Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: lee65, October 28, 2016, 10:46am
Living near York as I do, I've often wondered why we are usually the DAB commentary while Scunthorpe are usually on AM only.

I happened to be driving in the car this morning and listening to Humberside, and found out that only today do 75,000 people in the Scunthorpe area get access to a digital transmission.

I wonder if this means we will get pushed on to just AM in the future? (which obviously is hopeless where I live, and awful for night games too)

I hope Mariners Player keeps working  :)
Posted by: moosey_club, October 28, 2016, 10:52am; Reply: 1
As a large proportion of Scunthorpe rely heavily on reading tea leaves for their news then even having an A.M Radio is relative witch craft punishable by a dunking in the Trent.
Posted by: Simariner, October 28, 2016, 11:29am; Reply: 2
Don't you find the Mariners Player being about 3-4 minutes out from the real play?
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 28, 2016, 11:48am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Simariner
Don't you find the Mariners Player being about 3-4 minutes out from the real play?

Bit like Straker then  ;)
Posted by: lee65, October 28, 2016, 11:49am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Simariner

Yes, good point, and very annoying.  If you follow the game on the fishy thread at the same time you know if we are about to score or concede!  :-/
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, October 28, 2016, 11:59am; Reply: 5
Anyone else have a problem picking up Humberside DAB? For the past few months I've been unable to pick it up on any of my devices.
Posted by: lee65, October 28, 2016, 12:17pm; Reply: 6
I struggle with reception, but I guess I'm on the edge of the range near York?

I think I read somewhere that, compared with FM, digital doesn't travel very far?

Hopefully a Scunny area boost might benefit me, as 20 miles closer, assuming we still feature occasionally  :)
Posted by: Cloudy, October 28, 2016, 12:23pm; Reply: 7
Regarding Humberside commentary, is Lloyd Grithhs JT's regular side kick these days for Town away games?
Posted by: KK_DOG, October 28, 2016, 12:32pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
Anyone else have a problem picking up Humberside DAB? For the past few months I've been unable to pick it up on any of my devices.

You need to re tune you radio's. Humberside altered something but a re tune will work fine.

Posted by: Jaws, October 28, 2016, 2:22pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from KK_DOG

You need to re tune you radio's. Humberside altered something but a re tune will work fine.

I had the same issue but found waiting 10-20 seconds, the radio would do a rescan and pick it up.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, October 28, 2016, 5:12pm; Reply: 10
Yes, tried that but it just doesn't pick it up on my hi-fi, portable radio, or car. I must be missing a trick somewhere.
Posted by: scrumble, October 28, 2016, 5:46pm; Reply: 11
I used to prefer it on AM as the range was better. We could pick it up when working away. In the early 90's we even managed to listen to the Villa league cup game in Biarritz
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 28, 2016, 5:57pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from KK_DOG

Nice one just to add I googled the make of my radio up and it told you how to retune it. After doing this it worked fine.

Posted by: pontoon442, October 28, 2016, 8:01pm; Reply: 13
BBc Radio Humberside also covers the Mariners matches on FreeView so listen on your Telly, no DAB radio required.... :) :) :)
Posted by: Jaws, October 28, 2016, 10:02pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from pontoon442
BBc Radio Humberside also covers the Mariners matches on FreeView so listen on your Telly, no DAB radio required.... :) :) :)

Instead of a digital aerial capable of receiving audio only, you need a digital aerial capable of receiving audio and video.
Posted by: mariner83, October 29, 2016, 7:38am; Reply: 15
Quoted from KK_DOG

Thanks for that, mine was taking a while to pick up local stations. Have returned and it's fine now,
Posted by: MrFisherman, October 29, 2016, 8:40am; Reply: 16
To all the numpties out there DAB could be the next best thing since the Digital TV switch so Humberside putting us on it most of the time is a compliment.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, October 29, 2016, 9:34am; Reply: 17
Thanks for the help guys. After downloading the manuals for the radios I've managed to get nearly all of the devices tuned in. Just got my car to figure out now. :)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 29, 2016, 11:44am; Reply: 18
Quoted from moosey_club
As a large proportion of Scunthorpe rely heavily on reading tea leaves for their news then even having an A.M Radio is relative witch craft punishable by a dunking in the Trent.

😂😂 👍
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 29, 2016, 11:47am; Reply: 19
Quoted from mariner83

Thanks for that, mine was taking a while to pick up local stations. Have returned and it's fine now,

Been anywhere nice?   ;)

Posted by: NorthseaMariner, October 29, 2016, 11:49am; Reply: 20
Quoted from moosey_club

As I work a few days a month in Scunthorpe, maybe that's my problem. :)
Posted by: moosey_club, October 29, 2016, 12:32pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from NorthseaMariner

As I work a few days a month in Scunthorpe, maybe that's my problem. :)

You will fit in nicely with the locals then cos thats all they work too  :P
Posted by: moosey_club, October 29, 2016, 12:36pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Cloudy
Regarding Humberside commentary, is Lloyd Grithhs JT's regular side kick these days for Town away games?

they use him to add to the traditional radio transmission experience.... pops up every now and then with an annoying bit of interference  :)
Posted by: mariner83, October 29, 2016, 1:06pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Been anywhere nice?   ;)

Stupid autocorrect  ;D
Posted by: MrsMariner, October 29, 2016, 3:50pm; Reply: 24
Thank you so much
I've had my DAB radio 4 years and never been able to get Humberside, didn't know about auto tune till reading this thread and today happily listening to Town's commentary rather than having to put up with Scunny
Will be happier though if we could find a goal from somewhere
UTM
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 4:41am