Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ginnywings, October 29, 2016, 2:14pm
Tombola and Vernon in, Jackson and ? out. Didn't catch who the other was. Time to see what Vernon can do.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, October 29, 2016, 2:16pm; Reply: 1
GTFC Starting XI: McKeown, Mills, Gowling, Collins, Andrew, Bolarinwa, Summerfield, Disley (c), Berrett, Bogle, Vernon.

Subs: Henderson, Boyce, Pearson, Vose, Rhys Browne, Comley, Jackson.

[url=http://wall.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/Event/Mariners_Wall]Source[/url]
Posted by: ginnywings, October 29, 2016, 2:18pm; Reply: 2
Vose the other one dropped. Probably too open with him on one wing and Tombola on the other?
Posted by: Abdul19, October 29, 2016, 2:19pm; Reply: 3
Vose out. New manager, same old Berrett wide I assume.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 29, 2016, 2:21pm; Reply: 4
Understandable slotting Vernon in, we have hardly created a chance recently and i think if we play to Vernon's feet he will link the midfield and attack well, also hopefully Bogle will get the support he needs to be more effective with this move.
Posted by: chaos33, October 29, 2016, 2:25pm; Reply: 5
Surprised to see Vose out or rather than in his correct position and don't understand why there's no Comley but there are places for Berrett and Summerfield. ?Hey ho....
Posted by: davmariner, October 29, 2016, 2:30pm; Reply: 6
Can understand Vernon being given a chance but Vose got the assist v Cambridge.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 29, 2016, 2:30pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from chaos33
Surprised to see Vose out or rather than in his correct position and don't understand why there's no Comley but there are places for Berrett and Summerfield. ?Hey ho....

Dave Moore is 4-4-2 through and through. Expansive attacking football is not in his vocabulary. Straightforward - play it to Vernon, get up in support, play Bogle in. That's Dave.

Posted by: golfer, October 29, 2016, 2:33pm; Reply: 8
When's the match gonna start. I've been waiting half an hour. I bet the ref forgot to put his watch 1 hour forward last night. Silly sod
Posted by: jimgtfc, October 29, 2016, 2:38pm; Reply: 9
Sorry to be a dumbass but how can I get commentary? I'm stuck at work
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 29, 2016, 2:45pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from jimgtfc

Subscribe to Mariners Player
Download the EFL Digital Player app
Listen using it

Alternatively, live in the Radio Humberside broadcast area and find yourself a radio.
Posted by: Kris2, October 29, 2016, 2:51pm; Reply: 11
Comley and Vose on the bench? Seems a bit crazy considering they are some of our better players so far, probably going to see a lot of long balls from the back in this game. Interested to see what Vernon can do alongside Bogle thought he did alright in the first game of the season but hasn't really featured much since then.
Posted by: carrot top, October 29, 2016, 2:57pm; Reply: 12
Vose out? Disappointed with that.
Good to see Browne on the bench though
Posted by: golfer, October 29, 2016, 2:57pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from jimgtfc

Humberside Digital [DAB]
Posted by: headingly_mariner, October 29, 2016, 2:59pm; Reply: 14
Surprised Summerfield kept his place of Comley. Hopefully we can play to Vernon's strength because he's a good player.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, October 29, 2016, 3:04pm; Reply: 15
Glad to see Vernons getting a chance to run about same for Tombolla, I would of kept Vose in though and probably of dropped Berrett
Posted by: moosey_club, October 29, 2016, 3:08pm; Reply: 16
interesting comment there that the Town fans not allowed in the open terrace but having to use the seats instead.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 29, 2016, 3:09pm; Reply: 17
Stonewall penalty denied for Town.
Posted by: Grimbiggs, October 29, 2016, 3:11pm; Reply: 18
Summerfield upto his usual tricks, giving the ball away in a dangerous postion when under no pressure!
Posted by: jimgtfc, October 29, 2016, 3:11pm; Reply: 19
No dab radio at work, might have to subscribe to mariners player 😒
Posted by: Kris2, October 29, 2016, 3:15pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from jimgtfc
No dab radio at work, might have to subscribe to mariners player 😒

And have the extended highlights and full game video to watch plus interviews as well as radio commentary for each game for pennies a month? How terrible lol.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 29, 2016, 3:17pm; Reply: 21
Omar playing well by the sound of it.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, October 29, 2016, 3:28pm; Reply: 22
Shrewsbury winning
Posted by: Vance Warner, October 29, 2016, 3:37pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Kris2

And have the extended highlights and full game video to watch plus interviews as well as radio commentary for each game for pennies a month? How terrible lol.

