Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), October 24, 2016, 12:39pm
I would have been sorely tempted to Mr Buckley take temporary charge of this group of players as an interim measure.

It would be interesting to see what he could do with them as a coach, say over a week to two week period until somebody else is in place.

I think he was a bit out of touch with the player market when he did his last stint, but I would love to see him put his brand of football into a decent group that we have now.
Posted by: Kris2, October 24, 2016, 12:44pm; Reply: 1
Please just stop it
Posted by: monkeyboy, October 24, 2016, 12:46pm; Reply: 2
I agree, the bloke is more tactically aware than Paul Hurst and could do really well with this group of players.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, October 24, 2016, 12:50pm; Reply: 3
Would certainly not have a problem with him holding the fort for a temporary period, I know his last stint was not great but i would have thought he is more able than DM, no disrespect to a great club servant, who surely has enough on his plate at present.

End of the day comes down to how long "temporary" will last but going by Shrewsbury's example 2 to 3 weeks minimum you would say and we have a very hard set of fixtures just around the corner.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 24, 2016, 12:53pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from monkeyboy
I agree, the bloke is more tactically aware than Paul Hurst and could do really well with this group of players.

He's retired.
Posted by: monkeyboy, October 24, 2016, 12:58pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from ginnywings

He's retired.

Could be at 65 he fancies one more bash, besides i thought he was still involved with the youth?
Posted by: gobby, October 24, 2016, 1:00pm; Reply: 6
No. 8)
UTMM
Posted by: ginnywings, October 24, 2016, 1:00pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from monkeyboy

Could be at 65 he fancies one more bash, besides i thought he was still involved with the youth?

He's been out of the game too long. Nice sentiment and there is no bigger fan of AB than me, but his time has been and gone.
Posted by: monkeyboy, October 24, 2016, 1:01pm; Reply: 8
Anyway what about Craig Disley as a stand in until the end of the season???
He ticks all the right boxes and knows the players and is very respected everywhere he has played.

Plus he must have some good contacts dotted around the place
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), October 24, 2016, 1:03pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from monkeyboy
He ticks all the right boxes and knows the players and is very respected everywhere he has played.

Disley would not be allowed under league rules. Doesn't have either his B License, A License or Pro License.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 24, 2016, 1:04pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from monkeyboy

Dave Moore has already been named as caretaker and the board will be sifting through CV's as we speak. We need an experienced league manager to hit the ground running. Disley hasn't even got his coaching badges.
Posted by: monkeyboy, October 24, 2016, 1:07pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from 120790

Disley would not be allowed under league rules. Doesn't have either his B License, A License or Pro License.

I thought you could be a caretaker without the badges? Im sure someone else did that and studied for them while caretaking at a club then was made permanent.
Cant remember who it was tho
Posted by: monkeyboy, October 24, 2016, 1:07pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from 120790

I thought you could be a caretaker without the badges? Im sure someone else did that and studied for them while caretaking at a club then was made permanent.
Cant remember who it was tho
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 24, 2016, 1:07pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from 120790

I thought that you were allowed a certain amount of time to get your licence(s) if you took over a mangerial position.
Posted by: 97 (Guest), October 24, 2016, 1:10pm; Reply: 14
Do we really have to do this again?
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 2:53pm