Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 24, 2016, 10:20am
If PH has gone the club should be issuing a comprehensive statement ASAP.

They have had all weekend to prepare a statement for any eventuality.  As soon as a decision is made either way the club should be ready to inform the fans as to the way ahead.

Please not another p1ss poor attempt at PR. This one is massive.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, October 24, 2016, 10:25am; Reply: 1
I honestly can't wait for the reason to come out why he has left to be honest, PROBABLY FOLLOW HIS MATE TOTO ( ITS THE FANS FAULT)
Posted by: 1mickylyons, October 24, 2016, 10:26am; Reply: 2
Quoted from OllieGTFC
I honestly can't wait for the reason to come out why he has left to be honest, PROBABLY FOLLOW HIS MATE TOTO ( ITS THE FANS FAULT)

Those same fans who backed his teams home and away in massive numbers and the best Season Ticket Sales for donkeys years I hope he remembers that.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, October 24, 2016, 10:28am; Reply: 3
Exactly mate he will never see that following again with Shrewsbury, his lost another man gain
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, October 24, 2016, 10:29am; Reply: 4
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Those same fans who backed his teams home and away in massive numbers and the best Season Ticket Sales for donkeys years I hope he remembers that.

Let's be honest he never as liked us
Posted by: RichMariner, October 24, 2016, 10:32am; Reply: 5
Paul Hurst has today left his position as manager of Grimsby Town Football Club.

We would like to put on record our thanks to Paul for all he has achieved during his time with us, and we wish him all the best for the future.

There. Written it for them in one minute. It's non-committal, short of any explanation whatsoever and does nothing to quash any rumours.

Perfect.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 24, 2016, 10:36am; Reply: 6
PH is bound to have a dig at the Town fans in his first interview. He had numerous coded digs while in our employment, now he can say more along the lines of what he really thinks .
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 24, 2016, 11:00am; Reply: 7
Quoted from GrimRob
PH is bound to have a dig at the Town fans in his first interview. He had numerous coded digs while in our employment, now he can say more along the lines of what he really thinks .

He can but I doubt he will say too much. That would start people in Shrewsbury wondering about him and his attitude to supporters.

I don't think he has done himself any favours with his comments but neither do I think that is all his fault. Part of it is the club. This stupid idea that the manager and players MUST SAY SOMETHING before and after every game is counterproductive and not just at BP. What matters is what happens on the pitch. Good PR does not happen in interviews, it happens through events. When was the last time a Town side trained at a school and signed autographs afterwards? Why don't Town players go our every week into the working community and the caring community? Hurst and the club should have made this happen.

So Hurst has been left with those inept interviews as his legacy. Personally I don't rate him terribly highly as a manager but I do think he deserved better support with his PR.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 24, 2016, 11:02am; Reply: 8
Quoted from OllieGTFC

The fans who sang his name for 20+ minutes at Cambridge.?
Posted by: Sigone, October 24, 2016, 11:09am; Reply: 9
I would imagine Mr Fenty is feeling very low and betrayed at the minute after backing P.H through think and thin over the past 3 seasons.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 24, 2016, 11:10am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Sigone
I would imagine Mr Fenty is feeling very low and betrayed at the minute after backing P.H through think and thin over the past 3 seasons.

yes I would agree with this
Posted by: 1mickylyons, October 24, 2016, 11:14am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Sigone

At least 3 times large numbers of Town fans wanted him out and JF stood firm so I reckon you are right.
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 24, 2016, 11:14am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Sigone

Didn't Boston back him ?

You reap what you sow I'm afraid.  If your wife/girlfriend left a partner for you. Don't be too surprised if she leaves you in the same fashion.

I think the difference is, Boston really missed him. I don't think that's the case here though.
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 9:54pm