I've just subscribed for a year. Commentary keeps going off. Is it always this bad?
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, October 29, 2016, 3:37pm; Reply: 24
Should be winning by sounds of it.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 29, 2016, 3:39pm; Reply: 25

Southend  equalize against Shrewsbury....... :)
Posted by: pontoonlew, October 29, 2016, 3:43pm; Reply: 26
Are we going to get regular Shrewsbury updates now? Get in.
Posted by: Kris2, October 29, 2016, 3:43pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Vance Warner

I've just subscribed for a year. Commentary keeps going off. Is it always this bad?

Commentary isn't going off for me, probably something on your end.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 29, 2016, 3:45pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Kris2

Commentary isn't going off for me, probably something on your end.

Warts ?
Posted by: Kris2, October 29, 2016, 3:45pm; Reply: 29
Is this the Shrewsbury fan board now? It's bad enough we have Lincoln,Hartlepool and Scunthorpe fans here updating us on the scores.
Posted by: MidnightMariner, October 29, 2016, 3:48pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Kris2
Is this the Shrewsbury fan board now? It's bad enough we have Lincoln,Hartlepool and Scunthorpe fans here updating us on the scores.

I have heard a rumour the Shrews fans are taking over the fishy but according to fenty no official approach has been made 😂
Utm

Posted by: Garth, October 29, 2016, 3:50pm; Reply: 31
Half Time Southend 1 Hurst 1 ;) ;D ;D
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 29, 2016, 3:51pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Kris2

No, it's a board for fans of a team whose manger has just walked out on them for another club.  Hullberside haven't mentioned Shrewsbury once.  So maybe you could just listen to that ?!!
Posted by: Kris2, October 29, 2016, 3:54pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Civvy at last

No, it's a board for fans of a team whose manger has just walked out on them for another club.  Hullberside haven't mentioned Shrewsbury once.  So maybe you could just listen to that ?!!

He's moved on, clearly you have not lol. an employee of the club took on a new job and we'll get a new manager you sound like he kicked your dog and had sex with your wife then got your kids to call him daddy.

Why so much rage?!!!
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, October 29, 2016, 3:58pm; Reply: 34
0-0, Disley nearly scored in the dying seconds of the first half.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 29, 2016, 3:58pm; Reply: 35
Usual half of denied penalties and missed chances. We really have to put teams away when the chances come along.
Posted by: jimgtfc, October 29, 2016, 4:00pm; Reply: 36
First priority of our new manager has to be to find a way to score goals again. Very worrying.
Posted by: Ipswin, October 29, 2016, 4:17pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from jimgtfc
First priority of our new manager has to be to find a way to score goals again. Very worrying.

Amond is scoring ...so is Hoban,
Posted by: buckstown, October 29, 2016, 4:28pm; Reply: 38
Good commentator
Posted by: Garth, October 29, 2016, 4:29pm; Reply: 39
Can`t buy a goal at the moment, enough chances.
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 29, 2016, 4:31pm; Reply: 40
Vernon and Berrett off please, Vose and Jackson on please.
Posted by: Ipswin, October 29, 2016, 4:33pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Garth
Can`t buy a goal at the moment, enough chances.

But we have a £1M star striker destined for the Premier League and England........don't we?
Posted by: lee65, October 29, 2016, 4:33pm; Reply: 42
Bottom side Newport winning 2-0 away at Accrington!
Posted by: Ipswin, October 29, 2016, 4:35pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from lee65
Bottom side Newport winning 2-0 away at Accrington!

Any one can beat any one in this league (Town excepted of course!)

Posted by: Garth, October 29, 2016, 4:36pm; Reply: 44
Need changes now up front IMO, Vernon and Berrett off for Jackson and Vose
Posted by: Ipswin, October 29, 2016, 4:37pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Garth
Need changes now up front IMO, Vernon and Berrett off for Jackson and Vose

Have we tried Vernon and Jackson together yet?

Posted by: Kris2, October 29, 2016, 4:40pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Ipswin

Have we tried Vernon and Jackson together yet?

Against Morecambe they started together
Posted by: Garth, October 29, 2016, 4:41pm; Reply: 47
Summerfield needs to go off not Dis
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 29, 2016, 4:41pm; Reply: 48
Wow....did you hear that?

