we could end up with 4 or 5. Still a work in progress and the next run of games will be a test of the squad and MB's managerial capabilities. Carlisle surprisingly lost to Newport, which shows how close this league is.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 12, 2016, 7:54pm; Reply: 2
Anything more than 6 points from those 5 games will be good going and would surely stand us in good stead for the rest of the season.
Posted by: Bigdog, November 12, 2016, 7:54pm; Reply: 3
Comley apart, our central midfield worries me.

My head says 5 points, which will drop us into the bottom half.

My heart hopes MB can fire up the lads to get 10 points, which will keep us in a play-off spot.
Posted by: ginnywings, November 12, 2016, 8:02pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Bigdog
Comley apart, our central midfield worries me.

My head says 5 points, which will drop us into the bottom half.

My heart hopes MB can fire up the lads to get 10 points, which will keep us in a play-off spot.

Agreed, worries me too and they were bullied i thought today. Needed Disley in there to stabilise us today as Comley ended up on the left and i would have put money on Berrett being subbed.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 13, 2016, 11:14am; Reply: 5
5 games 5 pts would not be too bad as Marcus tries to find his best team and formation,

I hope we manage 7 anymore than that will be excellent.
Posted by: rancido, November 13, 2016, 12:04pm; Reply: 6
They are certainly tough games but it will give Marcus a chance to see how the squad performs against the better sides in this league and also the strengths and weaknesses of these teams. These next few games will be a steep learning curve for Marcus but with the " intelligent " use of the players we have then I'm sure things will be ok. It's only six weeks until the transfer window opens but that gives him plenty of time to truly assess the squad and decide who he needs and doesn't need to progress.
Posted by: Mariner_09, November 14, 2016, 10:04pm; Reply: 7
Plymouth haven't lost since August and have won 12 of the last 14, a point there would be a phenomenal result. Hopefully after their defeat on Saturday we can catch Carlisle on a poor run and get something. If we do lose those 2 which is perfectly possible we will absolutely need something at Crawley and then Portsmouth and Donny aren't any easier. If it goes badly we could be down there by Christmas. My hope is that the number of teams between us and the bottom 2 will stand us in good stead. Maybe we'll get new manager syndrome and not lose the next 5 and win 3 of them or something.
Posted by: Brisbane Mariner, November 14, 2016, 10:10pm; Reply: 8
A 6 point return from those games would be Par and anything more is a bonus - we should get three at Crawley - just because!! 8) 8)
Posted by: chaos33, November 14, 2016, 10:13pm; Reply: 9
League two strikes me as a bit mad and often unpredictable. Plenty of teams between us and trouble and most have very inconsistent form. Nobody has an easy 'next 5 games'. On paper I don't fancy us to get too many points from the next quintet but then I fancied Carlisle to beat Newport on Saturday!

Crawley looks the one with scope for points but who knows - we might win the next two! It looks a tall order for us to maintain a play off place between now and Christmas but I think we can stay above the bottom third with a couple of decent results.
Posted by: TAGG, November 14, 2016, 10:16pm; Reply: 10
Looking at those games 8 points 👍
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 15, 2016, 9:28pm; Reply: 11
There is nothing in this league between the ones near the top and the ones near the bottom,

When we lost at Colchester they were in the top 3,

Now they are in the bottom 3,

Only Plymouth and Carlisle are winning consistently ,

BUT

They have to lose sometime don't they ?  ;)
Posted by: MarinerRob, November 15, 2016, 11:28pm; Reply: 12
Quoted Text
Only Plymouth and Carlisle are winning consistently ,

This Saturday and next Tuesday hopefully. (I mean for them to be losing)
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 16, 2016, 9:21am; Reply: 13
Plymouth actually LOST their first 2 games and were bottom of the table. Since then they have won 12 and drawn 2 of their last 14 matches. Would be great if we could break their unbeaten run on Saturday but it's a big, big ask.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 16, 2016, 12:07pm; Reply: 14
5 points would do me. That would see us mid-table going into Xmas.
Posted by: easypeersy, November 17, 2016, 7:08am; Reply: 15
We beat Luton when they were top. Can do the same to Plymouth.
Posted by: oldun, November 17, 2016, 7:52am; Reply: 16
We have to go into every game believing we can win. Sat is no different.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 9:34pm