Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), October 24, 2016, 10:40pm
Surprised with this appointment but I really hope he keeps the players together and delivers success during his stewardship. Don't remember him playing but he has been a key part of the Club for a long time, so overall a good choice for the Club.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, October 24, 2016, 10:42pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from 28195
Surprised with this appointment but I really hope he keeps the players together and delivers success during his stewardship. Don't remember him playing but he has been a key part of the Club for a long time, so overall a good choice for the Club.

Great guy will have the players respect that I'm certain off
Posted by: supertown, October 24, 2016, 10:54pm; Reply: 2
Surprised why? We need someone for now
Posted by: Kris2, October 24, 2016, 10:56pm; Reply: 3
Who else would they appoint as caretaker? He's already done it before and there isn't really anyone else.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 24, 2016, 10:56pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from 28195

Surprised!!!, who else could there have been?
Posted by: OllieGTFC, October 24, 2016, 10:57pm; Reply: 5
This bloke is town through and through absolutely love Moore, don't care what anyone says he is legend with club
Posted by: chaos33, October 24, 2016, 11:12pm; Reply: 6
I think people can be reassured by realising that Dave Moore is universally respected at Town as a knowledgeable, calm and dependable chap. I've been told by two separate ex players that Dave Moore's knowledge and understanding of the game is second to none, and that his influence on them as professionals was significant. Obviously DM's biggest challenge now will be all the prep that has to be done for the games - the homework and research on the opposition etc. He's not used to doing that and hasn't had to worry about it, but I'm sure he'll adapt. He will have help. In what is a turbulent and uncertain short term period for Town whilst a successor to Hurst is sought, I think Dave Moore will be the steady and safe pair of hands we would surely all want.
Posted by: Mariner1980, October 24, 2016, 11:21pm; Reply: 7
On the subject of physios, anyone else remember Gerry Delahunt? I wonder were he went. Had a Saudi Arabian plated landcruiser.
OK, Im tired. Carry on :)
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 24, 2016, 11:23pm; Reply: 8
Great servant to the club, very well respected and rightly so.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 24, 2016, 11:24pm; Reply: 9
He's not totally green at management. I know it was a long time ago but he did spend 2 years as Scunny boss in the 90's. There's no one else anyway apart from Warrington or senior Pro's.
Posted by: Bigboy, October 24, 2016, 11:35pm; Reply: 10
He comes across as quite intelligent and articulate in his interview. Hurst was painful to listen to and struggled to get his point across - Doig was no better.  I often wonder why Dave never had another go at management - I think he could be successful.  Perhaps he doesn't want it.
Posted by: Biccys, October 24, 2016, 11:37pm; Reply: 11
Er, Neil Woods is back at the club. I seem to recall he was a manager once. Once was enough.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, October 24, 2016, 11:53pm; Reply: 12
I wonder if hurst wanted to take Moore and Warrington as well, anyone got any info on this? PH was always quick to praise the whole of his staff.
Posted by: BackHeelTony, October 25, 2016, 12:02am; Reply: 13
Not very often a manager takes a physio with him and doubt Moore would want to leave town anyway....and shrewsbury already have danny Coyne as gk coach
Posted by: BackHeelTony, October 25, 2016, 12:02am; Reply: 14
Not very often a manager takes a physio with him and doubt Moore would want to leave town anyway....and shrewsbury already have danny Coyne as gk coach
Posted by: 1mickylyons, October 25, 2016, 7:26am; Reply: 15
Dave was brilliant at the recent Bobby Cumming night as compere really passionate about GTFC we could certainly do a lot worse.
Posted by: Rick12, October 25, 2016, 7:46am; Reply: 16
For me Dave Moore is old school and I like that.Strikes me as a very good, honourable man and I feel a  great addition to our backroom staff
Posted by: Garth, October 25, 2016, 9:45am; Reply: 17
Once the situation arose there was only one man experienced enough to take the reigns if he agreed too, Dave Moore is quite capable of being a full time manager again,  but I don`t think he`d want it.

Carry on Dave,  go for it this weekend lets give the new guy a good start (PH who`s he?)
Posted by: Tinymariner, October 25, 2016, 10:54am; Reply: 18
Watkiss is back apparently, helping Moore out for a while.
Posted by: oldun, October 25, 2016, 11:09am; Reply: 19
Stuart is out of work after a spell in India.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 25, 2016, 6:37pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from ginnywings
He's not totally green at management. I know it was a long time ago but he did spend 2 years as Scunny boss in the 90's. There's no one else anyway apart from Warrington or senior Pro's.

This is a time when the likes of Dis, Gowling, Collins etc... need to support Dave in steadying the ship..
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 25, 2016, 6:56pm; Reply: 21
Just realised today it's almost exactly 22 years to the day since Buckley left. Think it was 23/24 October. Not that I'd put Hurst in the same category as Buckley. We went on a great run under Cockers and Groves.
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 12:41am