McKeown with a brilliant catch!  (blink(1))

Well done Macca.... :)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 29, 2016, 4:42pm; Reply: 49
Diz goes off and Comley comes on....

Hope he can impose himself on the game straight away and try to spur us on to getting those 3 points
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 29, 2016, 4:44pm; Reply: 50
Can't understand what anyone sees in Summerfield (excels at giving the ball away in dangerous positions) and Berrett (excels at ruining promising attacks by waywardly shooting from 20 odd yards). No idea how they've both stayed on while Disley has been pulled off.
Posted by: mariner tommy, October 29, 2016, 4:45pm; Reply: 51
Come on Town, we can do this.

UTM
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, October 29, 2016, 4:45pm; Reply: 52
Hartlepool was winning 0-2, they had a bloke sent off in 68th minute, and Barnet went and knocked in 3 goals in 10 minutes lol!  ;D
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 29, 2016, 4:48pm; Reply: 53
Browne has replaced Bolarinwa

Jackson now on for Vernon too

Are we going to go for it? Or just see it out?

Hope it's the former

Come on Town

UTM
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, October 29, 2016, 4:48pm; Reply: 54
Shocking!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 29, 2016, 4:49pm; Reply: 55
Good away support again.....387 Town so about 10% of the total attendance
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, October 29, 2016, 4:50pm; Reply: 56
Wonder if any of the applicant managers are in the crowd.  Get the Binnoculars out...
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 29, 2016, 4:51pm; Reply: 57
Come on boys see this out if we can hang on this is a good away point.
Posted by: mariner tommy, October 29, 2016, 4:51pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Wonder if any of the applicant managers are in the crowd.  Get the Binnoculars out...

I would say there definitely will be.

UTM
Posted by: Teesknees, October 29, 2016, 4:53pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Shocking!

Inconceivable!!
Posted by: Ipswin, October 29, 2016, 4:53pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from mariner tommy

I would say there definitely will be.

UTM

How many will withdraw their applications tomorrow I wonder?  :)

Posted by: Nelly GTFC, October 29, 2016, 4:55pm; Reply: 61
Full-time 0-0
Posted by: mariner tommy, October 29, 2016, 4:56pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from Ipswin

How many will withdraw their applications tomorrow I wonder?  :)

By all accounts we've played well haven't we ?

UTM
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 29, 2016, 4:56pm; Reply: 63
A point is more than acceptable on a long away trip like that with a caretaker manager, but it's still worrying how little we threaten from open play. Hopefully a new manager can get us firing again.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 29, 2016, 4:57pm; Reply: 64
Good point on the road?

Guess it has to be viewed that way even though with a bit of luck we might have had all three....

Still it's yet another trip on our travels unbeaten and steadies the ship a bit after the week's turbulence

UTM
Posted by: Ipswin, October 29, 2016, 4:57pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from mariner tommy

By all accounts we've played well haven't we ?

UTM

Well we didn't lose but once again it sounds like we had and didn't take our chances to win it

Posted by: Civvy at last, October 29, 2016, 5:03pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from Kris2

He's moved on, clearly you have not lol. an employee of the club took on a new job and we'll get a new manager you sound like he kicked your dog and had sex with your wife then got your kids to call him daddy.

Why so much rage?!!!

Not going to hijack the thread Kris. But if that post of mine trying to explain why some folk may be interested in our ex manager seemed like rage.  You have lead a very very sheltered life indeed. And please show me one post where I have had any sort of dig at PH ??? Here's a clue ( I haven't ) 😄

Back on topic though. Not a bad point, but still seem to have the lack of converting the half decent chances we are creating. If that come good we will be sorted.
Posted by: Badger57, October 29, 2016, 5:06pm; Reply: 67
A point on the road is always a good one, especially when I bet on the draw and have an extra 30 "beer tokens" in my pocket to spend tonight! :-)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 29, 2016, 5:06pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from Ipswin

Well we didn't lose but once again it sounds like we had and didn't take our chances to win it

As long as we are creating it WILL start to click, good away point as if we had lost they would have gone above us. Like us all still a bit concerned about our lack of goals.
Still sat 8th and "could" make the play offs which is something that surely would attract a decent candidate, but it needs to happen soon!

