Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Poll Data Not Available with Printable Version
Posted by: GrimRob, October 24, 2016, 9:33am
We have to go in-house for a caretaker. Who would you choose?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 24, 2016, 9:37am; Reply: 1
Quoted from GrimRob
We have to go in-house for a caretaker. Who would you choose?

Plenty of experienced pros in the building. Davies, Disley, Collins & Gowling.
Posted by: chaos33, October 24, 2016, 9:37am; Reply: 2
Dave Moore knows more about football than anyone at GTFC. In fact he did even before Hurst and Doig departed for massive Shrewsbury. Therefore I'd hope it would be him.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 24, 2016, 9:48am; Reply: 3
Would it be possible to set up some sort of system so that an ambulance and nurses would  automatically be sent round to anyone who chooses Neil Woods and carts them off to the funny farm.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 24, 2016, 9:49am; Reply: 4
Quoted from chaos33
Dave Moore knows more about football than anyone at GTFC. In fact he did even before Hurst and Doig departed for massive Shrewsbury. Therefore I'd hope it would be him.

When did he last manage a team though? It must have been before most of the players were even born.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, October 24, 2016, 9:50am; Reply: 5
I see that junior mariners are invited to meet the players today at the club shop at 2.15pm

Could we be getting the leagues first under 16 manager?
Posted by: GrimRob, October 24, 2016, 9:57am; Reply: 6
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
I see that junior mariners are invited to meet the players today at the club shop at 2.15pm

Could we be getting the leagues first under 16 manager?

Maybe it signals a new roll for Neil Woods  ;)
Posted by: chaos33, October 24, 2016, 9:59am; Reply: 7
Quoted from GrimRob

When did he last manage a team though? It must have been before most of the players were even born.

That might be correct, but he's got more managerial experience than the rest of your poll options put together (minus Buckley who has RETIRED from football). He's got the knowledge, the qualifications, he's calm and considered and he won't be expected to play as well as manage. For a few games only this would be ok.
Posted by: LH, October 24, 2016, 10:01am; Reply: 8
Moore the only sensible choice really so fully expect Shaun Pearson to takeover.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 24, 2016, 10:02am; Reply: 9
Quoted from chaos33

That might be correct, but he's got more managerial experience than the rest of your poll options put together. He's got the knowledge, the qua
Indications, he's calm and considered and he won't be expected to play as well as manage.

I think AB has more experience than DM. Woods would be the obvious choice but he'll never get asked because of his history. Disley or one of the senior pros would be the best choice IMHO.
Posted by: chaos33, October 24, 2016, 10:04am; Reply: 10
You didn't give me time to edit that Rob. I know Buckley has the most experience but he retired some time ago.
Posted by: Mariners_15, October 24, 2016, 10:04am; Reply: 11
Carl Magnay
Posted by: 1mickylyons, October 24, 2016, 10:05am; Reply: 12
Buckley
Posted by: marinerrick, October 24, 2016, 10:21am; Reply: 13
Disley, well respected by rest of team and considering he is not playing as much now would have more time to manage. IMO i would like to see him have a go and get DM or AB to assist/advise.
Posted by: chaos33, October 24, 2016, 10:27am; Reply: 14
The caretaker would normally be someone in the current employment of the club. I think Buckley and Moore together would be fine though for a week or two. Let the players concentrate on playing.
Posted by: AlfredTheGreat, October 24, 2016, 10:31am; Reply: 15
Neil Woods would be the worst caretaker since Ian Huntley
Posted by: Mikey_345, October 24, 2016, 10:33am; Reply: 16
If we go down the route of Dis or another player - perhaps AB could be brought in to advise/mentor on a short term basis until the situation is resolved.
Posted by: jimgtfc, October 24, 2016, 10:35am; Reply: 17
Dave Moore assisted by Dis for me, but I'd like a permanent manager in place for Barnet at home on the 12th Nov.
Posted by: Sigone, October 24, 2016, 10:39am; Reply: 18
Woods doesn't join us till Nov 11th so that's a non starter isn't it!
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 24, 2016, 10:43am; Reply: 19
Quoted from GrimRob

I could be wrong but I am sure he was c/taker when we played at Kettering, 2-1 win

Hurst always seem to talk to him at games more than he did Doig so he valued his input.

Hopefully it will only be for one game anyway,

Disley and Davies, Collins and Gowling can all help in some way,

No problems we do not have a team of kids they all know what is required of them.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, October 24, 2016, 10:52am; Reply: 20
Buckley's coaching techniques are out dated now. We have to move on and leave him consigned to the past as a club legend.
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 24, 2016, 10:58am; Reply: 21
No mention of Doig by anyone. Have I missed something ?
Posted by: GrimRob, October 24, 2016, 11:03am; Reply: 22
Quoted from Civvy at last
No mention of Doig by anyone. Have I missed something ?

He's following Hurst. First he knew of it was when he was signing the "Sorry you're leaving" card apparently.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 24, 2016, 11:21am; Reply: 23
Quoted from GrimRob

He was caretaker more recently than that. I've wiped most of those years from my memory but he was in charge for a little while at some point in the last few years.

It's got to be him in charge for me, unless we already have someone lined up. The club have had a few days to prepare despite denying all knowledge. I wouldn't think there'd be a shortage of takers. How many managers get to come to a side who are not in a relegation dogfight?
Posted by: Doubled, October 24, 2016, 11:21am; Reply: 24
Dave Moore caretaker, from gtfc website
Posted by: chaos33, October 24, 2016, 11:22am; Reply: 25
Yep. DM is caretaker. Don't know if he'll be assisted.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 24, 2016, 11:34am; Reply: 26
There endeth the poll.
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 10:26pm