Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, October 24, 2016, 11:02am
ah well
Posted by: OllieGTFC, October 24, 2016, 11:05am; Reply: 1
I said i didn't believe a word that bloke says oh well
Posted by: Sigone, October 24, 2016, 11:06am; Reply: 2
Time for Mavis the tea lady to take training.
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 24, 2016, 11:06am; Reply: 3
That's a quick  decision from a guy that 'knew nothing' on Saturday 😉
Posted by: 1mickylyons, October 24, 2016, 11:06am; Reply: 4
devious scotch git
Posted by: davmariner, October 24, 2016, 11:09am; Reply: 5
Fecking liar.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 24, 2016, 11:10am; Reply: 6
I knew he was telling us porkies/
Posted by: RoboCod, October 24, 2016, 11:10am; Reply: 7
"But...I'm completely in the dark..."

Deceitful actions from not just the Assistant but a former Town player, employed by the club.

Yes Doig, deceitful.
Posted by: Mikey_345, October 24, 2016, 11:12am; Reply: 8
But does he know he's gone?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 24, 2016, 11:12am; Reply: 9
Quoted from 1mickylyons
devious scotch git

I have to say that I'm pretty sure we would all have had a lot more respect for both of them had they declined to be interviewed on Saturday. The words that came out were pretty embarrassing and (I know it's hindsight) it would have been better if Mooro had been put in charge for the game.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 24, 2016, 11:12am; Reply: 10
disrespectful to the core, we as fans deserve better, I don't blame JF for this though, as said by Sigone, I bet he feels very let down by a man who he has backed to the hilt for 6 years now
Posted by: RoboCod, October 24, 2016, 11:13am; Reply: 11
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I have to say that I'm pretty sure we would all have had a lot more respect for both of them had they declined to be interviewed on Saturday. The words that came out were pretty embarrassing and (I know it's hindsight) it would have been better if Mooro had been put in charge for the game.

Absolutely.
Posted by: somersetmariner, October 24, 2016, 11:16am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Hagrid
disrespectful to the core, we as fans deserve better, I don't blame JF for this though, as said by Sigone, I bet he feels very let down by a man who he has backed to the hilt for 6 years now

Yep he was behind on Saturday - those curled lips - ggggrrrrrr

Made me remember the fans forum a couple of years ago watching him smirk at the fans questions disrespectful git.

Posted by: 1mickylyons, October 24, 2016, 11:16am; Reply: 13
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Totally correct and I know it`s hindsight but we have chucked away 3 very winnable points on Saturday having that pair in charge and it reminds me of the Cardiff debacle under Sladehead :-/
Posted by: ginnywings, October 24, 2016, 11:29am; Reply: 14
I said on Friday that Hurst and Doig shouldn't be in charge of the game on Saturday, as it was blatantly obvious they were securing their futures away from BP. The bare faced lies he told after the game were obvious even to the most loyal supporter. Lying twit.
Posted by: 97 (Guest), October 24, 2016, 11:31am; Reply: 15
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Totally correct and I know it`s hindsight but we have chucked away 3 very winnable points on Saturday having that pair in charge and it reminds me of the Cardiff debacle under Sladehead :-/

Me too.

There's just something about Cheltenham isn't there?
Posted by: Spidey, October 24, 2016, 11:32am; Reply: 16
Lying barsteward, were better off without people like him, lying through his front teeth at us, we deserve better than that.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, October 24, 2016, 11:33am; Reply: 17
Quoted from 97

Me too.

There's just something about Cheltenham isn't there?

They have a Manager I wouldn't object to poaching he knows how to win games that`s for sure he would do well here the sort of bloke the fans would take to win at all costs mentality.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, October 24, 2016, 11:41am; Reply: 18
Not bothered, didn't want Doig taking over as a caretaker and winning a couple and getting the job.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 24, 2016, 11:41am; Reply: 19
I'm pleased he's gone as it at least removes one cheap option that might have tempted JF.
Posted by: gytone, October 24, 2016, 11:43am; Reply: 20
What a spineless t**t Doig is with that interview on Saturday, better off without people like him
Posted by: RoboCod, October 24, 2016, 11:43am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I'm pleased he's gone as it at least removes one cheap option that might have tempted JF.

But moves Woodsy up one further place in the cheap option chart ;)

Just kidding. No,really....
Posted by: golfer, October 24, 2016, 11:48am; Reply: 22
He most likely lied so he could get better odds,and he let me put 50p on Big Sam to be the Shrews boss. Ah well, can't expect everybody to be as honest as me. Suppose I'll have to put 50p on Big Sam to be our next boss
Posted by: highcliff mariner, October 24, 2016, 11:53am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

This absolutely . Deceit and lies ,leaves a bad taste . And towns handling of this sorry affair leaves alot to be desired .
Posted by: Cloudy, October 24, 2016, 11:55am; Reply: 24
The interview was obviously awful but he was put in a stupid position.

He couldnt really say we have both been talking to Shrewsbury and a decision is imminent once compo has been agreed.

Yes, he could have said 'no comment'  but for me it is just a total lack of leadership over the affair
Posted by: friskneymariner, October 24, 2016, 12:21pm; Reply: 25
Wonder what players think about Doig going.
Posted by: Perkins, October 24, 2016, 2:10pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from friskneymariner
Wonder what players think about Doig going.

Probably looking forward to being able to understand what his replacement is talking about
Posted by: GrimRob, October 24, 2016, 4:51pm; Reply: 27
Doig: Well it's been good working with you Paul. All the best
Hurst: Come with me Chris, I need a Number 2.
Doig: Go to the bog on the way out! Bye Paul.
Hurst: No, I would like you to be us assistant.
Doig: What, at Shrewsbury? Will they have me?
Hurst: I've already spoken to them. I can have who I want. Will you come, Chris?
Doig:I'll follow you anywhere, Paul. Come on let's go!
Posted by: Grim74, October 24, 2016, 4:58pm; Reply: 28
Chris Doig the last man on earth you would want to get stuck in a lift with 🔪🙌🏼
Posted by: friskneymariner, October 24, 2016, 5:08pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Grim74
Chris Doig the last man on earth you would want to get stuck in a lift with 🔪🙌🏼

Don't think you are on your own in thinking that,players included.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 24, 2016, 5:11pm; Reply: 30
Apart from doing the same warm up for the last 3 seasons and moaning at 4th officials I am not sure what value he added anyway..................... Maybe we should use the salary he has freed up for a strength and fitness coach for the new manager when he starts.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 24, 2016, 6:05pm; Reply: 31
Im sure dave moore and andy warrington can handle it until the new manager comes in.

Needs to be right , a six person shortlist for me is encouraging at least we are keeping options open , we are league two and near the playoffs so we are a good draw atm and we shouldn't be short selling ourselves.
Print page generated: April 30, 2024, 5:02pm