Posted by: oochiad, October 29, 2016, 5:14pm; Reply: 69
Good away point, made plenty of chances and their keeper had to make some great saves. U T M
Posted by: easypeersy, October 29, 2016, 5:21pm; Reply: 70
We have not scored more than one goal in eight consecutive matches now!
That is very very worrying!
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 29, 2016, 5:23pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from easypeersy
We have not scored more than one goal in eight consecutive matches now!
That is very very worrying!

Very very 'frustrating'. But given our league position I would say 'slightly' worrying.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 29, 2016, 5:24pm; Reply: 72
Good point - probably shows how much respect players have for Mooro as he is clear that he has no managerial aspirations. Wish we could score a few more goals though as it looks like whoever comes in has a decent squad to work with.
Posted by: jock dock tower, October 29, 2016, 5:25pm; Reply: 73
That's now five away games without conceding a goal. Wish we could do that at home.
Posted by: Garth, October 29, 2016, 5:26pm; Reply: 74
Should have won if we were given the pen we deserved
Posted by: sydney, October 29, 2016, 5:27pm; Reply: 75
Another Curry then back to room to see scores
Well done DM happy with a point at Yeovil
Just a quick question on new manager
I'm sure club statement said something like "we will wait to see all applicants and then the board will discuss and move to interview"
Where and why can't we approach someone?
Come on Town!!
Posted by: Tommy, October 29, 2016, 5:38pm; Reply: 76
Disappointed with Dave Moore's team selection today. Our most creative player on the bench, best central midfielder on the bench, and Berrett out wide again  (FFS at the last one).

Then I notice we don't have one loan player in the starting eleven. Is that strange? Deliberate?

Vose, Comley and Jackson on the bench. No Tuton at all.

Only permanent signings in the starting eleven. Probably nothing but could he have been giving permanent contract players chance to stake claims for places first. If so, seems daft when some of those permanent contracts are only a year, same as Vose and Jackson's loans.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 29, 2016, 5:49pm; Reply: 77
Just listening to Dave Moore and what a breath of fresh air after the week we've had and it's great to get a really good, honest viewpoint

Maybe it's because he's not under any pressure being the care-taker but well done Dave! :)
Posted by: Posh Harry, October 29, 2016, 5:49pm; Reply: 78
Not sure and willing to be corrected but isn't Danny Andrew the only one on a one year deal apart from people like Pearson and gowling who will come to the end of their contracts at the end of the season. Nearly everyone got a 2 year deal apart from Tombola who got 3 years.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 29, 2016, 6:04pm; Reply: 79
Cracking interview by Mooro - says it as it is and has never let GTFC down.
Posted by: Ipswin, October 29, 2016, 6:25pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Cracking interview by Mooro - says it as it is and has never let GTFC down.

Give him the job! We could do a lot worse (in fact we probably will)
Posted by: ginnywings, October 29, 2016, 6:32pm; Reply: 81
I think the team is in a mindset of "keeping us shape" and not conceding, leftover from the PH years. A new manager may well have to re-programme them to be a bit more bold and take more chances (literally) and that will take time and maybe some new personnel, if we can swing it. On the other hand, we may get someone who has the same philosophy. Playing like that away from home is fine and if we can nick a goal, we are almost guaranteed a point or three. Really want to see a manager who is more progressive toward attacking play, especially at home.
Posted by: lee65, October 29, 2016, 6:43pm; Reply: 82
Stats from BBC sport;

Home TeamYeovil  Away TeamGrimsby

Possession - Home 47%, Away 53%
Shots - Home 6, Away 11
Shots on Target - Home 1, Away 3
Corners - Home 4, Away 5
Fouls - Home 12, Away 8
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 29, 2016, 6:56pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from ginnywings
I think the team is in a mindset of "keeping us shape" and not conceding, leftover from the PH years. A new manager may well have to re-programme them to be a bit more bold and take more chances (literally) and that will take time and maybe some new personnel, if we can swing it. On the other hand, we may get someone who has the same philosophy. Playing like that away from home is fine and if we can nick a goal, we are almost guaranteed a point or three. Really want to see a manager who is more progressive toward attacking play, especially at home.

I think we actually have the talent when everyone is fit, since Chambers has been out I think we have missed him. All we need in the immediate term is a manager who is not as conservative as PH and is brave enough to pick players n their correct positions based upon how dangerous they can be rather than reputation or size of their deal. Mid term (Jan window) a bit of experience up front would really help.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 10:36am